ilo 32" Widescreen LCD HDTV w/ Built-in Digital ATSC/NTSC Tuner - $498.00 @ Wal-Mart

Brad

I hate to ask questions that have been asked before, but for the people who have bought these, or researched these a bit, what is the performance like? My folks are looking for a replacement for their 1987 (yes.... 20 year old) GE 25", and my mom has a 'high end' of $500 for it's replacement. They're obviously no-frills type folks, but just care about something working right. Thumbs up or Thumbs down on Ilo?

I was just considering buying an Ilo and researched them and didnt find many positive reviews. People didnt like the service and the tvs went bad after a year. Walmart has a 32 inch lcd with basically the same specs made by Emerson for $500 in store everyday. Or pay the extra $100 and get the Vizio which is a way better brand.

I have the 42 in ilo plasma and I have been very happy with it. Now that I have an hd cable box I can tell a huge difference in the picture.

I did notice the other night at our Walmart that they have absolutely no ilo tvs on the shelves. I'm not sure if they aren't going to carry them anymore of what.

I seen the Emerson and the Vizio while I was there. I was surprised by the Emerson's picture... it looks pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

We have had a 26" lcd ILO for a year and a half with no problems.

HD looks great and lots of inputs. It was hard to find a universal remote that would control, but the new Tivo series 3 remote can learn the codes.

Does this model do QAM? I've seen lots of dvd recorders listing Digital Tuner and ATSC tuner, and reviews say that they also do QAM.