looking for a deal on a swing set!

These things are always selling used in the local classifieds. Kids grow up, people move, etc. and people will practically give them away if you are able to go and take it apart to move it. I know several people that saved a lot of money doing this. If you are handy you may want to check it out.

These things are always selling used in the local classifieds. Kids grow up, people move, etc. and people will practically give them away if you are able to go and take it apart to move it. I know several people that saved a lot of money doing this. If you are handy you may want to check it out.

A friend of mine got a really nice wooden set for free because the people were moving and didn't want to mess with it.

I drove past one yesterday in perfect condition. They had it out for trash or free pickup. They also had sandbox stuff and all kinds of things. I would check out free cycle. Put a wanted ad on there. Usually someone will realize they have one and don't really need it and offer it to you.

I lucked out at Toys R Us a few weeks ago. They were putting up the ads for the new spring outdoor equipment on a wall in the front of the store, but they still had the display in the back of the store near the bikes with last year's stuff. Almost everything was sold out, but I got a nice Kettler metal swingset for $50. (It was on the very bottom of the display board, so maybe that was why there was one left.) I thought that was a steal. I posted on the offline deals forum about it, but I don't think anyone else has been able to find one. You may want to keep an eye out though just in case. Good luck!

I saw a really cool set at Costco, rockwall, clubhouse, swings, slide, etc. It was a little pricey, but very cool. The kids would love it.

Tried to talk my DH into getting it... but he says our boys (5,7&11) are too old.

:( hohum.

I think Sam's Club has the same set. It was $1,199.00! :eyepoppin

I think Sam's Club has the same set. It was $1,199.00! :eyepoppin

We paid that much for our wooden swing set from Menards. It has the clubhouse, sandbox under that along with a half table to one side, 2 swings, 1 set of rings, monkeybars, and the circle slide that turns into a waterslide. One looks at so many and Menards had the best price, One place quoted $10,000 for the same thing we have now with a couple other options.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is still looking for a wooden set.. http://www.littletikes.com/toys/toys-detail.aspx?Product_ID=3512&CMP=022707_NL_playcenter451s

Endless Adventures™ Playcenter Playground OUR PRICE: $899.99 (U.S.)

SALES PRICE: (11% off] $799.99 (U.S.)

SHIPPING/HANDLING: Estimate Cost

OVERSIZE SHIP CHARGE: $140.00

AVAILABILITY: Usually ships within 3 business days

AGES: 3 to 10 years

They say the 1st 100 orders get $100 off.. I"m not too sure if thats included in the sale price or not, but its worth checking into.

:)

I went to my neighbors who had one I liked and asked them about it...a few days later they offered it to me for $100 and moved it down the street and set it up. They weren't using it anymore and me asking gave them an opportunity to get rid of it. When I moved 2yrs later I sold it on Ebay for over $200 and they came and took it apart and took it away :) I say ask around your neighborhood if anyone has one they'd like to get rid of!