When do you start decorating for Christmas?

jarerice

I normally wait until about the 2nd weekend in December cause we get a real tree. We participate in 2 local Christmas parades which take up our first two weekends.

Every year I say I'm gonna start earlier cause I always seem to run out of time. Maybe I should start Thanksgiving weekend and just not put up the tree.

I got one of those huge blow up thingies for the yard after Christmas last year and I can't wait to put it up!

• 2 weeks later...
In recent years I have taken down Halloween decorations and put up Christmas decorations on November 1st. However, now that the kids are getting older, and have started complaining, I am going to TRY to wait until the weekend before Thanksgiving. I put up a lot of decorations outside, and decorate every room in the house so it takes alot of time and I want to enjoy it for awhile.LOL I am using alot of pumpkins and scarecrows this year that will go on through Halloween so hopefully that will help curb the urge to decrate early.

I have always waited until I came home on BF, but I am starting to think about doing it earlier this year. I am soooooooooo ready for hot chocolate, pepermint candles, and coldish weather (I live in Texas..we don't really get the whole snow thing). Oh and the clay mation kids movies...Gotta love those!! I am just a Christmas junkie, I admit it.:holiday08:holiday16:holiday08:holiday16:holiday08:holiday16

My dh said that there was someone in our town that already has their tree up and I want to but he wont let me but dds birthday is nov 17 and dh will be hunting that week so I think that its going up around then last year I had it up before her b day so I think that I'm going to keep doin that..lol.. Now I just have to wrap the few gifts that I have so that when I do get the tree up it doesn't look bare!

The last three Christmases have been very depressing for me. In 2004 my husband was in Iraq, then in 2005 my grandma died, she was like a mom to me, and my son moved out of my house just weeks before Thanksgiving last year :( He went and grew up on me... darn him! I used to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving, but I actually decorated on Christmas eve those last three years. My husband surprised me in 2005 and came home three days before christmas and he decorated that year. I hope to decorate right after thanksgiving this year though!!!

I'm hoping to start decorating inside the weekend after Thanksgiving. Outside, I don't mind waiting a bit longer. Our December bill was one of our highest bills last year even though we only had 5 strands of lights. I splurged on 90% off day last year and stocked up on LED lights (take up less electricity) but I also bought a couple small inflatables so I think the electricity savings will balance out....

The lights go up before thanksgiving on a nice day but they dont get turned on till BF,..teh tree goes up after Thanksgiving dinner towrds evening and we do nicknacks and stuff then or after we shop on BF. I like to get the tree up and start putting presents under there asap..i love the look of it all..watching the movies,..sittin with the kids!

Usually over the weekend after Thanksgiving. No particular day, just whenever it fits into our schedule. Also, it can sometimes be an ongoing thing. We might start decorating on Saturday, but not finish till Monday. Depends on how busy we are, etc.

Elena

• 2 weeks later...

I was on my way home tonight and drove by a house that was fully decked out.

They had all of their christmas lights going and a full yard to other stand up & blow up christmas decor!!!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes.

Now Ally DD3, is begging us to put ours up. I think she almost has her Daddy talked into it. I just told him that they have to be put up anyway, so why not go ahead and do it.

We do the majority on the afternoon of BF..... However hubby is on vacation the whole week, so we are staring hte week of BF.

Next week(when it is warmer) I'll take down the Halloween lights (they are not on anymore) and put up the Christmas (won't be on till last week of November)..LOL