Creative Zen Vision:M 60GB Digital Multimedia Device - $276.93 Shipped @ Buy.com

Brad

Can anyone explain why the price of these things keep rising? Before Xmas the 30bg version was under $200. Shouldn't the price of electronics generally fall?

That seems to be the case every year - prices were really low before Christmas (also Buy.com had the $10/$20 off Google Checkout discounts) to get people spending, and then prices went back up. Same thing is happening with HDTVs right now as well to a similar extent.

With the CES convention just over, we'll be seeing a lot of new models in the next 2-3 months, so if you can wait, you might save yourself some money once the current models start going on clearance.

Stupid Question

What is the differance between these and Ipod. Besides the name.

A girl in my class last night had a Zen and it had a radio, you could look at pictures

I think they do the same thing. I purchased the 30GB Zen vision M for $179 after using the $20 off with google checkout before Xmas. The Zen has a built in radio, plays movies/videos, displays pictures, but I'm sure you can find an ipod that does the same thing(maybe not with the built in radio) for more money.

I think they do the same thing. I purchased the 30GB Zen vision M for $179 after using the $20 off with google checkout before Xmas. The Zen has a built in radio, plays movies/videos, displays pictures, but I'm sure you can find an ipod that does the same thing(maybe not with the built in radio) for more money.

I just bit on a 30gb version at Frys.com for $170 after a $50 rebate just last week. In general, you can find an iPod that does most of what the Zen can do, but you usually pay a higher premium because of the trendy name.

I actually started typing out a list of pros/cons for each, but there are literally hundreds (thousands?) of articles and opinions on the web comparing the Zen Vision: M to a video iPod. Just Google "Zen Vision M vs. iPod" and you'll see a lot of opinions.

In my OPINION, the Zen Vision: M technically blows the Video iPod out of the water. The only possible reason I would have considered going with anything else would be if I wanted a flash-based player for cardio workouts (in which case I would have gotten a Zen: V) or if I wanted one of the 1000s of accessories that companies make only for the iPod (because they have a large installed user-base).

CK

Thanks for that wonderful info. That's kind of what I thought, but wasn't sure. You always pay a premium for the "name".

I remember back around 89ish. Game Boy did all the advertising even though their product was so inferior to Sega Game Gear. Game Boy was bad graphics and black and white. Where Sega Game Gear was a little bigger but had fabulous graphics and was in color. But Game Boy won the war because of advertising, and it was the "in " thing to buy.

I still have mine. :)

I just bit on a 30gb version at Frys.com for $170 after a $50 rebate just last week. In general, you can find an iPod that does most of what the Zen can do, but you usually pay a higher premium because of the trendy name.

I actually started typing out a list of pros/cons for each, but there are literally hundreds (thousands?) of articles and opinions on the web comparing the Zen Vision: M to a video iPod. Just Google "Zen Vision M vs. iPod" and you'll see a lot of opinions.

In my OPINION, the Zen Vision: M technically blows the Video iPod out of the water. The only possible reason I would have considered going with anything else would be if I wanted a flash-based player for cardio workouts (in which case I would have gotten a Zen: V) or if I wanted one of the 1000s of accessories that companies make only for the iPod (because they have a large installed user-base).

CK

How did you get the rebate?