Vizio???

zooskoo

Sams Club has a new "repaired" 42" Vizio HD LCD tv for $768. I'm very tempted due to the price. I'm looking for something for a bedroom, so don't need surround sound, etc. I will want to connect my dvd, dvr, and satellite to it. Does anyone have any experience with Vizio? The person working there told me it most likely was returned because someone did not know how to hook it up, so they send it out to have it checked and then have to sell at a reduced cost. Not quite sure I bought that one!

Coincidentally, I work at Sam's Club and Vizios are really popular. I did research on them and they're gotten excellent reviews. They use some Sony components and if you buy it from Sam's, you can return it if it ever goes bad (as long as you keep your receipt).

I have a 46" Vizio LCD and it's been great.

Hope that helps

We have a 52 in Vizio we bought from sam's club and I think it's great. For the price they are excellent TV's. When we were shopping we were planning on a samsung till we saw the Vizio next to it and the picture quality looked so much alike, but the price difference is what sold us. I say go for it!

• 6 months later...
I'm looking for an update on the quality/reliability of the Vizio brand LCD TV's...everyone still loving them so far? We're looking at the 32" Vizio LCD as our tube TV is starting to die a slow and painful death. I'd appreciate any comments on this brand. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your responses!

We are looking to replace our main living room/family TV, but don't need surround or anything fancy. Just wanted to go w/flat LCD to avoid glare from the over abundance of light that streams into the room. I've read lots of great things/reviews on the Vizio, but most are only owned a few days to a few weeks when people post their reviews. So, I was hoping as some time has passed to get some additional feedback and make sure everyone is still happy with the quality, no major issues, etc.

I heard that if you buy them from Sears that the sets are made in America and not somewhere else. This coming from the sales rep that I had talked to when I went by and looked at them. They (sales rep) said that the way to know if they are made is USA or not is to look for the white cabinet on the back of the TV---anyone know if this is true??

I have a Vizio in my family room & love it. It's got a Ps3, Wii & surround sound hooked up. It looks & sounds great. Changing my PS3 over to HDMI took a little work, but no biggie. Now I just need a deal to upgrade my satelite DVR receiver. I am already a directv customer, so I haven't found any deals. If anyone knows how I can get an HD/ DVR receiver from them for under $299 I'd be greatful:)

Kristy

I have a Vizio in my family room & love it. It's got a Ps3, Wii & surround sound hooked up. It looks & sounds great. Changing my PS3 over to HDMI took a little work, but no biggie. Now I just need a deal to upgrade my satelite DVR receiver. I am already a directv customer, so I haven't found any deals. If anyone knows how I can get an HD/ DVR receiver from them for under $299 I'd be greatful:)

Kristy

If you can't find a deal or by talking with them and they still won't get ya a deal----I was able to spead the payments over 3 month billing cycle...that may be something that you could also use. Just a thought---good luck---I think that when you get it you're gonna love it!!

first, we LOVE our vizio tv. It is our main tv in the living room. It sounds great and has a super picture!! We bought ours at Sams.

Second...the dvr question. I am a dish subscriber and wanted to upgrade they said no no no...I kept calling etc....then told them I was going to cancel and go with Direct, the next thing I know I am getting my dvr and only had to pay 19$!! Keep trying...also ask how often you can do upgrades. Dish told me I can request an upgrade again in 6 mos.

We've been doing some research on what brand to buy. We were looking at Vizio for awhile but decided not to. Most people "in the know" who work at big screen stores (not best buy etc.) will tell you that Vizio isn't terrible quality for the money but all in all they are made pretty cheap and won't last. You're picture quality is going to be pretty lousy in about a year. So we've decided to wait a little longer a until we're ready to pluck down the big $$ for a bravio or an aquos :(

• 3 weeks later...