Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

*DEAD* $10 off $10 at Solutions.com HOT!

114 replies to this topic

#91 busybeex3  OFFLINE  

busybeex3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 6:12 am

Hmm -- wondered why my order got cancelled. I will definitely be writing them and complaining.

#92 amyers12345  OFFLINE  

amyers12345

Unofficial Resident Tax Pro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 6:20 am

What scares me is that if they really were 'hacked', which I'm sure they weren't, shouldn't they do something to prevent it, especially since they now have all of our CC #'s? If they say their system was that easy to break, then what is to stop someone from using our accounts? I am not too worked up about it, because I figured it was too good to be true, but if they stick with their hacker story, then I am gonna be TICKED!!

#93 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 6:29 am

What scares me is that if they really were 'hacked', which I'm sure they weren't, shouldn't they do something to prevent it, especially since they now have all of our CC #'s? If they say their system was that easy to break, then what is to stop someone from using our accounts?

I am not too worked up about it, because I figured it was too good to be true, but if they stick with their hacker story, then I am gonna be TICKED!!

That concerns me too...I am not as concerned about the order being cancelled, although I would have paid the full price for it...at least one of them.....

#94 niccci  OFFLINE  

niccci

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 6:39 am

well I just went to solutions and to Norm Thompson and they not only canceled my orders but apparently they have removed my email address from their database. I was going to cancel my creditcard "just in case" after reading some of these posts.. but maybe they also assumed we were the hackers (hahah like I know anything about that)and canceled our account. Has anyone else checked their account?

#95 comm402  OFFLINE  

comm402

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 6:44 am

Same here, I tried to log in and my email address didn't come up. At least nothing was charged to my card.

#96 martinas  OFFLINE  

martinas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 6:47 am

I am on hold with them now....The rep told me initially that my order shows:"cancelled on consumers request":mad: He told me that he just received an internal email about BC10 code and is now trying to find out whats going on... Ok, here is his story: coupon was "pirated" on internet, no talk of hackers. Is was given to customers who's previous orders had to be cancelled. Of course I asked him why I could not use this or an equivalent coupon today, after all, my order just got cancelled for no fault of mine.:smirk: My cc was not charged according to the rep, but I requested an email, confirming that cc was indeed not charged and that my email and postal address is removed from their files and will not be used for further solicitation of business. Since they def. lost mine for good. He did offer to reinstate my order and give me free s/h. :confused: I told him it was free s/h on the original order and not to bother.

#97 martinas  OFFLINE  

martinas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 7:07 am

. but maybe they also assumed we were the hackers (hahah like I know anything about that)and canceled our account.

:g_laughin According to the rep I just talked to the coupon was not hacked, but pirated...LOL ...Watch out Jack Sparrow.... here we come...Our ship is called the "Gottadeal" and our figurehead might look like Brad:yup:

#98 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 8:00 am

I am sure that after the e-mails and calls they received yesterday they are going to be more careful with their wording today.

#99 eve  OFFLINE  

eve

• 2,461 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 8:14 am

planetfeedback.com;)

#100 ccbayly  OFFLINE  

ccbayly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 9:39 am

Here was my e-mail response: Thank you for contacting Solutions concerning order EB22936. Your order did not qualify for the BC10 code discount that was intended for customers who experienced a product cancellation. We received a huge volume of orders and naturally had to cancel them. Your credit card has not been charged. You are welcome to place a new order without the discount code if you wish. Sincerely, Donna Internet Customer Service Solution

#101 Kara1204  OFFLINE  

Kara1204

Think Pink!

• 1,234 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 9:56 am

End of chapter and story. There is a lesson to be learned here. Shop with names you know and trust. Who ever heard of Norm Thompson and Solutions before 2 days ago??? Let's move on, people. :yup:

#102 triplestar  OFFLINE  

triplestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 9:59 am

:mad:

#103 suzi1975  OFFLINE  

suzi1975

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 10:08 am

my got cancelled to at both. They said it was because I had not ordered from them before and was not allowed to use the coupon codes for that reason.

#104 fkw1111  OFFLINE  

fkw1111

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 11:16 am

I know it wasn't a lot of money, but check your credit card payments- mine was charged. When I called CS they said that I wasn't charged- I gave them a confirmation number and he double checked- oops- "you were charged, sorry". I spent fifteen minutes on the phone with my cc company to get the charges reversed.

#105 sappy  OFFLINE  

sappy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 11:31 am

So now that you all got your orders cancelled...does that mean you can use that code? :P

#106 Kara1204  OFFLINE  

Kara1204

Think Pink!

• 1,234 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 12:20 pm

Here was my e-mail response:

Thank you for contacting Solutions concerning order EB22936.

Your order did not qualify for the BC10 code discount that was intended for customers who experienced a product cancellation. We received a huge volume of orders and naturally had to cancel them. Your credit card has not been charged.

You are welcome to place a new order without the discount code if you wish.

Sincerely,
Donna
Internet Customer Service
Solution

That Donna has been a busy lady, today. Here is her response to me:
Dear Ms. ******,

Thank you for contacting Norm Thompson concerning order EB22365. There also is a Solutions order EB21998 that was canceled.

Your orders did not qualify for the BC10 code discount that was intended for customers who experienced a product cancellation on a product they had previously ordered. We received a huge volume of orders with the code and naturally had to cancel them. Your credit card has not been charged.

You are welcome to place new orders without the discount code if you wish.

Sincerely,
Donna
Norm Thompson

#107 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 12:31 pm

That Donna has been a busy lady, today. Here is her response to me:
Dear Ms. ******,

Thank you for contacting Norm Thompson concerning order EB22365. There also is a Solutions order EB21998 that was canceled.

Your orders did not qualify for the BC10 code discount that was intended for customers who experienced a product cancellation on a product they had previously ordered. We received a huge volume of orders with the code and naturally had to cancel them. Your credit card has not been charged.

You are welcome to place new orders without the discount code if you wish.

Sincerely,
Donna
Norm Thompson

LOL... change the name in the greeting and the order numbers and that is exactly the e-mail I received...

#108 bugsette  OFFLINE  

bugsette

• 5,598 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 3:42 pm

just called my credit card company.... it's still on there... i guess it does take a few days to take it off.

#109 ms_mckenna  OFFLINE  

ms_mckenna

~*Callie*~

• 2,840 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 4:30 pm

Ordered got cancelled. :( Thanks for the code still Great Dane Mom it would have been a great deal. :)

#110 tazolover  OFFLINE  

tazolover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2006 - 5:45 pm

Same story, mine got cancelled. Oh well, their loss, not mine. I emailed them and told them to take me off any future mailings and delete my account. I won't be back.

#111 KBsDarling  OFFLINE  

KBsDarling

• 1,768 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2006 - 7:35 am

do i need to go to THEM or to my bank? I was charged but no email from them and when I try to log into my account it just loads the same front page over or at the sister site says my bag is empty.....Kinda confused what to do. It wasnt a mega amount of $$ but still I am not giving them 3$ LOL

#112 asilenceblossom  OFFLINE  

asilenceblossom

Adopt a dog from your local shelter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2006 - 8:00 am

yeah, the charge is still on my account too! I would say just call them and tell them to either give you your item/s or take off the 3 bucks immediately!

#113 asilenceblossom  OFFLINE  

asilenceblossom

Adopt a dog from your local shelter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2006 - 8:04 am

I just called and the lady assured me that they don't charge until the item has shipped and since our items were not shipped, we will not be charged...even though there is a temporary authorization...hmmmm i will give it a few more days...even though i believe that i have given enough days for that to disappear

#114 Kara1204  OFFLINE  

Kara1204

Think Pink!

• 1,234 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2006 - 7:45 pm

do i need to go to THEM or to my bank? I was charged but no email from them and when I try to log into my account it just loads the same front page over or at the sister site says my bag is empty.....Kinda confused what to do. It wasnt a mega amount of $$ but still I am not giving them 3$ LOL

I would call THEM first, make sure the credit was issued. Then, call the bank to see if they GOT the credit order. Funny, neither Solutions or Norm chaged my card for either order. Guess I was one of the lucky ones..

#115 aatraders  OFFLINE  

aatraders

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 27, 2006 - 5:52 pm

cool dude

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users