Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

*DEAD* $10 off $10 at Solutions.com HOT!

114 replies to this topic

#61 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 5:09 pm

Didn't tell her where I got the coupon as when she asked me she said "where did you get this fraudulent coupon " and I went off on her. I did tell her that her company was taking a major bashing all over cyber space and rightly so and that it seemed to me that it would be more in their best interest to honor their coupon than to try to recover from the bad reputation they were getting...

#62 freddie26  OFFLINE  

freddie26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 5:29 pm

My order was cancelled as well - and with Norm Thompson.

#63 Zgr8t1  OFFLINE  

Zgr8t1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 5:35 pm

I got my shipping notice w/tracking number on 2 chocolate ornament place holders sets for $2.99ea. after the 10 coupon. Everything else was cancelled by both companys.

#64 kristie4  OFFLINE  

kristie4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 5:54 pm

I don't like this. I thought it was legit because jcpenney has these coupons. I thought maybe they wanted the publicity. I only did one order. Where did this coupon originate anyway?

#65 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 6:05 pm

Not sure, but we all thought it was legit, I politely informed the CS lady that too...

#66 Themop75  OFFLINE  

Themop75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 6:11 pm

My order was cancelled from Solutions as well, but I got my shipping confirmation email with Norm for the stuff I ordered.

#67 bugsette  OFFLINE  

bugsette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,598 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 6:38 pm

mine was cancelled today

#68 dilligaf  OFFLINE  

dilligaf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 6:39 pm

Solutions.com cancelled my order too.

Called them up and she said that a code got posted to the internet that wasn't valid. I said it was valid you your site, you should honor it.

Her: "Well, when a hacker ..."
Me: "Are you telling me that a hacker got into your site and made this code valid"?
Her: "No, they didn't get into our site"
Me: "Then it was a valid code and you should honor it. You are gonna find many people that won't shop with you again because of this"

Then I hung up.

#69 fierymyst  OFFLINE  

fierymyst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 6:40 pm

cancelled here too.... sucks because those were stocking stuffers for my girls for christmas... how are we supposed to know they got hacked and the code wasn't legit??

#70 dilligaf  OFFLINE  

dilligaf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 6:48 pm

They weren't hacked. It was a code that wasn't supposed to be distributed in a big way. It was a valid code! They should honor it!

#71 jerseygirl  OFFLINE  

jerseygirl

~Go GIANTS!~

• 1,535 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 6:48 pm

all of mine from BOTH sites were CX'd......... :mad:

Ok Ladies, how do we reltaliate?!?!?

#72 dilligaf  OFFLINE  

dilligaf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 6:51 pm

Ok Ladies, how do we reltaliate?!?!?

Hmmmm...

Can't we all find a way to retaliate? Or just the ladies :)

Personally, they go on the list of places I won't shop. Will it break their bank ... Nope. But, that is what I can do.

#73 bargaingal2  OFFLINE  

bargaingal2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 6:53 pm

Yep all mine cancelled as well!

#74 kjegbert  OFFLINE  

kjegbert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 7:13 pm

All three of mine were cancelled also. One was for the $24.95 solar crystal thingie, which seems to me like a "legitimate" order. Obviously, it was a legitimate coupon because it worked. Their fault to allow it to work more than once and with any order over $10. Too bad because I had never been to their site before and liked their stuff but I have no desire to shop there again.

#75 wdomina  OFFLINE  

wdomina

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 7:13 pm

It was too good to be true. My order was canceled despite having received an email indicating that it was received!:yuck: :yuck:

#76 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 7:15 pm

Well, after I made my phone call to customer service I fired off an e-mail in reply to each of my cancelled orders (one from each place) I let them know how I felt about it and about the negative publicity they were receiving over it. Will let you know if I get a reply... I doubt it though...You might want to do the same, and not do business with them anymore....

#77 micintosh  OFFLINE  

micintosh

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 7:24 pm

All 3 of mine were cancelled.

#78 happysunshine28  OFFLINE  

happysunshine28

• 4,311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 7:30 pm

Mine got cancelled also. It was worth a try until I read about the hacker.

#79 dilligaf  OFFLINE  

dilligaf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 7:43 pm

I am sorry I type the word hacker above. The fact is that they were NOT hacked. She tried to imply that they were until I questioned her on it. The code was for a specific purpose and someone posted it some where and it got passed around. NO HACKING was involved. It was bad design or usage on their part. Think of it as mismarked prices in a brick and mortar store. They honor it!

#80 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 7:48 pm

The CS I spoke with said the words, " someone hacked into our system"... That would be scary if true, but I sincerely doubt it...

#81 Jave  OFFLINE  

Jave

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 7:54 pm

I placed one order with Solutions and one with Norm Thompson yesterday. Both were cancelled today. I would actually have paid Norm Thompson over $20 on my order. Guess they didn't want to lose the $10 - so they lost $30.

#82 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 7:55 pm

I placed one order with Solutions and one with Norm Thompson yesterday. Both were cancelled today. I would actually have paid Norm Thompson over $20 on my order. Guess they didn't want to lose the $10 - so they lost $30.

Same here, and think of how many more times that is going to happen... not good business IMO

#83 asilenceblossom  OFFLINE  

asilenceblossom

Adopt a dog from your local shelter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 7:59 pm

The lady told me that the code was only intended for people who recently placed orders (within the last few weeks) and didn't get their package or received it late...sounds like they are full of BS..oh, and this is after the first representative just told me that they were all out of tiki tissue holders and would not have any more until this time next year...BS!

#84 musiang  OFFLINE  

musiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 8:23 pm

I reported them to BBB (Better business bureau) , that is what I would recommend for getting back at them. This WAS a legal code. It should not matter where or how we got it.

#85 Themop75  OFFLINE  

Themop75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 8:23 pm

Check your credit card statements...urghhh....they cancelled my order and they still charged my card:mad: .

#86 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 8:57 pm

I reported them to BBB (Better business bureau) , that is what I would recommend for getting back at them. This WAS a legal code. It should not matter where or how we got it.

Yes, I like this idea... after all it is my civic duty to warn others....;)

#87 scarface  OFFLINE  

scarface

(-_o)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 9:08 pm

Check your credit cards. I don't know if this was posted yet but for people who paid, this is still on my credit card statements. Calling them now to report it.

#88 u4eagirl2000  OFFLINE  

u4eagirl2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 12:30 am

I sent them an email stating that if they continued to charge people's cards after cancelling their order, I will basically get a petition together with thousands of names to send to the BBB;)

#89 fkw1111  OFFLINE  

fkw1111

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 3:02 am

:curse: Cancelled too! I will be checking my credit card and reporting them to BBB.

#90 triplestar  OFFLINE  

triplestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 5:48 am

My order got cancel too, what everybody did was legal, the company is not honoring their coupon, which is illegal. I say we all write to Oregan's Attorney General Office, good thing about Attorney General is that work for the consumer for free.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users