Help making cold cut platters!

shanni

I've never done it, and have no idea how to! I know seems crazy doesn't it:eyepoppin

There's going to be between 27-30 people. I am getting

1lb Roast Beef

1lb Turkey Breast

1lb Chicken Breast

2lbs American Cheese

1lb Honey Ham

1lb Sweet Virgina Ham

1lb Bologna

1lb Salami

1/2 lb Swiss Cheese

1/2 lb Provolone Cheese

Anything I'm forgetting? Also anyone happen to have a pic of what it should look like when it's all on the platter? Any help is appreciated! Thank you

Cheese ball and differant types of crackers maybe?

Here's a great cheese ball recipe that I got from the Kraftsfoods magazine.

Party Cheese Ball

Prep Time: 15 min

Total Time: 3 hr 15 min

Makes: 24 servings, 2 Tbsp. each

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese

1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion

1 Tbsp. chopped red bell pepper

2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. lemon juice

Dash ground red pepper

Dash salt

1 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans

BEAT cream cheese and cheddar cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.

MIX in all remaining ingredients except pecans; cover. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.

SHAPE into ball; roll in pecans. Serve with assorted NABISCO Crackers.

You can also form these into logs or even balls the size of sausage balls. I'm going to try the logs this time so I can just slice it.

Get a large round platter. Line with leafy green lettuce or foil, roll the meats around the platter. I use black olives and green olives for presentation or in the middle put spicy mustard for dipping. I also like to buy hot pepper cheese. Great with the meats you are having

I saw this on another website..

Start with a bed of green leaf lettuce to cover the tray. Use three different meats sliced thin enough to roll and three different kind of cheese. Stack the cheese evenly and then cut in half. Then kind of zig zag the cheese as you stack it on the tray. You will divide the tray into thirds with your cheese. Then roll your meats and cut in half and stack in rows between the cheeses. In the center make a bed of lettuce and put drained baby sweet pickles.

And someone suggested using a cookie cutter for the cheese. (to dress it up alittle)

what about a bread bowl with spinich dip or ranch dip inside and the pieces of bread to dip it in or even crackers to dip in.

Mmmmm....my favorite! No one else here eats it, but I usually make one and eat almost the whole thing once or twice a year, lol. I love it with the marble boule bread. Sometimes I also serve it with Fritos scoops for extra dipping. The bread doesn't go as far if you really hollow it out well. I think I'll make myself one of these next week.

Great thread! I think I will make one of these trays for New Years and make my life simple. BJ's has GREAT prices on lunch meat and cheese. Land O Lakes American is only $2.99/lb there vs. $5.99/lb at the grocery store. :)