Do you shop for others on BF

lovebears65

Well, the past few years I've sat down with my sisters and our families after Thanksgiving dinner and gone through all the ads. Then we planned our attack. My wife works in retail so I've been the one to go out and shop as she always works BF. I actually found that I enjoy it (not so much the shopping, but watching the people go nuts in the stores and on lines.) So it's come to pass that I've helped my sisters do shopping for their kids, and last year I went out and was the DS (designated shopper) for a number of family members hitting stores that they couldn't be at. Funny, I didn't get a thing for me or do my shopping. (I had done it all on-line earlier.) I helped them with their shopping... and will probably do it again this year.

Last year there were three of us on our street that were going BF shopping. Instead of going together we split up, I took three stores, my neighbor took 2 stores and my other neighbor took the other 2 stores. We looked over the hard ads the day before, made lists and all made a trip to the ATM so everyone would have cash so we didn't have to worry about that. It worked out really great, everyone got what they wanted from each store without having to deal with trying to make it to each store before they ran out. We were just talking about it the other day and are hoping to repeat our master plan from last year, lol.

My brothers and I coordinate for Black Friday. My youngest one takes my mother down to my middle brother's house in the Orlando area and so the 2 bros are willing to hit stores down there (they like bargains too). ANd my oldest brother is in St Augustine so he will go out, not as willing to get out of bed, but his Walmart doesn't seem to get the same traffic as Jax or Orlando. And I usually pick up the presents that my MIL gives my boys so I do her shopping every year now.

I would do it if I went, however, I have stayed home the last few years due to my perfume allergies. I'm trying to figure out how to go out this year, as my oldest dd has offered to go with me. If anyone asked me because they couldn't I sure would, as I know how it is not to be able to go and have nobody to ask.