Rag Shop

nannymouse

Rags Shops is a crafting/sewing store here in NJ not sure of other states edited to add: according to signage - 70 percent off patterns, 50 percent off mirrors and most everything else is 20 percent off as of yesterday afternoon.

This was in today's Palm Beach Post

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/business/epaper/2007/06/19/0618ragshops.html

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Rag Shops Inc. is going under.

The 61-store chain is selling off its inventory of scrapbooks, beads, sewing notions and art supplies after its Boca Raton-based parent company pulled the plug on the crafts retailer with a bankruptcy court filing.

All but two of its Florida outlets are in South Florida; six are in Palm Beach County.

Last week, a U.S. Bankruptcy Court judge greenlighted the sale by parent company Crafts Retail Holding Inc.

Local stores immediately advertised going-out-of-business sales, with merchandise initially cut by 20 percent or more.

Crafts Retail Holding Inc. is an affiliate of Boca Raton's Sun Capital Partners Inc., a private equity firm which bought Rag Shops in 2004.

I like the Rag Shop. Much closer to me than Michaels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just an FYI - stopped by Freehold NJ Rag Shop today -signs saying final 3 days of sale. Browsed around actually found signage of upto 50% off shelf tags ....the store is pretty wiped out though the smallest percentages were on bridal section-still quite a bit there and some wicker items. The line was pretty long so I didn't bother to purchase the 3 items I had selected.