What time are you gonna get in line on BF'07?

nedsw33

How Early are You Planning to Go Out BF?  

619 members have voted

1. 1. How Early are You Planning to Go Out BF?

• After stores open
    • Just about opening time (5 AM or later opening)
    • ½ Hour before (4:30AM)
    • 1 Hour before (4 AM)
    • 2 Hours before (3 AM)
    • 3 Hours before (2 AM)
    • 4 Hours before (1 AM)
    • 5 Hours before (Midnight)
    • 6-12 Hours before (5-11 PM Thanksgiving)
    • Earlier Thanksgiving Day
    • Wednesday 11/21

Looking at the ads this year, Looks like Im sleeping in. The stores are are being cheap this year. You think with gas prices over $3.00 a gallon, and needing to sell a lung to pay for your heating bill, they would be more generous on the sales!, Unless there is something good in the T-Day ads, I think I will wait till the weeks following, to see if they drop their prices more.

At our superwalmart they are open 24 hours so no waiting outside and since I live in a rural area there are LOTS of walmarts and few people in them. well fewer then in the bigger cities. So I only get there at about 430 have done so every year and I have gotten all that i want. Now this year if they have some electronic item which is very cheap then I might get there earlier because i am on the look out for a new digital camera and a new TV for my husbands play room.

We were out last year to Best Buy at around 2 PM, and was first in line. A couple of other people showed up about 2 hours later, then it became busy. Had a great time, better than a few years ago at CompUSA. Some people rushed the door, not those waiting in line, and it became a stampede. Was thrown into shelves and crushed, had quite a few bruises.

This year, will head out at similar time, nothing is overly exciting, but our oldest daughter and her fiance' want a few items, so we'll be out for support. My list is short this year, nothing in the ads caught my eye, or budget.

This is my second time doing the shopping in DFW, my first time was two years ago and I was disappointed with only one store that I didnt make it to in time to get what I wanted. I miss doing BF in Florida, cause we nearly ALWAYS got what we wanted.

Hearing that last year ppl were already in line that early I guess I'm either not getting the one thing I want,or I need to get in line earlier. But I dont think I could do an all nighter by myself Thursday. So it looks as if I'm not going to get it then :(

Yikes. I shouldn't read these. They make me nervous. My plan is to wake up whenever on Thanksgiving Day, grab pack (crochet materials so I can make xmas presents while I wait, layers upon layers, captain's chair, thermos), drive to father's which will magically take me by my best buy of choice so I can scope things out. Then I will eat, make tea, put layers on, head out to sit in my car until a queue forms. That should be by early afternoon Turkey Day. Last year, the Best Buys in the area (northern suburbs of Chicago) had people lining up by about 6 PM. I should make top 10 (goal!), but if things go badly... a new bb just opened that I hope not that many people know about. That's the good thing about my area. Lots of best buys.

Anyone else have experience with the lines in the Chicago area? Should I go earlier? Does the fact that they're forecasting snow mean i can wait a bit?

This is my second time doing the shopping in DFW, my first time was two years ago and I was disappointed with only one store that I didnt make it to in time to get what I wanted. I miss doing BF in Florida, cause we nearly ALWAYS got what we wanted.

Hearing that last year ppl were already in line that early I guess I'm either not getting the one thing I want,or I need to get in line earlier. But I dont think I could do an all nighter by myself Thursday. So it looks as if I'm not going to get it then :(

This is my first year BF shopping in the DFW. What time did you go out last year?

Yikes. I shouldn't read these. They make me nervous. My plan is to wake up whenever on Thanksgiving Day, grab pack (crochet materials so I can make xmas presents while I wait, layers upon layers, captain's chair, thermos), drive to father's which will magically take me by my best buy of choice so I can scope things out. Then I will eat, make tea, put layers on, head out to sit in my car until a queue forms. That should be by early afternoon Turkey Day. Last year, the Best Buys in the area (northern suburbs of Chicago) had people lining up by about 6 PM. I should make top 10 (goal!), but if things go badly... a new bb just opened that I hope not that many people know about. That's the good thing about my area. Lots of best buys.

Anyone else have experience with the lines in the Chicago area? Should I go earlier? Does the fact that they're forecasting snow mean i can wait a bit?

ditto

Welcome to community!

VERY late! I would say around noon Thursday.

Thanks, I've actually been here for like a month =] and this is my first greeting... LOL =] But anyways, Noon?! thats really early. I'll just check the lines after dinner, and maybe a couple times before dinner =] haha! thanks for the tip.