Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

DEAD!! $10 off of $10 @ NormThompson.com

112 replies to this topic

#91 wild4mn  OFFLINE  

wild4mn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 3:27 pm

They cancelled my order both at NT and at Solutions without explaining why. Im not too happy about that. They said "product has been cancelled and will not ship."

#92 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 3:28 pm

Just got off the phone with their customer service.Both of my orders have been cancelled also. She said that somebody hacked into their system and fraudulently got a coupon that they give out if an item you ordered is out of stock. She said that they have thousands of people calling them trying to get items for free... Oh, well, it sounded like a great deal... I am bummed!

#93 Screwu2man  OFFLINE  

Screwu2man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 3:29 pm

I got Cancelled also. :rolleyes:

#94 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 3:29 pm

They cancelled my order both at NT and at Solutions without explaining why. Im not too happy about that. They said "product has been cancelled and will not ship."

I asked the customer service lady if they were connected and she said that yes they were the same company. I told her that they are getting alot of bad publicity due to these orders being cancelled. She really didn't seem to care.....

#95 triplestar  OFFLINE  

triplestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 4:05 pm

Cancel too, but no refund on credit card yet?

#96 musiang  OFFLINE  

musiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 4:25 pm

I was told that anyone with the code, thier orders were being cancelled. I have turned them in to BBB, as they want to go ahead with my order, but at full price and not even the free shipping. I was so pissed! The guy I talked to even admitted it was a legal and valid code at the time of use, so who knows. I only had 3 orders between the 2 places, but who knows!

#97 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 4:27 pm

Their CS lady and myself had a heated conversation due to her saying it was a fraudulent coupon.... I asked her if she was accusing me of fraud ... she did not take it very well....

#98 Kara1204  OFFLINE  

Kara1204

Think Pink!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 4:31 pm

I was told that anyone with the code, thier orders were being cancelled. I have turned them in to BBB, as they want to go ahead with my order, but at full price and not even the free shipping. I was so pissed! The guy I talked to even admitted it was a legal and valid code at the time of use, so who knows. I only had 3 orders between the 2 places, but who knows!

Do I understand your post correctly....they are FORCING you to go through with the order at full price and fully intend to charge your credit card????

#99 Kara1204  OFFLINE  

Kara1204

Think Pink!

• 1,234 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 4:32 pm

My orders at both places were cancelled, too. I am going not to see if there was a charge made to my credit card.

#100 Themop75  OFFLINE  

Themop75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 6:14 pm

My order from solutions.com was cancelled. I got an email from Norm saying that my order had been shipped. I wonder if it's really going to ship now....hmmmm.

#101 sbsahm  OFFLINE  

sbsahm

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 7:20 pm

:mad: My orders were cancelled too

#102 jdoug  OFFLINE  

jdoug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 9:54 pm

I ordered the die cast car after being told my first order was no longer in stock. Got confirmation e mail yesterday saying the car is in stock and will be shipped soon, then today got another e mail saying my order was canceled. Will never order from this site again.:rant:

#103 alimfp  OFFLINE  

alimfp

Meow.

• 5,606 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 10:35 pm

How the heck can they charge you full price when you agreed to X amount (whatever your receipt shows)? That makes no sense to me at all. Otherwise some crappy online merchants would be doing this bait and switch with coupons (that are suddenly 'bad'). Please. For all we know the coupon was meant for a select few. When the orders poured in from people it was not intended for, they cancelled them. Why not? Sorry but I don't understand why people get in a huff over this. Read their 'terms & conditions' on their web site, almost ALL merchants online say they can and will cancel orders for whatever reason. They have every legal right to do so, just like you have every right to call in and cancel an order if you change your mind/find it at a lower price elsewhere/etc. The emails saying the item(s) would ship soon were automated, they were sent out within minutes or a few hours of you placing the order(s). It's not someone sitting in the ordering dept going over inventory, making sure the coupon was valid and then sending out the emails. They didn't realize the coupon had been misused until today, obviously. I only posted this because I found it elsewhere and whoever put it on the other site listed no restrictions. Like I said above, it was obviously intended for a select few and someone took advantage, then let it out to the unknowing population (us). Big deal, happens every single day. With that said, I agree - an explanation IN the emails we rec'd today would have been nice.

#104 alimfp  OFFLINE  

alimfp

Meow.

• 5,606 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 18, 2006 - 10:39 pm

Just got off the phone with their customer service.Both of my orders have been cancelled also. She said that somebody hacked into their system and fraudulently got a coupon that they give out if an item you ordered is out of stock.

And there's your answer folks. Not sure I believe it 100% (not doubting the person that posted, doubting the CSR they talked with). The term 'hack' is used quite broadly. :rolleyes: I think it's probably more along the lines of - someone got something cancelled, got coupon code for $10 off, used it, then sent the code to a friend and you know the story from there.

So blame the dolt that initially spread the coupon around. And now, I am no longer posting "coupon" deals as I dislike when people throw hissy fits (I see enough from my kids). :rotflol: :rolleyes:

#105 u4eagirl2000  OFFLINE  

u4eagirl2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 12:48 am

And there's your answer folks. Not sure I believe it 100% (not doubting the person that posted, doubting the CSR they talked with). The term 'hack' is used quite broadly. :rolleyes: I think it's probably more along the lines of - someone got something cancelled, got coupon code for $10 off, used it, then sent the code to a friend and you know the story from there.

So blame the dolt that initially spread the coupon around. And now, I am no longer posting "coupon" deals as I dislike when people throw hissy fits (I see enough from my kids). :rotflol: :rolleyes:

I am not so angered by the fact they cancelled my order. However, they are still charging my credit card along with many others. They can't be allowed to do that!

#106 alimfp  OFFLINE  

alimfp

Meow.

• 5,606 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 12:53 am

Technically if you call and ask them, the charge is dropped, but then it takes 7-10 days for your CC co. to reverse it completely. At least that is what I was told (that it was dropped).

#107 u4eagirl2000  OFFLINE  

u4eagirl2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 1:57 am

Usually on my card I see the charge dropped immediately.

#108 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 5:52 am

I am not so angered by the fact they cancelled my order. However, they are still charging my credit card along with many others. They can't be allowed to do that!

That is my beef.. they charged my credit card and it is still on there,, usually I don't see the charge until they tell me the item has been shipped...

#109 oliviasgrace  OFFLINE  

oliviasgrace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 7:41 am

i am very upset that they: A-- charged my credit card pretty quickly! B-- sent an email simply saying "order canceled", without explanation C--charged...and never got anything...now I have to WAIT to get my money back? shouldn't have taken it if they weren't filling orders, in my opinion. :confused: :confused:

#110 Kara1204  OFFLINE  

Kara1204

Think Pink!

• 1,234 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 9:53 am

From the "mouth" of the one who started the post that led to the "hissy fits" here. I, for one, believe that we have a right to be upset. Especially the ones who are still showing a charge on their cards. If the responses and order confirmations are automated, then the credits on people's cards should be, too. I vote we close this chapter and move on. There are plenty of other deals to be had from online merchants that we have all heard of and dealt with before. Who ever heard of Solutions and Norm Thompson before 2 days ago???? There is a lesson to be learned here, people. Deal with names you know and trust.

"Stepping down off the soapbox"

#111 cubbeegirl  OFFLINE  

cubbeegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 3:07 pm

From the "mouth" of the one who started the post that led to the "hissy fits" here. I, for one, believe that we have a right to be upset. Especially the ones who are still showing a charge on their cards. If the responses and order confirmations are automated, then the credits on people's cards should be, too. I vote we close this chapter and move on. There are plenty of other deals to be had from online merchants that we have all heard of and dealt with before. Who ever heard of Solutions and Norm Thompson before 2 days ago???? There is a lesson to be learned here, people. Deal with names you know and trust.

"Stepping down off the soapbox"

I agree... it happened , nothing we can do about it, now time to move on the bigger and better deals...
And to the OP , it would have been a great deal and I know that you had no idea about the coupon.

#112 soonerland  OFFLINE  

soonerland

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 4:12 pm

They canceled my order because I wasn't one of their prefered customers who got the code. I was told to join their email newsletter and then I can use future codes.

#113 alimfp  OFFLINE  

alimfp

Meow.

• 5,606 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 19, 2006 - 4:42 pm

I agree... it happened , nothing we can do about it, now time to move on the bigger and better deals...

I agree 110%!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users