Magnetix Sets & Extra Parts $6.99 & up ($19.99 & up) @ Amazon

noehlp

Magnetix main link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_6_0/102-4300046-1478521?ie=UTF8&keywords=Magnetix&rh=n%3A165793011%2Ck%3AMagnetix%2Cp%5F6%3AATVPDKIKX0DER&page=1

All below are eligibile for FREE SUPER SAVER SHIPPING on orders $25+

Magnetix 70 Count, Metallic Gold

THEY RAISED THE PRICE BACK TO ORIGINAL PRICE $19.99

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0001KU8R4.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

MAGNETIX 60 COUNT 'X-TREME' SQUARES - MIXED PACK

NOW $6.99 Was $19.99

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0007UB5UC.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Magnetix 70 Count, Metallics Mix

NOW $6.99 Was $19.99

No picture available

Magnetix 60 Count Extreme Combo

NOW $6.99 Was $19.99

No picture available

MAGNETIX 70 COUNT-CLEAR

NOW $6.99 Was $19.99

No picture available

MAGNETIX NEW PARTS COMBO 60 PC WITH EXTENDERS

NOW $6.99 Was $19.99

No picture available

MAGNETIX 60 COUNT- TRIANGLE/SQUARE COMBO PACK

NOW $6.99 Was $19.99

No picture available

MAGNETIX SUPER EXTENDER & LINKING BARS 60 COUNT COMBO

NOW $6.99 Was $19.99

No picture available

MAGNETIX 90 COUNT LIGHT CUBES-CLEAR

NOW $9.99 Was $29.99

No picture available

MAGNETIX 150 COUNT PASTEL

NOW $12.99 Was $39.99

No picture available

MAGNETIX 200 PC BOX PRIMARY RODS

NOW $16.99 Was $49.99

No picture available

Thanks!!! These darn things are usually sooo expensive and my DS3 just discovered them and loves them! When he plays with these is the only time he stays focused on one thing for more than 10 minutes!! lol I bought the gold set for him and the pastel set for DD7 who is now way over the limit,lol.

Wonderful! I have been looking at these for my 5 year old nephew's gift and you just made up my mind.

Does anyone have a recommendation of which set(s) I should buy?

I was thinking either the 60 Count Xtreme Combo with one or two of the following:

MAGNETIX NEW PARTS COMBO 60 PC WITH EXTENDERS

MAGNETIX SUPER EXTENDER & LINKING BARS 60 COUNT COMBO

MAGNETIX 60 COUNT- TRIANGLE/SQUARE COMBO PACK

or the MAGNETIX 200 PC BOX PRIMARY RODS

I went on the website to try to decide and I am now completely overwhelmed! :eek:

Thanks!

EmE2006

I like the 70 piece gold set because we bought our 5yo the silver set to start and he loved it. That way if he wants colors, curves, longer pieces or whatever --- he can buy more later. Thats the beauty of it... they all work together! Hope that helps :)

Sorry, forgot to tell you that my son(who now is 6yo) has multiple sets now. He has a case they go in. DH and DS play for hours with these things.

I will note one warning our family has experienced. Make sure you clean up all the pieces. If you step on one of those medal balls with your heel--- OuCh!!! --- It takes about a month to feel better cuz it bruises the bone.

:D Happy Shopping! :D

Okay....this warning is freaky. Make sure your child is old enough if you buy these (and there are no small kids in the house)

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 31, 2006

Release #06-127 Firm’s Recall Hotline: (800) 779-7122

CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772

CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

Child’s Death Prompts Replacement Program of Magnetic Building Sets

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: All Magnetix Magnetic Building Sets

Units: About 3.8 million

Importer: Rose Art Industries Inc., of Livingston, N.J.

Hazard: Tiny magnets inside the plastic building pieces and rods can fall out. Magnets found by young children can be swallowed or aspirated. If more than one magnet is swallowed, the magnets can attract to each other and cause intestinal perforation or blockage, which can be fatal. This product is unsuitable for young children.

Incidents/Injuries: CPSC is aware of 34 incidents involving small magnets, including one death and four serious injuries. A 20-month-old boy died after he swallowed magnets that twisted his small intestine and created a blockage. Three children ages ranging from 3 to 8 had intestinal perforations that required surgery and hospitalization in intensive care. A 5-year-old child aspirated two magnets that were surgically removed from his lung.

Description: All Magnetix magnetic building sets including the X-treme Combo, Micro, and Extreme sets. The sets contain 20 to 200 plastic building pieces and 20 to 100 1/2-inch diameter steel balls. The building pieces are red, yellow, blue and green, and are shaped in 1 1/2-inch squares, 1-inch triangles and cylinder rods. Some plastic building pieces have “Magnetix” imprinted on them.

Sold at: Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Fred Meyer, Design Science Toys Ltd., A.C. Moore, and other toy and arts and crafts stores nationwide. The Magnetix magnetic building sets were sold from September 2003 through March 2006 for between $20 and $60, depending on the size of the set. The replacement program does not include sets at retail.

Manufactured in: China

Remedy: Consumers should stop using the magnetic sets and return the sets to Rose Art for a free replacement product suitable for young children under the age of 6. Consumers should be sure to keep all small magnet parts out of the hands of children who mouth objects, especially children under the age of three.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Rose Art at (800) 779-7122 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit Rose Art’s Web site at www.roseart.com

Magnetix main link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_6_0/102-4300046-1478521?ie=UTF8&keywords=Magnetix&rh=n%3A165793011%2Ck%3AMagnetix%2Cp%5F6%3AATVPDKIKX0DER&page=1

All below are eligibile for FREE SUPER SAVER SHIPPING on orders $25+

Magnetix 70 Count, Metallic Gold

NOW $6.99 Was $19.99

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0001KU8R4.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Shows this as $19.99 now :(

EmE -- That is alful :no: I didn't realize their was a recall.

The ones we use do not have anything small with the connector links, they are all medal and then the solid balls which are the size of marbles. Kinda why I suggesed the gold one (After 2 years of playing with various types of just the solid medal ones we haven't had any safety issues other than stepping on them)... but its back to normal price.

Now, that said. If these are under such a lawsuit/recall -- why is Amazon selling them if they are known for the suit/recall and danger? :confused:

Anybody?:confused: :confused: :confused:

If these are under such a lawsuit/recall -- why is Amazon selling them if they are known for the suit/recall and danger? :confused:

The recall has been in place for awhile. They're still being sold at the major stores, which I'm sure is why Amazon is still selling them.

We have some, and like any small toys their is a choking hazard since the pieces could be swallowed and some of the rods do lose their magnets. My 4 & 7 year olds play with them all the time and have for a couple of years.

EmE -- That is alful :no: I didn't realize their was a recall.

The ones we use do not have anything small with the connector links, they are all medal and then the solid balls which are the size of marbles. Kinda why I suggesed the gold one (After 2 years of playing with various types of just the solid medal ones we haven't had any safety issues other than stepping on them)... but its back to normal price.

Now, that said. If these are under such a lawsuit/recall -- why is Amazon selling them if they are known for the suit/recall and danger? :confused:

Anybody?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't think these are the recalled ones. They wouldn't be allowed to sell them. They are probably just clearancing these ones out and making new shapes and colors. I think it is a given that you don't let any child that doesn't know better than to put toys in their mouth play with these! It is the parents fault! That is like letting your kid play with dimes.....if they swallow them are you going to sue the government and make them recall the dime??

DUH! If you're kids knows better these are great! If they don't know better (NO MATTER WHAT AGE!) don't buy them!

The recall has been in place for awhile. They're still being sold at the major stores, which I'm sure is why Amazon is still selling them.

We have some, and like any small toys their is a choking hazard since the pieces could be swallowed and some of the rods do lose their magnets. My 4 & 7 year olds play with them all the time and have for a couple of years.

My son has played with them since the age of 4. We trust him more with them now at 6 but his Dad usually plays with him so their isn't too much of a worry there.

You have to watch anything...

Only the ones that have the small magnets that fall out of the end were recalled. Not ALL magnetix are recalled. You could email amazon.com and ask but this is usually the case with all recalled toys!

I think it is a given that you don't let any child that doesn't know better than to put toys in their mouth play with these! It is the parents fault! That is like letting your kid play with dimes.....if they swallow them are you going to sue the government and make them recall the dime??

DUH! If you're kids knows better these are great! If they don't know better (NO MATTER WHAT AGE!) don't buy them!

I agree!

Sorry to OP if I got off topic too much.