TRU clearance??

theboyzmom

I went last year in late December or early January. My DD was due in Feb. I got tons of cute baby clothes for $1-$3 a piece. I also got a Baby Bjorn Carrier (Regularly over $100) for $21. They still had Christmas candy so I got a lot of that and send to my husband since he was overseas. I got over $300 worth of stuff and paid $42. I had 2 TRU gift cards for $25 each and I left with $8.xx on one.

Last year they had their green tag clearance beginning on January 6th (I checked the date against a post I recalled at another forum). They were taking an extra 70% off any green tag (already reduced) item. I got some absolutely AMAZING deals. I also had a 25% off my entire order certificate (I have one waiting for this year too!). The sum of the two adds up to a 77.5% discount off of the already reduced prices. I'm waiting for the greet tag clearance to start up any day now!!!

where did you get the 25% certificate???

Each year at Christmastime American Express offers "first-come, first-served" Wish Certificates for discounts at merchants. Most of them are garbage, but the TRU and Amazon 25% off certificates are AWESOME!

You can still buy them on ebay. The TRU certificates are selling in the $30 range, so if you're planning on spending less than $120 there it isn't worth it to buy one. The certificates are good until 1-31-07.

I was at Toys R Us today and saw a lot of toy markdowns, but none as good as Target. Then I happened to notice a Kettler swingset for $50 marked down from $250! I bought it of course! Apparently, this was one from last year, as the employees were working up front putting up pics and price tickets for all the swingsets and outdoor equipment for this spring. The clearance swingset ticket was on a display for outdoor toys in the back near the bikes. There were others on clearance too, but everything else was all sold out.

I was at Toys R Us today and saw a lot of toy markdowns, but none as good as Target. Then I happened to notice a Kettler swingset for $50 marked down from $250! I bought it of course! Apparently, this was one from last year, as the employees were working up front putting up pics and price tickets for all the swingsets and outdoor equipment for this spring. The clearance swingset ticket was on a display for outdoor toys in the back near the bikes. There were others on clearance too, but everything else was all sold out.

That was a good deal im going to check out mines tomorrow

I will check mine tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up. Oh...I hope I get it! I've been wanting a swingset for my boys for years! :eyepoppin