Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

From what I understood,they were packaged for the cafes inside of Target (like starbucks etc)and they are suppose to be 69c per carton. However,sometimes the stockers (or whomever)puts them on the regular MinuteMaid aisle unopened and when they are scanned they scan 69c for the pack. I dont think it was a clearance price.. but then I am not sure.

That make sense:)

Ok, I wondered why they would keep on popping up on the shelves. So it is something that is NOT supposed to be on the shelves but some dim witt keeps putting them out. I guess it doesn't occur to them that if there isn't a spot on the shelf then maybe it doesn't belong there.

So I guess if someone said "You can't have this for $.69" I would say "darn I guess I don't want it." However, I will continue to look for them. I have only had one cashier that noticed they were $.69 (then she asked if there was any left because she wanted them too). I usually am buying more than just juice so they would be less likely to notice.

Does anyone know when Target will start to put out their Christmas decorations (tree ornaments) and gift wrap?TIA.

They had about 4 aisles of things out today already. Halloween was still full price :(

I've always considered the MM to be a YMMV but boy would I be upset if they upped the price on me. After all this time though, I'm really surprised that management hasn't caught wind of it.

Does anyone know when Target will start to put out their Christmas decorations (tree ornaments) and gift wrap?

TIA.

I, too, have seen ornaments for a few weeks, cards also.

Today, in the housewares department, they were putting up more decorations like snowglobes etc.

I understand that the 10 pks of juice are a clerical error - however, it is not right for them to up the price when you are purchasing without notice. Like someone else said - they noticed the error and allowed her purchase what was in her cart and THEN they FIXED the error. That is what Target needs to do. Fix the error.

BTW - the juice situation has nothing to do with stealing. The juice is being paid for at the price that it rings up on the register. I am positive Target knows about the issue - I am sure someone from the company reads the Target threads pretty regularly. They can fix the problem on their end easily enough they just haven't. I am not going to feel guilty about buying them if I find them, and I would be mad if I got to the register and the juice rang up for $.69 but they told me I had to pay $2.

About the juice.. I know that I will pass two different grocery stores to shop at Target. I love to check endcaps, and now that I know about the 10 pk. of juice, I will check that too. I wouldn't stop shopping at Target w/o the juice deal, but I think I go more often instead of another grocery store. I'd say Target gets alot more $ out of me, but that is just me.:)

It isn't stealing if you pay for it before you put it away or walk out the door. I do agree I don't think they should be allowed to change the price if it rang up another price. I own my own business and if I made a mistake and accidently marked something the wrong price I sell it for what it is marked then I go and fix the error. I would never tell someone that they had to pay more than what it was marked/or rung up for (isn't that called bait and switch?)And heck, I make those kind of mistakes all the time. I also sell a lot more at a big profit, so I get over it pretty quickly when it does happen.

I am positive Target knows about the issue - I am sure someone from the company reads the Target threads pretty regularly. They can fix the problem on their end easily enough they just haven't.

Dear Target team member, if you're reading this, I am addicted to looking for juice. I go to Target at least twice a week to peruse and hopefully find juice. I even get excited when I see the 10 packs in the grocery store...then I realize that I'm in the wrong store. My DH would be absolutely thrilled if you took the MM's away because my Target spending would be more under control. I on the other hand would probably suffer from severe shopping withdrawal and my kids would suffer from juice box withdrawal. Please don't do this to my family :o

Dear Target team member, if you're reading this, I am addicted to looking for juice. I go to Target at least twice a week to peruse and hopefully find juice. I even get excited when I see the 10 packs in the grocery store...then I realize that I'm in the wrong store. My DH would be absolutely thrilled if you took the MM's away because my Target spending would be more under control. I on the other hand would probably suffer from severe shopping withdrawal and my kids would suffer from juice box withdrawal. Please don't do this to my family :o

:yup:

I am right there with ya. I may look at that dang juice aisle everytime I am there but I guarantee I am spending WAY more than just that.

okay everyone lets lighten up the mood juice or no juice lets get back to bargain hunting ;)

I don't think the mood was bad. Everyone is too afraid of a small debate, geez. Personally I love a good argument every once in a while and my dh is out of town LOL.

Also the juice is a major bargain in my house since we use them for our school lunches. I shop endcaps and look for clearance stickers and I ALWAYS check the juice aisle, ha ha.

I'm waaaaay behind on this topic, but I have to say...the OP cracked me up describing all the hiding places to stash your clearance items!

LOL, but I am the meanie who "unhides" stuff ...and you KNOW it is a hidden item when it is a pair of curtains in the Polly Pockets aisle,,,or a mixer in the automotive dept,,,, it is almost as fun as finding the $.69 juice boxes... :D

I found some pink Breast Cancer awareness kitchen items 50% off.

Hello this is my first post so I hope I did this right, I found all of the Bialetti pink items, pans, silicone baking sheets etc for 75% off, I also purchased a $40 crock pot for $7.01 because it was the display model, well it works like a charm. Thank you for these wonderful posts.

I went to Target today just to kill some time. I ended up finding unbelievable bargains today!!:cheesy:

$4.99 50ft coil hose Reg. 19.99

$24.98 Shark Euro Pro Steam Iron Reg 99.00

$19.98 Kitchen Aid Blender Reg 79.99

$4.24 Fiskis Pruner Reg 16.99

$1.75 12 pk Diet Dr. Pepper On sale for $2.75 had a $1.00 off coupon

$ .48 Gift Bags Reg $1.99

I hope my luck continues through Christmas!!

For me hiding stuff can be great; however, I have to promptly go to my car and write down where the heck I put the stuff. Too many times, I'm like... "I know I hid something somewhere, but what was it and where the heck did I put it?!" Oh it sucks getting old.

Yeah, I have had to do that too. I recently went to a store that I hadn't visited since spring. I had been going out that way regularly so I figured it would continue. Work patterns changed and I didn't get back out there. I had hidden a Disney MixStick in the spring. When was that, gang, they were clearancing them around March, I think. Well, I started traveling that way again and went to stash a set of markers or something in a regular spot. Low and behold, the MixStick was still there!!!! So it stayed in place for 6 months!!! :cheesy::eyepoppin At that point I had already gotten one, so I stuck it on the shelf.

So bummed! My usual target that took expired q's is now really checking every single coupon. Wouldn't let me use the PH tonight - used it this week-end.

Don't give up. It has happened to me before. Just try a different cashier next time. Only use an expired or two next time so you are not stuck paying for too much.

I am so excited I can hardly type...

My stores are about 6 weeks behind everyone else on the clearance stuff :gdclock: - so when everyone was talking about the Harry Potter legos a while back, I went to my store and they were still full price $89.xx. There were about 12 of them on the shelf, so I moved one down a little bit and mixed it in with the Star Wars ones. :gdparanoid:

Yesterday (since I know that toys get marked down on Wednesday) I went to check on these. There were still 8 of them on the shelf, but they were still $68.xx. No markdown yet. This morning I was there at 8:00 when the doors opened and there were NONE!!! :eek: How could this be? I was there last night when they closed and there 8 of them.

Soooo - I took mine out from the Star Wars sets, price checked it and sure enough ... $22.48! :woot2: I took it to the register and the cashier looked at me with this awful look on her face and said, "Where did you find this?" I just sort of giggled and said I had been watching it for months. :giggle: She said that she had rang up 8 of them already this morning for the employees and they had told her there weren't any more! :sidesplit

Oh well...:g_shrug:

I am so excited I can hardly type...

My stores are about 6 weeks behind everyone else on the clearance stuff :gdclock: - so when everyone was talking about the Harry Potter legos a while back, I went to my store and they were still full price $89.xx. There were about 12 of them on the shelf, so I moved one down a little bit and mixed it in with the Star Wars ones. :gdparanoid:

Yesterday (since I know that toys get marked down on Wednesday) I went to check on these. There were still 8 of them on the shelf, but they were still $68.xx. No markdown yet. This morning I was there at 8:00 when the doors opened and there were NONE!!! :eek: How could this be? I was there last night when they closed and there 8 of them.

Soooo - I took mine out from the Star Wars sets, price checked it and sure enough ... $22.48! :woot2: I took it to the register and the cashier looked at me with this awful look on her face and said, "Where did you find this?" I just sort of giggled and said I had been watching it for months. :giggle: She said that she had rang up 8 of them already this morning for the employees and they had told her there weren't any more! :sidesplit

Oh well...:g_shrug:

Oh, I love it!!