What do you think the hot toys will be this Christmas? (merged)

OK, after seeing what I've seen, I have to agree that it looks like Planet Heroes will be very popular this season...just saw them in Target on Saturday for the first time, and bought ds Ace...they had every character available, some of them there were more than one. Well ds gave up his binkies, so we let him "buy" a toy with them, and so we went to get Rings from Planet Heroes...luckily, they still had him, but out of the 11 characters available, there were only six different ones left! And this is only THREE DAYS after I first saw them!! Thankfully I got ds Ace when I saw them, since there were no more of him left!

I think these will be hot for sure:

Ty Girlz - They are Dolls with Codes like Webkinz - very addicting - early retirements and rare oddities & good marketing will cause a demand as well.

Fisher Price Digital Camera - new & improved!!

Fisher Price Smart Cycle

Fur Real parrot

Those are a few of my pics!

I have never heard of the Ty Girlz. Where do you find them?

My DD got her first Webkinz in the early part of summer and just loves it, I like that it seems to be a safe site for her to be on. I hoping that these Ty Girlz will be the same way.

Thanks for any info you can share with me!

Does anyone think that Amazon will do what they did last year where you could vote on what you wanted and get it at a cheaper price if you are picked? I only voted once last year and didn't get picked to buy it. If I remember right they had some of the "hot" items up for sale with that promotion. I did enjoy watching what would come up next though.

My son and all of his friends can't wait for Guitar Hero 3 to come out. It's going to be offered for the Wii this time around so I strongly suggest putting a deposit on it now at Gamestop cuz they're gonna be hard to find before Xmas.

My daughter is High School Musical and Hannah Montana crazy so ANYTHING with those will prolly work for her. Right now she wants the Hannah wig we saw at Target and the Hannah microphone we saw at Walmart last week. Walmart is HSM central and she's already told me she wants a HSM birthday cake for her b-day in October (that I've only found at Walmart). :) I just hope they have the HSM stuff go on sale at some point before Christmas, that stuff is expensive!

My daughter is High School Musical and Hannah Montana crazy so ANYTHING with those will prolly work for her. Right now she wants the Hannah wig we saw at Target and the Hannah microphone we saw at Walmart last week. Walmart is HSM central and she's already told me she wants a HSM birthday cake for her b-day in October (that I've only found at Walmart). :) I just hope they have the HSM stuff go on sale at some point before Christmas, that stuff is expensive!

I agree. We just celebrated my 6 year old b-day this week and everything had to be HSM. Even the gift bag sang "We're all in this together" its crazy!! The gift bag singing!! She loved everything though. We are now on HSM2 count down. Tomorrow (Friday) is going to be unbearable for the boys in this family.

I agree. We just celebrated my 6 year old b-day this week and everything had to be HSM. Even the gift bag sang "We're all in this together" its crazy!! The gift bag singing!! She loved everything though. We are now on HSM2 count down. Tomorrow (Friday) is going to be unbearable for the boys in this family.

Now that HSM2 has premiered, she's even more HSM crazed. LOL Be warned, there's already talks about making a 3rd movie in the series and that it will be released for movie theaters instead of Disney channel. :eek:

HSM is so popular that there are items in DS7 fundraiser from school for it. I remember a shirt and a blanket (throw) being in the book. There was something else but I can't remember what it is right now. Even my ds7 likes to watch it. Of course he'd probably shoot me if he knew I told people that. He also likes Hannah Montana. I have to admit I like that show too. It's better than watching SpongeBob all day.

I also agree with you.. High school musical is #1 on my daughters list. She just bought the high musical game for her DS with her birthday money. She luvs it.. For those who have nintendo wii the HSM game with micro. is on pre order. It come out in Nov. I have pre ordered to hold it for x-mas. I'm sure is going to be a out sold item..

Just a heads up on the cookie monster preorders at Target: I got an email from them today saying that my shipment is delayed until 10-29. I'm supposed to update my order & accept or cancel by 9-28. I haven't decided, but I don't believe I'm the only one that got that email.

Kristy

I just got a pre-order for TMX Ernie and TMX Cookie Monster. Will there be another TMX frenzy? By the way Target has them on there site for pre order too $34.99 coming out September 11th.

The ernie and cookie monster versions usually do not sell as well as Elmo. However, anything is possible after the fiasco that was last year. Insanity seems to be contagious. Thank goodness my son is 9!

• 2 weeks later...

Butterscotch is on my daughters list this year. There is a new 'version' coming out called Smores. I showed it to my dd - but she prefers Butterscotch!

We saw the Fur Real Friends Parrot in Walmart a few weeks ago and it scared my youngest daughter! Poor thing was screaming and my oldest said, "We don't need that"! LOL!

I have thought about getting them the fisher price smart cycle as a joint gift, maybe. But I'm not sure if we need something else like that. We have a VSmile system and lots of games - and they rarely play it.

Last year we had a TMX Elmo under our tree - and I paid $34.99 for it. I should have put that one on eBay too!!! The kids haven't played with it since Christmas! LOL! It just sits in the playroom on a shelf!

~ Erin (24y/o SAHM to 3 cuties ages 4 and under...... plus one more on the way due May 7, 2008)

I personally want the WII, that thing is awesome. :) The only two things my son wants are Nitendo Ds w/ Nitendogs game and heelies....anybody with info on where I can get them cheap let me know.

And a little off the subject, a friend of mine heard they are doing a secret shopper type thing for people to buy toys and have them lead tested to be sure. She said Toys'R'Us is participating in this. Hope she's right! :)