best deal on eyeglass script w/OUT buying new frames

groovygal

hi!

i'm new to the board and am hoping i'm posting this in the right area!?

looking to have just my dh's glasses script updated but we do NOT want

to buy new frames. ;)

only have found deals in b&m for script and if we buy new frames... :mad:

HELP!

Try posting this in Deal Finder section or maybe one of the mods can move it. Just an observation but you may have difficulty getting a new script in old frames unless you go to the same store where you originally bought the frames at least thats what they told me when I got my dd new glasses.

the glasses update are for my husband. ;)

we bought his frames and had the script done at our local bj's. so i guess we'll just go back there and have his new lenses put in his original frames.

cemea, do you know how much the service fee is they charge?

it's so nutty that when you have perfectly good frames you like, that you can't just reuse them with a new script!!!!!! :cheesy: ugh!!!!! :eyepoppin

I don't recall the charge at BJ's, just call they will tell you. I have the same frames for about 5 years. They are perfectly fine, I like them. I have had them changed twice with a new script. The last time at Costco. I believe they charged me $40.00 to reuse.

I've put new prescription lenses into my sunglasses frame... at least twice.. I had to pay for the lens, but no service fee. Why would I pay to be able to use something I already own? That's insane.

I went to some chain places... In different states. Call around, see what they tell you. If the frames are a standard size, it should not be a problem