Looking for a laptop

DaveL

Ok...I am looking for a reasonably priced laptop that I can connect wirelessly with, play some basic games, maybe watch a DVD, and thats about it. I don't want to spend more the $700. Any ideas where I should look? Should I buy at B&M or online?

Thanks,

frys.com has this as well as Fry's B&M if you have them. HP DV6110 $699.99 after $50 rebate. So $749.99 out the door. I know it's at the top of your budget, but I think it's a good deal.

AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology

Super Multi 8X DVD?R/RW with Double Layer Support

15.4" WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) Display

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA) with up to 128MB (shared)

1024MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

100GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)

802.11b/g WLAN

Microsoft ® Windows ® XP Media Center Edition

Windows ® Vista VistaTM TM Premium Ready PC

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/5008345;jsessionid=q9vFLvIf7sHjngKZkFBiRA**.node3?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

That'll play City of Villans & run vent. I don't know exactly what you meant by "games". My son has the Compaq version & paid $50 more for it a week ago.

Kristy

Guest flashover30
I have a tip for you to try, if you have a rent to own store near you like Rentway go in and ask them if they have any laptops for cash sale, if they do like some stores around here you can get they slightly used but realy cheap. The most i've paid for a laptop is 300.00, My brother runs a rentway store and they cash sell there used laptops just to get them off there inventory. It works that way for almost everything they sell in there store. people would come in and rent something for 6-8 months and Rentway would get newer models of something and they come back and rent the newer model, and return the older things, such as laptops, big screen tv and even PS2 and x-Boxes. i hope this gives you another place to look for a cheap laptop

• 2 weeks later...