Panasonic PV-GS39 MiniDV Camcorder with 30x Optical Zoom $199.99 at amazon.com

sagesage

I have the GS-29 Which is a step down I just got it for Christmas so haven't used it much but from what I have read it is a good camcorder, it has the image stabalization which is a must have and it is very easy to use. I have not transfered my videos to DVD because I am waiting for the cord to come in the mail but I believe the GS 39 comes with the cord so you would have everything you need. This is an excellent price, mine was $279 and it is a lesser model, if I wouldnt ahve already gotten mine I would be buying this.

Carissa

I dont know how much this will help ya out.. But I owned a panasonic MiniDV and I loved it! Till it froze up on me in the middle of my cruise :(

But the quality was good, and VERY easy to use.

I now have a panasonic hard drive camcorder.. still figuring it out.

But I have No problems with this brand.

I also have the 29, got it on BF for $169.. when BB had the 39 for $159. That's a great deal.

We looked and looked for deals on the 39, but couldn't find any.

I am looking for a cord for mine too. But, the manual is very confusing because it says the 29 can AND cannot be hooked to a computer.

The 39 takes a memory card, which was an important feature to me, and is positively compatible with windows software.