How many gifts does Santa bring?

jarerice

Santa usually brings 3 or 4 of their gifts and we give the rest. I try to limit each of our sons to around 8 gifts each but it is getting harder. I really try to spend about the same on each of them but with our older son (12) wanting such expensive things its getting tough. I could buy our 4 yr old 3 things to our older's one! This is going to be a tough year to figure out!!

Usually, Santa just brings 1-2 gifts per child. Santa tends to bring THE gift of the year. So, last year, ds5 wanted a doodle monster, since walmart had that sale, AND I had already picked up a doodle monster, ds5 ended up with 3 presents under the tree, 2 doodle dino's and 1 doodle monster. While ds11 only had 1 present, an mp3 player. I don't worry overly much on making the kids gifts = in price for santa presents, because my youngest has no concept of $$ - just how much he wants a certain present.

I do equal out the total amount of money I spend per kid total though. I have to say my youngest tends to have a LOT more presents under the tree than my oldest. But my oldest is savy enough to understand that his presents cost substantially more, so no hurt feelings.

Noone minds here. Everyone is happy round my house on Christmas morning. :D

Oh how I wish I would have started the only 3-4 gifts from Santa thing when My

oldest was a BABY. But unfortunately, we go overboard every year and there is no

room under tree and the gifts go half way out thru the room.

I'm with you there. I don't know how many gifts we buy but it's just way too many. Our living room always looks like a toy store exploded. This year will be no better. My kids are only 3 though, so I could probably change now.....only problem is I LOVE doing it. I really should cut it down now though, while they're still little and I'm able to.

Santa brings 3 for each child and they are always unwrapped. This year Santa is bringing a Wii which will be for all 3 of the kids and then each child will receive 2 others. They also get some things in their stockings as well.

The rest of the presents are from "Mom and Dad". As my husband likes to say - "You go buck wild at Christmastime and none of it is for me", LOL

All our gifts are from Santa also. One year DS10 (7 at the time) asked us where his present was from us. Apparently his friends got from their parents and Santa. I told him that good kids get so much from Santa that the parents don't have to help pay for them. But the naughty boys have to have their parents buy some or they wouldn't get very much. So he went to school all proud that he was the best kid out of all his friends......

But we don't really count money when buying gifts.... with the deals we find it would be totally out of line if we got things at 75% off for one kid and ended up at only 20-30 for another. So we just buy things starting with the after Xmas sales until we know that value wise at least one kid is done. We count that child's gifts and that is how many they each get that year. Usually between 5 and 8, depending on what kinds of deals we find. Stocking gifts are not always the same though. Only DS7 still believes so the others are cool with it but would still get their feelings hurt if someone had more than them.

Of course we do try to make sure they each have 3-4 good size (according to value) gifts but have never put a dollar figure on them. One year 5 gifts each was it (smallest number ever) but that year I did figure retail value and each kid had over 400 dollars in value of gifts and I spent between 30 and 60 on each kid.

Honestly I buy way too much as most of you do lol. But I figure it's Christmas, why not make awesome memories. Lots of presents, family together, lots of food and soooo much love. I try to make it "magical." They are only young once so make it memorable IMO. We have 3 children and they usually end up with 30 or 35 gifts a piece. Santa brings "the big gifts" so maybe santa brings around 10. My kids are 16, 14, and 9. I am sure the older two know the secret but I am not about to tell them. (they asked once long time ago and I said, "are you willing to take a chance and not believe?") lol I ramble on too much but yes, we spend too much, they get too much but I have no regrets. Can't wait until Christmas morning now!!!

Santa brings me one or two now. :cheesy:

When I was a child he would bring three plus one for me to donate to an organization that gave the items to a woman's shelter. (In case they had to bring children with them when they went to the shelter for safety.)

Hubby and I plan to continue with that if we are blessed with children.

Santa brings the one BIG thing and It's not wrapped...It's the first thing the kids see.

Exactly... I couldn't stand not to have gifts under the tree beforehand. Also, the more there are, the higher the risk of them getting found.

Santa has brought more than one, if it's an accessory thing. Last year was a bow and a archery block, or a gamecube and games.

Santa brings the big things, that varies by year. Now that my 2 boys are older (10 and 14 by Christmas), the number of things has dwindled... I used to leave all of Santa's things unwrapped (elves don't have time to wrap presents now with all the children in the world), but now I'm starting to wrap them as they are not as big (well this year anyway--they want Zune--last 2 years have been computers and game systems...). Mom and Dad usually give little things and clothes. "Santa" still does their stockings but he no longer does hubbies and mine -we do each others. I want surprises too!!!