Official Restaurant.com Coupon/Discount Thread

Brad

Do these coupons usually work ok? I have never bought from resturant.com but I am considering trying it first. Do I need to call the restaurant ahead of time and ask? I just got an email that says they are 70% off. So I think I may try it now so I don't spend alot of money if it doesn't work.

I have never had one not work. You don't need to call the restaurant at all. Just print your certificate and take it with you. Give it to the server when you place your order.

P.S. Can you share that 70% off code with the rest of us? The other one expired yesterday. Thanks.

If you want to call it doesnt hurt to do so. Sometimes i call to confirm the rules as what is on the website isnt always true.

It says one coupon per table, but some restaurants allow 2 different parties at the same table to use 2 different coupons..

Ive ordered about 10 and have used about 7, never had any problems!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm a first timer to these certificates... Are they able to be used for take out (obviously following the price restrictions otherwise)? The place im looking at is a sit down italian pizza joint, but we always get take out from there. So i want to be sure it would work with it before I bite the bullet?!

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have used these over a half dozen times with no issues whatsoever. I don't think you can use more than one at a time but most restaurants have different dollar value certificates ($10/$25/$50/$100) with different minimum purchases. For example, I usually buy the $25 certificate which has a $35 minimum purchase. All certificates also have a mandatory tip of 18% of the full value of the meal BEFORE the certificate is subtracted.

The minimum cash outlay for a meal with a $25 certificate is just over $20.

• $2 for certificate (assuming you buy at 80% off)
  • $35 of food
  • $6.30 mandatory tip
  • $2+ tax
  • ($25) credit for certificate

I usually end up paying about $30 for a meal for 2 at a nice sitdown restaurant (roughly $40 bill plus tax/tip/cert) which beats spending over $50 for that same meal. At pizza places we have fed 4 adults w/ leftovers for under $25.

Edited by wild4mn

I have used these over a half dozen times with no issues whatsoever. I don't think you can use more than one at a time but most restaurants have different dollar value certificates ($10/$25/$50/$100) with different minimum purchases. For example, I usually buy the $25 certificate which has a $35 minimum purchase. All certificates also have a mandatory tip of 18% of the full value of the meal BEFORE the certificate is subtracted.

The minimum cash outlay for a meal with a $25 certificate is just over $20.

• $2 for certificate (assuming you buy at 80% off)
  • $35 of food
  • $6.30 mandatory tip
  • $2+ tax
  • ($25) credit for certificate

I usually end up paying about $30 for a meal for 2 at a nice sitdown restaurant (roughly $40 bill plus tax/tip/cert) which beats spending over $50 for that same meal. At pizza places we have fed 4 adults w/ leftovers for under $25.

Thanks for the info. Just wasn't sure if you actually are getting a good deal or not! I'm gonna try out the House of Blues one. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...