I need help with Baby gift...

amshal3

One more great idea that someone done for me was to buy a pack of disposable cameras at Sam's and in the card told me to use them to take a picture everyday. They change so fast and it is a great keepsake and after you get them developed you see how fast they grow and change in just the first few months. Great reminder of your precious little blessing!

My favorite (and best received) baby gifts have been scrapbooks and "take out" gift certificates--it's huge to have a free meal that can be picked up.

I have to agree with you on the "take out" gift certificates. It was such a big help when people made us a meal or gave us gift cards for take out.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to thank everyone for your help. :gdclap: I made 2 cakes. I didn't think that I could be that crafty, but it came out nice. The girls loved it. Then to my co-worker I gave her a gift cert. to a rest. by her house and a couple outfit from target that were on clearance. The best part to all of this I didn't go over my budget.:2elephant THANK YOU...

How about the things you normally have to go out and buy yourself when you have a baby, like Mylicon drops & Infant Tylenol.

I also have appreciated when people gave me bigger sizes in clothes (like 6-9 months or 12-18 months for the next year). It's nice to have some new outfits when your baby quickly outgrows the 100 newborn outfits that you have!

And I have to agree with diapers, but larger sizes are good for those too. (My last baby was 8lbs. 14 oz, so we skipped over the newborn diapers and 0-3 months clothes!)

i agree- everyone buys clothing- i had so much clothign i couldn't even get her to wear it all. i really appreciated the practical things- diapers, butt paste, tylenol. i also loved the things for later in the year- sippy cups, snack cups, child plates, infant spoons. kind of helped divide out the heavy costs instead of having all the savings up front.

besides the socks, i also get snack cups and washclothes at my dollar store- i think that they are the best suddsing (is that a word) of them all

I buy a basket at the dollar store and line it with baby washcloths, towels, blanket, or burp cloths. Then I filled it with little handy things like:

scented disposable diaper bags (I LOVED these. Wal-Mart carried them, manufactured by Sassy I believe)

Huggies disposable changing pads & wash wipes

diaper ointment

trial sized baby shampoo, powder, bath wash, etc.

baby coupons

infant tylenol, gas drops

baby socks, bibs, onsies, etc.

If the basket has a handle, I buy the little dangly toys that you attach to the car seat handles or pacifier holders and hang them from the basket handle. Once you put everything together, it makes a really cute display and no need to wrap it!