Save $$ on your next Disney vacation....

rabx5

How did you do that?

I mean where do you look to find houses/condos to rent

you can find lots of houses on vrbo.com, we usually book a house every year, with your own private swimming pool, much better than staying in a hotel room!

Ok. This is how cheap we are! I rented a condo for 5 nights including 2 disney tickets for $115 but in return for this great deal, we need to attend a 90 minute timeshare presentation. I said to my husband - who cares! We can say no, and believe me I will say no and the resort is absolutely beautiful so for 5 nights - I think we can spare a couple hours. The disney tickets alone cost more than 115!:)

you can find lots of houses on vrbo.com, we usually book a house every year, with your own private swimming pool, much better than staying in a hotel room!

We are looking at VRBO for this Fall. We have rented from VRBO for several years and have always had great customer service and have never been disappointed with our condos, etc. They are normally not the "cracker box" condos you get from rental companies (I never rent w/out photos). With 2 boys we cannot stay in a hotel room without a fridge, etc. The house will come in handy - not to mention the private pool.

The several times we have gone to Orlando we have rented townhomes and been extremely pleased with it. We have always found great deals for $100 to $120 a night, we went over abit to the next town but stayed in the Regal Palms Resort (about 20 miles away from Disney) which has a small river rafting type pool and enjoyed it. I would recommend it to anyone staying more than several days, food will eat you alive and in all these places you can shop (grocery stores all over) and have food in house. There are plenty of places that deliver too. The closer you stay to Disney, you could even come back for a couple hours to have lunch and a swim and go back to the park until closing, great for those with toddlers. All you have to really type in your search is vacation homes in Orlando and you will get a boat load. If we were going to stay for an extended period I would do what another person mention and get in on the "tours" 90-min presentation and usually get really cheap condo/townhouse/house with some tickets for an amazing price

Ok. This is how cheap we are! I rented a condo for 5 nights including 2 disney tickets for $115 but in return for this great deal, we need to attend a 90 minute timeshare presentation. I said to my husband - who cares! We can say no, and believe me I will say no and the resort is absolutely beautiful so for 5 nights - I think we can spare a couple hours. The disney tickets alone cost more than 115!:)

which company did you use for this deal? more info please!

Last time we were there, someone in line was talking about the awesome deal she got using this http://www.headfororlando.com/ I've never used it but she was so complimentary that I had to ask her where she got the deal. I made a note to check it out before our next trip. Might be worth a comparison for some of you folks renting condo/houses in the area.:gdbouquet1:

which company did you use for this deal? more info please!

Hi. There are 2 company's that looked good to me and had great feedback. The first was Carsontravel (vacation 4 less) and the other was Big Dog Vacations. This works for us because we aren't push overs and will not buy the timeshare. I don't mind giving up a few hours to get a deal like this! :)

My travel agent just got me a room only deal at All Star Sports checking in on May 29th for 11 nights.. total with tax $807! :D I usually wait for the Annual Pass or Fl Resident rates to come out, but this time I did not have to!!! That rate she got me comes to $73.45 per night. 40% off the rack rate :D

She also got me Sept 13-16 for $55.13 per night with tax at Pop Century!!!!:eyepoppin:yup:

My travel agent just got me a room only deal at All Star Sports checking in on May 29th for 11 nights.. total with tax $807! :D I usually wait for the Annual Pass or Fl Resident rates to come out, but this time I did not have to!!! That rate she got me comes to $73.45 per night. 40% off the rack rate :D

She also got me Sept 13-16 for $55.13 per night with tax at Pop Century!!!!:eyepoppin:yup:

That is awesome. We won't even talk about the rate I just booked AKL at. :sidesplit

Im so glad I seen this thread. I would much rather pay less to stay in a house with 5 bedrooms than pay more to stay in a hotel with 2 rooms. VRBO has so many and its SO hard to choose! Im checking out headfororlando.com now, are there any other suggestions?

Hi. There are 2 company's that looked good to me and had great feedback. The first was Carsontravel (vacation 4 less) and the other was Big Dog Vacations. This works for us because we aren't push overs and will not buy the timeshare. I don't mind giving up a few hours to get a deal like this! :)

This account has been suspended is what i get when i go to carsotravel and vacation4less

for 7 night stays you can try Skyauction.com I have used them several times & have gotten really great deals on 2 & 3 bedroom condos for as low as $200 for the week... if you have never used Skyauction, just read everything carefully, most of the auctions add on $195 tax & service fee. They clearly state it. I have lucked out & gotten some without that :D They aren't good to use for a per night deal.. but the 7 night stays are pretty good deals..

ms mekenna. i have been to stay at akl for a while now but dh doesnt want too. right now we are going with the wl in september but things could change as they always do. i would love to find a deal staying gf or poly. so far poly is my favorite.

i just cant see myself staying anywhere other than a disney resort. for the first few years we stayed offsite. now i dont think i could go anywhere else even regardless of the price.

• 1 month later...
I'm really starting to get the itch pretty bad. I asked ds5 if he'd like to go again and he said, "No, I want to go to Sea World to see everything that lives there." Ds10 wants to go to Universal. The tickets are very reasonable for both. Staying on site at Univeral is out of the question since we'll be a party of 6 after June. I'm debating something off site even though we'll lose the express line advantage. Hubby is already sold, but I need to find a GREAT deal to push me over the edge to do it. I'd probably like to check in on 11/23 and out on 11/30. I spent a bunch of time looking over the weekend, but haven't found anything great yet.

I'm really starting to get the itch pretty bad. I asked ds5 if he'd like to go again and he said, "No, I want to go to Sea World to see everything that lives there." Ds10 wants to go to Universal. The tickets are very reasonable for both. Staying on site at Univeral is out of the question since we'll be a party of 6 after June. I'm debating something off site even though we'll lose the express line advantage. Hubby is already sold, but I need to find a GREAT deal to push me over the edge to do it. I'd probably like to check in on 11/23 and out on 11/30. I spent a bunch of time looking over the weekend, but haven't found anything great yet.

Thanksgiving week is busy for both Universal and Disney...may be tougher to find a "deal".