Best Buy Black Friday Ticket System, FAQ and Sample Ticket

bigjimslade

Thanks BigJimSlade. Love ya big guy

My question: If I get a ticket at 3:00 a.m., can I leave and come pack at 9:00 a.m. to pick it up? Or will BB expect me to be in line at the opening hour?

BTW, the capital of Nebraska is Lincoln. I know all my state capitals, Jim. And if your appetite isn't satisfied yet, call me, or better yet, kick down my bedroom door!!!

Thanks,

Matt aka shoplifter

I was wondering this too. I'd love to grab a ticket and then head to a couple other places and just come back and pick up my items around 10am. Would that work??

I was wondering this too. I'd love to grab a ticket and then head to a couple other places and just come back and pick up my items around 10am. Would that work??

Welcome to the community!

I would check with your local store but most stores will hold the item until 12 noon or so. Please check with your local store and find out how they will be doing the tickets.

Good Luck!

Thanks BigJimSlade. Love ya big guy

My question: If I get a ticket at 3:00 a.m., can I leave and come pack at 9:00 a.m. to pick it up? Or will BB expect me to be in line at the opening hour?

BTW, the capital of Nebraska is Lincoln. I know all my state capitals, Jim. And if your appetite isn't satisfied yet, call me, or better yet, kick down my bedroom door!!!

Thanks,

Matt aka shoplifter

I would check with your local BB about how long they told the items once a person gets a ticket.

The only way I will kick down your door is if you play the "how to" record and get into trouble. :)

If I get a ticket at 4am, can I then make a mad dash to wait for the doors at WalMart to open at 5am and them come back later to redeem my ticket at Best Buy? :P

THANKS!

Yes, you can. Once you get your ticket, or tickets, you have until noon to pick up your product and pay. The ticket represents a product in their inventory. But if you don't pick up your product before noon, they'll sell it. Probably if you get to walmart at 4, 4:30 am, you won't get the greatest deals, but maybe that ain't what you're looking for anyway. You may also have to count on your position in line, it may take longer than 4 am to get the ticket.

I was at my local bb today (fullerton, ca) and the guy said that the ticket items have to be picked up by 9am. I asked him what time started lining up last year and he said Thursday afternoon, but after reading this it almost seems impossible that it could be that late...especially in southern california. Has anyone done it in this area?

I was at my local bb today (fullerton, ca) and the guy said that the ticket items have to be picked up by 9am. I asked him what time started lining up last year and he said Thursday afternoon, but after reading this it almost seems impossible that it could be that late...especially in southern california. Has anyone done it in this area?

I use to live in the So Cal area and lines started around 2pm Thursday. If you have any more questions please post!

According to the BB website this year the tickets expire at 9 am. To quote:

"These tickets are valid for a limited time. The products requiring a ticket must be purchased, or in your hand, by 9 a.m. This is when the remaining inventory, if available, will be released to the general public."

Do the tickets for all of the items go early? The earliest I am willing to go is midnight on Friday morning. I am hoping to get a Tom Tom, and can't imagine that it would be among the most popular things. However I could also see some idiot that doesn't want things asking for a ticket anyway, just because it's offered to him and then not using it. Is there any chance of getting a ticket for the Tom Tom if I only go 3 hours before tickets are distributed?

You have to wait in this long line with a ticket and have no chance to go around and get other items. Its best to bring another person to get the non ticket items. If you go around and get the other items and not wait in the line, you are chancing not getting that ticketed item.

So if a ticket doesn't guarantee the item what the heck is the point of tickets???

You need to pick up your ticketed item(s) by 9 am or they may sell them to someone else.

Some GottaDealers have been posting about picking up tickets at 3 am and then going off to shop in three more stores and swinging back to BB by 10 am. Those people are going to be disappointed...

In all honesty, if you show up at midnight on Thursday/Friday morning....you may be #200 in line...if you're lucky.

The tickets for the doorbuster items typically give out within the first 50 people or so.....for almost all the items. Rare is it that someone sits in line for 12+ hours for one single doorbuster item....it happens, but is rare.

The ticket gets you first dibs on the item.....and you'll get it if you pick it up the first few hours the doors are open....until 9AM this year.

Getting a ticket, heading out to WM, only to return two hours later is a sure way to lose your items......because you'll be at the end of any line you try to get into, including the "I've got a ticket for a doorbuster" line....which will stretch quite a ways in the store.

Of course, this is after you stand in the outside line until 9AM, trying to just get into the store....behind the other 500 people in front of you who never left in the first place. Having a ticket does no good if you're stuck outside the store waiting to get inside....and neither does having a ticket in your hand guarantee the ability to cut in front of everyone else who stayed in line all morning.

I am not going to go any earlier than about 11pm, so I'm pretty much ruling out Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City. I'm not waiting almost 24 hours like the other loonies. I will drive by on my way to my other store of choice just in case a miracle happens and almost no one is in line.

If I get a ticket at 4am, can I then make a mad dash to wait for the doors at WalMart to open at 5am and them come back later to redeem my ticket at Best Buy? :P

THANKS!

Keep in mind a ticket is not a contract. They do not have to keep your item until you come by to pick it up. I remember in 2005 I left and returned at 5:45 AM to find out they sold my computer. So after a lot of fighting with a Best Buy employee they gave me a better model at the Black Friday price. So you may wish to keep that in mind. However, if you can get there when the doors open, chances are you will be okay.

Honestly part of the best part of being at the front of the line is being able to get your ticket, get your stuff, and get out so you don't have to stand in the horribly long BF lines. We were in and out within about 15-20 min. or so last year. We had a plan on which order we wanted to get things in and knew where to go to pick them up. I've heard a significant amount of people gripe about how they don't like the ticket system at Best Buy; they may have had a bad experience with it but personally I love it. Their system is very organized and you don't get trampled trying to fight people for stuff.

ok i have a question. as i always miss out on the ticket items. what time would they give the tickets out? i heared sometimes the night before then i hear when the doors open. can anyone help me on this . thanks lor

Most stores will give out tickets between 3 and 4am on Friday. If you want to get a ticket you have to be inline around Thursday morning.

Do the tickets for all of the items go early? The earliest I am willing to go is midnight on Friday morning. I am hoping to get a Tom Tom, and can't imagine that it would be among the most popular things. However I could also see some idiot that doesn't want things asking for a ticket anyway, just because it's offered to him and then not using it. Is there any chance of getting a ticket for the Tom Tom if I only go 3 hours before tickets are distributed?

If you want a Tom Tom you should be inline around 11am on Thursday. GPS will be a popular item this year.

If you want a Tom Tom you should be inline around 11am on Thursday. GPS will be a popular item this year.

Yes, if all you are after is a GPS unit, I STRONGLY recommend going to a "secondary BF store" such as RadioShack, OfficeMax, Office Depot, or Staples.

I wouldn't go to Best Buy and Circuit City unless I was dropping $2,000+ and saving a ton of money. To save $100 on a GPS is not worth camping out for 20 hours (to me at least).

There are plenty of secondary stores offering GPS units at similar savings to that TomTom that BB will have:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=87388

As others have said, be prepared for disappointment if you plan on coming back hours later with your ticket. Like it or not a ticket simply isn't a guarantee if you're not there when the doors open. It would be great if it worked out like that, but it won't ;).

-Timothy

ok i have a question. as i always miss out on the ticket items. what time would they give the tickets out? i heared sometimes the night before then i hear when the doors open. can anyone help me on this . thanks lor

BB will be giving out tickets at 3am, as it says in the ad. But the line will start long before 3am, so you can't show up at 2:30 and expect to get a ticket for a doorbuster.

Keep in mind a ticket is not a contract. They do not have to keep your item until you come by to pick it up. I remember in 2005 I left and returned at 5:45 AM to find out they sold my computer. So after a lot of fighting with a Best Buy employee they gave me a better model at the Black Friday price. So you may wish to keep that in mind. However, if you can get there when the doors open, chances are you will be okay.

That is BS, they sold your computer 45min after opening? it takes that long to get through the checkout line! :no:

I may be braving BB for BF for the first time this year to get a laptop for my nephew that is in Children's Hopital right now with cancer. I live in NH. What time do you think I should get in line? Looks like it's going to be in the 20s to 30 that night. Thanks!