Digital Camera

Looking for a new digital camera. I currently have a Kodak EasyShare DX4530 5.0 MP. It's ok, but not always the best pics...they are sometimes blurry for some reason (even when nobody is moving in the pic). Looking to upgrade to at least 7 mp but not sure what to look for. I'd love a Canon Rebel but that's out of my price range. Any good quality digital cameras that offer continuous shutter and take GREAT pics for a more reasonable rate than the Rebel? Also, can someone explain exactly what SLR is and what difference that makes in digital cameras? Thanks!

I'm looking at the Canon S3 IS. I also was planning on the Rebel XTi, but decided it's more than I really need and I think the S3 will suit me. I'm looking for a good deal on it. I guess some people ordered it in Dec from Dell for $249. I'd snap one up at that price (no pun intended) but haven't seen it anywhere near that.

I got that in December (Canon S3IS) at Target they offered a $40 gift card with it. I love the camera! If you do walmart on line its about $50 cheaper then anywhere else. I went to get it on walmart and they were out of stock so I got it at Target and then a week later Walmart had it back in stock Oh well! I do like the camera though. The pictures are great. I pretty much use the auto though. It is only a 6mp but from what I hear unless you are blowing it up poster size its not that much difference. My biggest I print is an 8x10. i like the 12x zoom too and the video quality is wonderful