HDTV Sales

md313

When would be a good time to start looking for deals on HDTV's. Hindsight says that black Friday, Christmas, and prior to the Super Bowl were good sales, but I don't think I can wait that long. What would be the event / holiday to push units on sale? Stanley Cup?????

Just my opinion, but you can find deals every weekend. Just keep looking until something catches your eye. I bought my 50 inch Toshiba for $1699 one week at BB, the next 2 weeks it was $2499 :shock: , then it went down to $1599, which I pricematched, and I haven't seen it for less than $2000 for the last couple of weeks. Just be patient, and get what you want, don't settle. Also, buy the biggest you can afford. I was planning on getting a 42", but my wife told me to get the 50 inch ($400 more). At first I thought it was too big, but now it seems just right! Good luck!

Have you tried Costco? That's where we purchased our HDTV about a year and a half ago. We were sold on the fact that no extra warranty was necessary-if the TV breaks, even YEARS from now, Costco will take it back and either exchange it or refund it. I was shocked, and asked every manager I could find and was told the same thing. Their return policy is awesome!

Have you tried Costco? That's where we purchased out HDTV about a year and a half ago. We were sold on the fact that no extra warranty was necessary-if the TV breaks, even YEARS from now, Costco will take it back and either exchange it or refund it. I was shocked, and asked every manager I could find and was told the same thing. Their return policy is awesome!

Note: Costco is changing their return policy right now! They have been loosing $millions due to unscrupulous use of the liberal return policy. See link below.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-bz.costco01mar01,0,6428271.story?coll=bal-business-headlines

There is also a thread on this over at fat wallet, but GD won't let me paste that one or even use their name.

Note: Costco is changing their return policy right now! They have been loosing $millions due to unscrupulous use of the liberal return policy. See link below.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-bz.costco01mar01,0,6428271.story?coll=bal-business-headlines

There is also a thread on this over at fat wallet, but GD won't let me paste that one or even use their name.

Well, I just called Costco, and fortunately, the new policy only affects purchases made after March 12, 2007. If my HDTV should have a problem I am able to return it.

Thanks for the info.