Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Not sure if any of these are repeats but yesterday I got:

Easy set up canopy with removable sides 75% off down to 24.98.

Full or queen size reversible comforters 75% off, down to 9.98.

Croquet set, 90% off, down to 4.98

do you have the number for the pop up? Thanks!!!

It is the 9 digit number on your receipt. It is also found on the little red tags if it was clearance. When they are on regular store shelves, you can see the 9 digit code on the shelf tag. It is called a DCPI.

thanks the recipt is in the pile to go to my friend with the daughters that are hannah montana fans i will look for it....

convection microwave oven was $199.99-down to 38.88!

He shoots he SCORES! 3-pointer at the buzzer!

I have some more information on the convection microwave that I think this is. Oster DCPI: 072-01-0311 marked original price $119.99 and clearance for $83.98 my my store. The number on the box said OTM1101VBS but I can't seem to find anything online about this, other then a manual, and it's not showing on the inventory site.

Does anyone know anything about this Oster microwave/convection oven? They had a microwave/grill that I was interested in until I saw some horrible reviews on it..... In fact I haven't seen very good reviews at all on Oster...

http://www.target.com/Hamilton-Beach-1-5-qt-Party-Crock/dp/B000GWJ33C/sr=1-1/qid=1193143998/ref=sr_1_1/601-0560292-4424129?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Ahamilton%20beach%20party%20crock&page=1

I picked up two of the Hamilton Beach Party crocks yesterday. One is for sure going to be a gift, I might keep the other or gift it as well. I thought it was a great idea with the cast iron base that you can warm the crock with a tea light for entertaining. There have been many times that I didn't want to deal with the hassle of having the crock where it could be plugged in. I serve many warm dips when entertaining. I paid $14.98. I thought that was a good price and didn't want to risk it being gone when it finally went to 75% off so I picked up the last two. I also saw three different brands of blenders for 50% - 75% off. I picked up an air hogs chopper bike for 50% off - $8.xx for a Christmas present. There was lots of health and beauty and food clearance only at 15% off. Toddler clothing 30% off clearance - not too much else in the store.

On another note, my store had tons of back stock toys loaded on the tops of all the aisles. I'm assuming that will be the black friday stuff. I didn't notice anything too fabulous. RC cars, a couple Nerf things, etc. Take a look next time you are in Target if you are a black friday shopper and want a preview.;)

On another note, my store had tons of back stock toys loaded on the tops of all the aisles. I'm assuming that will be the black friday stuff. I didn't notice anything too fabulous. RC cars, a couple Nerf things, etc. Take a look next time you are in Target if you are a black friday shopper and want a preview.;)

The toys on the top shelves are not necessarily Black Friday items. Around this time of year, Target gets more and more product in and there's not enough room in the backroom to store it all. Eventually, other areas in the store will have items on the top shelves as well (small appliances, seasonal, etc.).

And btw, it's DPCI, not DCPI (not that it matters really).

The toys on the top shelves are not necessarily Black Friday items. Around this time of year, Target gets more and more product in and there's not enough room in the backroom to store it all. Eventually, other areas in the store will have items on the top shelves as well (small appliances, seasonal, etc.).

And btw, it's DPCI, not DCPI (not that it matters really).

Well,I just left Target and on their Fisher Price aisle they had one Smart Cycle on the bottom and the whole top shelf was full of them. I SURE hope that means maybe,just maybe they might offer them on sale on BF? woohoo!!!

Please forgive me here, I am new to this "Perimeter Perusing" - can someone explain to me what this is all about. I have read through most of this thread and would like to better understand it.

A couple of things...

"DPCI" = what?

There is a site listing UPC's, desc., etc. (link on the opening statement of this discussion) what is that all about.

Thanks for your patience - I want to get in on these savings!

Guest online_assistan
Hey everyone just went target bargain hunting. Came back with a BMI weight scale for 3.74. There were a ton of them and I couldn't believe it cause I check a few times a week. My guess is they missed the markdowns all together and someone found it with the scanner. The # on the receipt is 097981090 by Taylor. I got it out of the box and it is awesome really easy to use comes with a lithium battery and can keep up to 4 people on memory. Also our College 07 decorative tapestry went down from 9.98 to 4.98 i bought one but I think I will go and hide a few since they are such a good quality for putting over futons and chairs even hanging them as drapes. hopefully the price drops within the next week ;)

Hi All,

First post for perimeter perusing @ Target,

I'm in Redding, Ca on business and stopped in a few days ago at the store here, they had Sirius sportsters originally 119.99 marked down to around 60 bucks. I came back to look at them and they are now 70% off for $30.04!! I got one for myself and my husband. There are about 6 more left, they also had Ipod docking clock radio/am/fm speaker systems originally $199 down to $50.00.

Please forgive me here, I am new to this "Perimeter Perusing" - can someone explain to me what this is all about. I have read through most of this thread and would like to better understand it.

A couple of things...

"DPCI" = what?

There is a site listing UPC's, desc., etc. (link on the opening statement of this discussion) what is that all about.

Thanks for your patience - I want to get in on these savings!

It is the 9 digit inventory code used by Target. If you look at a Target receipt, you will see a 9 digit number for every item. When you want to know if they have more in the back, it is this number they use to check. It is also found printed on the little red markdown tags and on the shelf tags. If your store price checkers have the keypad on the right side, you can also enter this number in to do a price check and to see if it says they have more in the stockroom.

hi all, not sure this was posted yet, but I just got back from target and I got a canon selphy photo printer for $25.04. They were just lowered today I think b/c they were $50 on Friday.

jen

I bought this today. There were 2 on the shelf and both had been opened. The plastic bag that has the cd in it was ripped open. I went ahead and bought it but now I'm wondering if I should of passed it by.

Anyone know if this is a good item? Guess I need to look up the reviews somewhere.

Stocked up on Colgate Total Whitening toothpaste, $1.75 for the 8 oz tube, plus had a bonus 6 oz. tube attached...had a $1 coupon off of one, and a $1 coupon off of two, so I got six tubes for $3.25!

Also found a Diego Animal Storage Case for 30% off, making it $9.08. I went ahead and bought it, since there were only three left, and we have a million Diego animals that would be nice to have all together...seems every Diego toy comes with at least one, so we have like three macaws, two tapirs, etc. I'm just surprised that was on clearance, since it's one of the newer Diego toys they've put out...I checked our Dora cash registers, but they aren't on clearance here...bummer, because I know ds would LOVE it! Both of them would, actually...oh well, guess I'll have to keep checking...

Hi All,

First post for perimeter perusing @ Target,

I'm in Redding, Ca on business and stopped in a few days ago at the store here, they had Sirius sportsters originally 119.99 marked down to around 60 bucks. I came back to look at them and they are now 70% off for $30.04!! I got one for myself and my husband. There are about 6 more left, they also had Ipod docking clock radio/am/fm speaker systems originally $199 down to $50.00.

Do you happen to have the DCPI for the Ipod docking station. I went to one Target today and I didn't see them. What a deal. That would be perfect for DH for Xmas!!

I just wanted to say that I hope everyone down in San Diego, Ventura, San Bernardino & Orange Counties are alright. I know that the Santiago fire is close to Irvine, and the Witch fire has just taken over in San Diego. We are just dealing with heat and smoke here, but it is getting pretty nasty to be outside. Everyone stay safe!

I thought they were $.69 because at one time they were clearanced? I haven't seen a spot for the minute maid 10 packs only the 15 pks.

How long have they been $.69 for? I only found out about them when I joined here in August and didnt' even find any until the begining of Sept.

From what I understood,they were packaged for the cafes inside of Target (like starbucks etc)and they are suppose to be 69c per carton. However,sometimes the stockers (or whomever)puts them on the regular MinuteMaid aisle unopened and when they are scanned they scan 69c for the pack. I dont think it was a clearance price.. but then I am not sure.

Why would they raise the price on a scanned item? Its their computer scan not yours?

What was happening with these is that they were in the scanner as a "single box price". So yes, if they scanned them, they would show up as 69 cents because that is the "single box price". It was not a matter of being clearanced as I understand, but instead, it was a clerical error. It obviously needs to be fixed in their system and if it scans as 69 cents, most states have laws that they must sell it for that.

However, I would not expect that price and would not be upset if they told me no. It is an error.

I had the same thing happen to me once with 6packs bottles of soda. It rang up 99 cents which is a "single bottle price". They allowed me to purchase the 4 items in my cart but when I went back later to see if I could get some more, they rang up at the regular price of $2.99.

My personal feeling is: Yes it is great if they make a mistake and it is in your favor. However to insist on getting the pricing mistake over and over again is extreme. AGAIN, this is my personal opinion...it is similar to having a eyeliner pencil in your cart and you forget to take it out or the cashier does and you get out to your car and you see it. Do you take it back in? Or do you take it home knowing you did not purchase it.