WARNING: Circo 4pc Pajama Sets from Target-small wrist openings!(UPDATE 1/1/07)

jcarr492

I worked at Target and I know that when I worked they stuck to their policies. However, in the case of a possible injury due to a product they carry, we were told to take all seriously so that no one could come back and say we were negligent or that we ignored any warnings. We had a batch of onsie style shirt that the leg holes were too small on. They removed them from the floor at the first complaint. All they have to do is send them back as defective. I am glad that the manager was apoligetic and took them back but I sure hope those don't injure any other child for sake of a policy!

I am so sorry this happened!

~I just ran and got both my girls Circo jammies from Target. They were still in the package and the wrist's are so tiny too! I'm just in tears that this happen to that poor sweetie! But you saved this happening to my girls too!

Thank you so much to the OP for taking the time to tell us all!

I hope your cutie feel better soon!

i bought some and they were 2t. i got them for my daughter because they were only like 5 but my nine month olds hand could barely fit in it..and i have noticed this with a couple of pjs i dont know if they came from there but i need to look

Target corporate called me just a while ago! I'm really surprised! I didn't expect to hear from them at all. But she was very nice and asked first and foremost how Janaya's wrist was doing and if she was alright. There are still red burn marks..but their not as "red" anymore. they look more like scars..hopefully they won't though. Its been just over a week and to still have marks from just sleeping in pajama's is unreal.

She asked me to explain how it all happened and I did and then got the reciept number and the id number of the items off the reciept I had and told me I did fine in contacting the CSPC about them. It turns out numerous people are now calling in about them. Most of them saw my post on gottadeal warning about them, which makes me feel really good cause I may have saved a little ones hand from non circulation or something. She asked if there was anything Target can do to make the incident better. I was thinking she probably was giving me an opening for asking for a gift card for janaya or payment for doctor bills or medicine if she had any if she was taken to the doctor. But I wasn't after any compensation and I told her that. I said, I just wanted to let ya'll know about the pajamas. We buy pj's from them along from jcpenneys and never had this problem and I just didn't want to see another child, especially an infant that can't talk go through this. she said she would call me in a week to check if her wrist is better than from today and to call her at her number and extension if there was anything more I needed or wanted to ask.

That makes me feel really good that Target is actually taking this seriously. Its not like she just had an indention on her wrist that went away overnight. She still has the marks over a week later.

Oh yeah, and target is probably checking out this discussing too. when I told her I posted a warning about them on a message board I frequent..she asked if I minded telling her which one and how to locate it. I told her I posted it on www.gottadeal.com under the forums and under the deal discussion board. Only to warn other parents of the product. so their probably checking this out.

If you're reading this Target... Good for you for finally giving the issue some attention, and even though she didn't ask for it, a gift card would be really nice for the OP if only to deal with the frustration of the situation.

jcarr492, thankyou! I have two toddler boys and I never thought about it before but I will always pay attention to the wrist and leg openings of pajamas now. My mother bought some pj's for DS when he was only a few months old and when I put them on him, he would cry non-stop. Turns out they used that plastic-type thread for the stitching in the ankles which was bothering him. Just another thing to look out for.