Santa Pictures....Do you get them or not?

jarerice

Last year Wal-Mart did them for free but they were very cheesy. It was the first time I had taken my ds 3 to get pics with Santa and I wasn't sure if he'd freak out or not. He did really well so we may have to find a better quality place this year. I think a local church down the road from us does them for donations.

My mom works at Garmin and they always have a holiday party with Mr. and Mrs. Claus there as well as clowns, crafts, and treats. It is lots of fun and I get to take my own pics and Garmin also takes some and prints them out there for us. Mr. & Mrs. Claus look so real it is nice.

My dd hates them though. Both years so far she has been red in the face and screaming. I don't think it will be any different this year. It is too funny but my dh doesn't think it is quite as funny as I do. He can't stand to see his little princess crying.

Last year was the first year I took Dylan and Riley to see Santa. We went to the mall and had them done. It was fairly expensive, but they turned out so cute and the Santa was just wonderful. We got lots of pictures too. I think we had 3 5x7, 4 4x6 and either 8 or 10 wallets. Something like that. I think it cost around $25 or so, but since I bought the package they gave me a $10 mall gift card. It wasn't a bad deal really.

We do, but we have a Winter Wonderland where your child can get their pic taken with your camera (no charge for any of it).

Then, we go to Big Cedar every year and on Saturdays they have a meet 'n greet outside with Santa and Mrs. Claus and, again, it's no charge to take a pic with your own camera. The elf will even take a family photo for you!

My daughter is only 1 but we did do the Santa pics for her first Xmas. I figure I'll have the pictures done every year for as long as she'll tolerate it! I did cheat big time - I purchased the cheapest picture I could ($2 for 4 wallets) and then when I got home I scanned them and edited them. By edit I inserted the words "Samira's 1st Christmas 2007" into one of the pillows. There was no way that I was paying $15 for a little 5x7 that is on cheap photo paper.

I am in college and my school has a breakfast with Santa with free pictures. We will be doing that again this year!

It actually pays to go to school!

It is so sad that we are thinking about this stuff so soon-I think parents enjoy christmas as much as the kids do!!

Our Bass Pro Shop did them last year. They had a sleigh pulled by "stuffed" reindeer and Santa and the kids sat in the sleigh. They only charged $5 and it was really cute! Not sure if they all do it, but I will definitely be looking for it again this year.

• 2 weeks later...

My DD is 3 (will be 4 next week) and for the past 2 years, I couldn't even get her to SIT on Santa's lap, let alone get a good shot of her with him, so I didn't feel so bad just taking her to Walmart and getting a free pix. Both Santas were cheesy looking, and so was the backdrop (wrapping paper with some fake presents around).

Who knows, maybe this year she won't freak. Maybe not - but I am not going to pay top dollar at the mall for a picture of her standing next to Santa... lol!

Yep ...pics with Santa is a must. I know they are pricey but our local Wal-Mart does them for free. And the Background at our's is really pretty and the guy who has played "Santa" the past 2 years is great with the kids. He also looks wounderful!!! After I get my free 5X7 I got to the machine and print some xtra for the grandpartents and a few wallets. The santa at our local mall dose not look or act the part.....which in my oponion stinks!!!

The only place that I know of around here to get pics with Santa is the mall. I don't have to make the choice about buying them, because neither DD6 or DS3 will go near Santa. Last year DS3 walked through the line and then yelled at him from about 15 feet away what he wanted, but refused to sit on his lap.