Do you shop with a list or buy whatever you see? merged

jarerice

I start with a list, just so I don't forget to buy something for somebody, and I'm terrible at forgetting what I've already bought. So I start with a few ideas and then go from there. The most important thing for me is to remember to write down what I bought after I bought it, so I don't go too far overboard with any one person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I shop 12/26 for the next Christmas. I keep a list of birthdates and names for Christmas gifts in a little notebook in my purse. As I buy I write the gift down in pen. If I have an idea to look for I write it in pencil then change it to pen when it is purchased.

Both, but mostly I shop by list.

I am a chronic list maker, by the time I've done all my shopping I will have revsied each persons list 10 times.

I'm the same way. I have a notebook where I write down what I plan on getting everyone and check it off when I have bought it. Of course, I revise that list all the time, lol. Especially the kids. Of course, if I happen upon a great gift for someone at a great price, I get that too.

Dh is more of an impulse shopper than I am, lol. Last year on bf we went to wal mart. I had about only 4 items I was after, dh was the one filling up the cart, lol. And he complains that I shop too much, lol. He is worse than me sometimes.

Elena

I am a list person. Organized,and planning out things all of the time. Then the ads start coming out and BOOM! My DH starts thinking we out to buy a few things...like a new 50"lcd tv, or random gifts for one child,only to play "catch up" on the others. Bouncy Santa hats, or Elvis Presley ornaments, & mountains of candy. Do you ever have buyers remorse after the holidays?

Generally I don't but just to make sure this year I'm asking DH how much I'll be able to spend. We just paid off our mortgage but have a couple other bills to take care of so we still need to watch our spending. Even so, we have a lot of people to think of both here and (mostly) overseas.

And then there's DH's own list...

Usually my only buyers remorse are the items I pick up without a particular person in mind. You know those deals to great to pass up on Target clearance!!!

These end up on the gift shelf unused. Eventually do use some of them when I make charity baskets for raffles but never as the gifts I think they will be when I purchase them.

If I stick to my list and shop smart I don't have these "extras" laying around.