Carnival vs. Royal Caribbean

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, Carnival tends to be the party ship (think Spring Break), and Royal Caribbean tends to be more for families and people who don't like that frat-party lifestyle.

Just my experience, though. YMMV.

I'd agree. ~ Carnival was the cruise line used by school for the senior trips. :cool:

Now that I have a family (DD-6 DS-4) we used Royal Carribean (out of Port Canaveral!) and it was the BEST trip we've ever taken. The Adventure Club (kids club) had just a few kids there & great attention was paid to them by the RC staff. The Dining Rooms catered to my kids ~ always had *something* waiting for them to snack on while the adults waited for their food to come. Rooms were always made up when we left. 3,000 people on that ship (the Mariner) and never ONCE did it feel overcrowded! The ship had an ice skating rink, the rock wall, 2 sets of pools - one for over 50 crowd - no kids! another for kids & parents. Game rooms, game/sports deck (to get skates), golf, huge gym, Spa, etc, etc, and the food was AWESOME! buffet or Dining Rooms. :yup:

We've been on three cruises, all on Carnival. My kids (18,14) refuse to go on another cruise line. We've sailed out of New Orleans, NYC and Miami. We all enjoy the dinners and the entertainment, not to mention the ports of call.

ICS-We sailed on the Valor on August of 2005. It was a beautiful ship and we loved the Eastern Caribbean itinerary.