Anyone have experience with refunds through google checkout?

I bought the poloroid printer from buy.com on the 15th of December. They said it was shipped, when in fact FedEx never received the package. They said if they sent a replacement I could not get the rebate (WHAT? I STILL don't get that!) but that they could issue me a refund. I'm curious to see how this goes through since I used google checkout. I don't have my hopes set too high, but I had BETTER get my $$$$ back!

It is horrible!! I used GCO once, on the hunting blinds that got cancelled in November. They have no communication with the company, so will not refund the money. I had to call Dick's Sporting Goods about a hundred times, and was told that they have an actual google help desk in their office. Funny thing is that it was never staffed. I finally got them to email google, to get the debt resolved.

You can only deal with goole through email, which sucks. Also, somehow in the mix up, they got my email address wrong, with a ! instead of a 1, so google couldn't even find my account to credit it. It took me a couple of weeks to get my $ back. and a LOT of time!

It wasn't worth saving the money to me. I guess maybe my story is a rarity, but with it being my 1st time using them, I have no confidence.

Oh boy, GCO definitely has bugs!

I ordered through Aero on Black Friday paying with GCO. Aero cancelled a sweatshirt from my order, so I emailed them through GCO and told them to cancel the whole order because I didn't want anything if I would lose the 10 off 30 and pay full price shipping on 1 item. Aero emails me back that they don't handle requests through GCO email so I have to go directly through Aero's website, which they didn't recieve my request in time to cancel the whole order so they shipped it. I received the one shirt, decided to keep it and then found out that GCO charged me for the full amount of the entire order. Needless to say - it has been a mess, I'm still waiting on my refund from early DECEMBER!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a magazine subscription through Mags$Cheap using Google Check out. I got the $10 off deal and the sub. was $2.97. My CC was charged and Mags sent me a confirmation email 3 times telling me it was processed and sent to the publisher. Then, 2 weeks later, I get my CC bill and see the $2.97 charge and then, a few days later a $2.97 credit!! No explanation from Google or Mags. So, I do not know if I will get the sub. or not???

Big hassle to pursue and since I am not out any money (at least not YET) I will let it drop. I do not need the stress.

I waited and waited for an order from Aero. Finally went through google to see what the problem was, nothing... A week later out of frustration I just emailed aero. Within two hours they found the problem (order never shipped) and refunded my money within another 3 hours. Basically don't use google to resolve any problmens, go straight to the retailer.

I ordered a Biology textbook for my daughter on Dec 26th thru Textbooksrus & paid via GCO. On Monday Jan 8th, we found out the class had been canceled. I tried for 3 days to contact textbooksrus to get an RA to return the book. The site kept telling me that they found an order number that matched mine, but was not ordered by my email address. I contacted Google & they said I had to deal directly with the site. I had all my emails about the order saved in my Doc's. I went in them, copied & pasted them to emails to textbooksrus so they can see I did indeed order the book. I must have emailed them at least 10 times before they were able to send me an RA to return the book.. then it cost me over $9.00 to send it back! We insured it & did a return recpt request. I didn't want to take any chances that textbooksrus was going to say that they never rec'd it. Now I am wondering, do they credit you back the actual price or the price after the $10. My invoice from textbooksrus doesn't show the $10 off. It would be nice if they did that to re-coop my $9 & change it cost to return it. I am not sure if I would use the GCO again, unless I was 100% sure I know I would not have to return the item.. and pray there was nothing wrong with it where I had to return it.. the 3 days were a night mare..

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my refund from the beginning of Dec. It's funny because the refund form looks very strict as far as what they want and I never received a true "receipt". All I had was the packing slip (which conveniently was dated 2 days after the offer expired, and an "order confirmation" from buy.com..... (It was for the .99 mouse deal). I bet 10 to 1 that they will not give me the refund - and then I will raise holy hell!

I just tried checking on my return to textbooksrus.com & it is still saying that they don't have my order.. they have google as the email, not me. So when I place in my RMA number to set the status.. is says not found. I can't log on with googles email address because I don't have their password.. this entire thing stinks.. at least by paying the $9 to ship it back, they can't say they didn't get it from me.. I have a return rec't request.. as well as insurance on it...

I bought 4 VSmile games from Toys R US. The games were b1g1 free. So for 4 $19.99 games it came out to $39.98 -$10GCO + $2 taxes=$31.98. TRU then cancelled one game as not in stock. So for 3 games it would come out to the same price. I contacted google checkout telling them I should not have to pay full price for a B1G1 free game that they cancelled and they claimed TRU sent everything and I had to call TRU. I then called TRU and told them the same thing. They said GCO will have to issue a refund and that they will contact them. After 4 days there was no refund. I contacted GCO again and asked them if TRU had contacted them. There was no contact between TRU and GCO. This time the GCO rep said they will check with TRU. Another 3 days and I got an email from GCO saying that TRU had issued a refund.

Here is the good part. The item that was cancelled was one of the buy 1 items not a free one. They issued a refund for $11.98(posted to cc 3 days later). So my total for 3 $19.99 VSmile games is now $20.00. Took a while and a few emails/phone calls but very happy in the end. :)

So I contacted ToysRUS for the third time today.

I order four vsmiles and the box said that there was four in there, when there was only three. NONE were canceled.

I got some ill lady today that said b/c the one that I was missing was a free item that I wouldn't get any credit. I told her she was full of it and that the last two reps that I spoke to said I would. I asked to speak to a manager and after 5 minutes the same lady got on the phone and said I would get a credit for 19.99.

However, nothing about google was brought up, so we will see what happens.

harry12345 how can I contact gco? I can't find a number. I had a problem with toys r us also I think they fill there own orders first then gco's orders. I ordered a Jr. Globe Explorer and two other items at 1.89 each that I only really wanted in the first place. I never got the Jr. Globe Explorer but was charged by gco. Tru says they never got that part of my order from gco because it was out of stock. It's in stock now at the same price so I don't know what the problem is with filling my order. I've called 2 times with no results now I just want my money.

Update on my refund from Textbooksrus.com thru google.. I rec'd 2 emails tonight, one from Google & one from Textbooksrus...each telling me that my credit card will be credited back! :D I have been trying since Jan 4th for this refund!!!!! gee wonder if they give interest ;)