30% off Kohls Charge Card Customers

averageguy

Guest RealLivePrinces

I wonder if I can use that in the store?

Only if you have the coupon. :) Otherwise, we have scratch cards at each register, good luck!

Guest RealLivePrinces

told the clerks the code and told them how the flyer doesn't say to bring it with you and it doesn't have a code to scan.

... and that the code was online and not one in your mail?

Ack, I wish the clerk hadn't done that. That sets up expectation, and I am in no mood to be flagged on an LP report for giving a large discount with no proof they should've gotten it.

... and that the code was online and not one in your mail?

Ack, I wish the clerk hadn't done that. That sets up expectation, and I am in no mood to be flagged on an LP report for giving a large discount with no proof they should've gotten it.

Would someone have taken my flyer? I doubt it. If I would have used it online instead what would have been the difference? The 15% off cards in the stores are misleading, they give you a scratchoff knowing that they ALL say 15%. I believe that is fraud.

Would someone have taken my flyer? I doubt it. If I would have used it online instead what would have been the difference? The 15% off cards in the stores are misleading, they give you a scratchoff knowing that they ALL say 15%. I believe that is fraud.

Every scratch card I've every gotten in the store has been 15% off! I have to come here for all the real deals!! :yup:

Every scratch card I've every gotten in the store has been 15% off! I have to come here for all the real deals!! :yup:

Same here, I was floored when my mailer actually had a 20% off code. I spend a lot of money there and that's the best they can do? Since it's been posted here that the clerks have the authority to give a discount when THEY want to, why just leave it up to them. The clerk yesterday must realize that without customers, they don't have a job in the first place. If the companies would just lower the prices in the first place there wouldn't be any games to play to get discounts and such.

Guest RealLivePrinces

The scratch cards are not all 15%. It's very exciting for everyone when a customer gets that mythic 20% or 30% (people in line usually applaud, lol). It doesn't happen often - but it does happen.

My job is to help customers... but it's also to make sure the company secures a profit so it can, you know, keep me employed and stay open!

I think the store should offer the 30% to any MVP customer Savings should be based on $$ spent. Bonton does this - once you reach Platnuim status they give you extra savings!

I tried to let people know I have gotten the 30% offs. But If I don't have 30 I will not buy anything.

Guest RealLivePrinces
Yeah, but sometimes the MVPs charge $2 merchandise. I could see doing 30% on all MVP purchases above $100 during the promotion.

Yeah, but sometimes the MVPs charge $2 merchandise. I could see doing 30% on all MVP purchases above $100 during the promotion.

I disagree. If you have someone that gets to that level then they obviously spend a good deal in your store. Just because they might run in too pik up something small doesn't mean they aren't good customers.

Likely they are like me - Today alone I spent over $600. --And that is AFTER the 30%!

Guest RealLivePrinces
Not necessarily. Today I had a customer who said it was her first time in any Kohl's... and then she wrote me a check for $1.50 clearance earrings. I think it'll cost us more to take that than her!

Not necessarily. Today I had a customer who said it was her first time in any Kohl's... and then she wrote me a check for $1.50 clearance earrings. I think it'll cost us more to take that than her!

Well, she obviously wasn't an MVP if it was her first time in the store, right?

It would be nice to just pay a set price and not have to deal with all the gimmick codes, everything is always on sale at Kohl's, the regular prices are WAY overinflated!

Well, she obviously wasn't an MVP if it was her first time in the store, right?

It would be nice to just pay a set price and not have to deal with all the gimmick codes, everything is always on sale at Kohl's, the regular prices are WAY overinflated!

JCPenney's is the same, way, Lowest price of the season, Lowest price of the year and so on. Just lower the prices and be done with it. Quit trying to trick the paying customer into paying a higher price than needed.

And for the lady that it was her first time in the store, if she was treated nice she will come back. If someone complains that she didn't spend very much then she won't be back.

Guest RealLivePrinces

My point was that with little amounts, sometimes you just have to draw a line. The store has to make a profit too. The lady was quite sweet, actually, and the earrings she purchased were actually ones I'd just bought last week full price, so we had a laugh at that. Gotta find my receipt for those. But thanks for the insinuated insult there. I'm working retail by choice, I know what my job is, I usually enjoy my job, and I daresay I'm not terrible at it. Boy, some of y'all sang a different tune to me when I was dropping exclusive info during the holidays!

Kohl's does "lowest prices of the season sales" twice a year and they really are. Every now and then, you'll see a weekend flier that says "with lowest prices of the season", which usually means some items (normally jewelry shoes and housewares) have reprised those prices. But every item in the store is not on sale everyday. Especially on Mondays (our big stock/clearance marking day).

As for inflated prices... you get what you pay for. For example, our big brands, like apt9 or Chaps, are far from being cheap inhouse stuff like say, Target. They're Claiborne and Ralph Lauren, respectively. The only thing I'd called overpriced is some of the fashion jewelry, which were recently marked up. But that was the vendor, not us.