Black Friday Are You Ready? / Countdown

queenki

I am ready for this hot weather to be gone and fall to be here. I get excited when I start seeing Christmas cards and other things come out early. I can shop all day on BF and not get a thing for anyone but me.:g_dance:

omg Hobby Lobby already has their Fall & Christmas items out! They have lights, ornaments, garland, etc. I was shocked! It's only July!!!

i thought about this the other day. i was actually sitting here wondering if anyone is ready for BF and xmas and if anyone else shops for xmas all year round, lol.

I'm with you on the shopping year round. We have 5 children and 1 grandchild (2 by Christmas this year). It all started when they were little because it was the only way to make sure they got nice gifts like their friends but on our budget. Now I Christmas and birthday shop year round. We do draw names at Christmas with DH family but that still leaves us with 4 kids gifts to buy and then we do go to all of our neices and nephews birthday parties so if we buy it for Christmas and don't draw their name, there is always a birthday coming from someone.

I have one closet dedicated to good deals and nothing else is allowed in there except wrapping paper and gift bags! Glad it's not just me!!!!

Aww man! I hope they don't bail out on us this year. :(

Me too, I already have envelopes ready. :D

I've already requested that day off at work too!

Same here. People at work laugh at me because of my priority of the days I request off for vacation. You can count on me to be on vacation the first week of July for the race in Daytona, and BF. The rest of the year I really don't care about. This year I also requested the day after Christmas, only because we're closed Christmas, I was scheduled the 26th, then off 27th and 28th. So it'll be a 4 day weekend for me. :D

I have been checking in once or so a week to see any news on Black Friday.. so glad I am not alone with my love of BF! Also, been wondering about McD's Monopoly/Best Buy! I hope they do it again this year!

Me to I have been stock piling stamps. I plan to go all out this year writing McDonalds so they better do it. Hey maybe if BB doesn't do te bucks someone else will like CC

I am soooooo ready for BF! I have stockpiled up on a lot of gifts already that I have found on sale for the in-laws and friends. I mostly shop for my family on BF. I will gather them up, request the christmas wish list, then hit the sales flyers to plan out my route for shopping. The route is planned according to what items are a "must" have and the times that certain stores open. My family thinks I am a WACKO about shopping on BF, but I can't help myself. :D And for those who can not make it out on BF, remember there is always Cyber Monday. Cyber monday seems to be getting better each year and usually there is free shipping for most products on this day.

When I took this job, on of my questions for my employer was Is Black Friday a paid holiday. She said do you want it to be and I said yes so she agreed!! Since going back to work full time I am feeling shopping deprived!! I have been putting money away for BF though and I am not touching it till then.

i am just enjoying the summer right now. i have started putting my gc away though. I will probably be done by then or pretty close so I am doing my sisters shopping this year..she HATES to shop. once the cold weather starts to hit that is all I will be able to think about! bf is my favorite sport!!!

i am just enjoying the summer right now. i have started putting my gc away though. I will probably be done by then or pretty close so I am doing my sisters shopping this year..she HATES to shop. once the cold weather starts to hit that is all I will be able to think about! bf is my favorite sport!!![/QUOTE]

bf is your favorite sport!!! LOL, love it! glad yous guys are with me.... dh thinks i am nuts.

it totally is! you have your playbook (binder), your stratagy, your team all with assigned positions...sometimes even an accross the field throw if a cabbage patch or 2! and of course your uniform and protective gear (hand and feet warmers) I just have to remember to take off on Saturday because I always have this migraine when the adrenaline wears off!

I feel the same way, living in Hawaii. We may get some or similar deals on bf, but the prices are usually different.

I'm kinda torn on BF this year. Since we moved to Alaska, I know we're not going to get the same great deals y'all get in the lower 48. But, I suppose any good deal is better than no deal at all!

I heard from another site that Mcdonalds is taking the lead on the BBB game this year, but of course no one knows for sure. I called Mcdonalds Corp. and asked if they had an idea when the game would start(hoping they'd give me details) and the young lady put me on hold and came back and said her supervisor said it's a little too early, but there will be a game and the date is up in the air for now.

BF is MY DAY! I buy for others all year long and stockpile it. The BF deals are for me! Maybe a little selfish but I don't care,

I like that idea, My birthday falls on BF this year and I think I will do the same. Its all about me!:g_dance:

4 months!

From and including: Monday, July 23, 2007

To, but not including : Friday, November 23, 2007

It is 123 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 4 months excluding the end date

Alternative time units

123 days can be converted to one of these units:

* 10,627,200 seconds

* 177,120 minutes

* 2952 hours

* 17 weeks (rounded down)

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=7&d1=23&y1=2007&m2=11&d2=23&y2=2007

From and including: Monday, July 23, 2007

To, but not including : Friday, November 23, 2007

It is 123 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 4 months excluding the end date

Alternative time units

123 days can be converted to one of these units:

* 10,627,200 seconds

* 177,120 minutes

* 2952 hours

* 17 weeks (rounded down)

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=7&d1=23&y1=2007&m2=11&d2=23&y2=2007

Seems so long to go.

I can't wait either. I started shopping over the summer I went to bath and body works and I got so much stuff and my total was 189.00 and I was like OMG I have to put somethings back and then she hit total and it was only $37.45 I was so excited!

I'm buying a pda, so I hope the sd cards are dirt cheap again this year..... I'm hoping they are the 4 gb ones though...

AND.... I'm hoping office depot has a clearance page again around the Christmas/BF time... I remember last Christmas those crank up flashlights and radios were a hit among the menfolk... :-)