I know what Wal mart did!

sinvids

Target has the same policy, I sure don't see it hurting them. And so does Kmart for that matter.

Most of my shopping has been at TRU this season, and everytime I've been asked if I need a gift receipt. It's really not that difficult to tape a gift receipt to the gift, in case something is wrong with it. Takes an extra 5 seconds of time.

Heck, even Walmart has started buckling down on their return policy. It's a sign of the times.

Refusing to shop at a store because of their return policy is just stupid. People have been complaining about TRU's return policy for months now, but everytime I've walked in there this season, they've been packed, so I doubt most of those complainers are actually "boycotting" TRU.

We have a few choices around here, and IMO, WM is always a last-resort for me. I prefer Target by a landslide, and ever since WM cut prices on toys earlier in the "season", Target has been cutting prices to match (for the most part).

I agree! I found that on a lot of items, Target was actually cheaper than WM. I bought my dd a fisher price animal set for a barn I bought her for Christmas and it was $1.00 cheaper at Target. It was an $8.00 toy, so I thought that was quite a difference.

Target has the same policy, I sure don't see it hurting them. And so does Kmart for that matter.

Most of my shopping has been at TRU this season, and everytime I've been asked if I need a gift receipt. It's really not that difficult to tape a gift receipt to the gift, in case something is wrong with it. Takes an extra 5 seconds of time.

Heck, even Walmart has started buckling down on their return policy. It's a sign of the times.

Refusing to shop at a store because of their return policy is just stupid. People have been complaining about TRU's return policy for months now, but everytime I've walked in there this season, they've been packed, so I doubt most of those complainers are actually "boycotting" TRU.

WOW Im "Stupid", well Merry Christmas to you too!

Anyways, just so you know Target does not have th same policy and neither does Walmart. Here is Targets off their website, see they have this great system that can look up your purchase if you dont have your receipt. I think if TRU was smart they would invest in that also.

Im my opinion TRU will be closed within 5 years.....Althought that may be "stupid" too.

TARGET RETURN POLICY WITHOUT RECEIPT

In most instances, Target stores can verify purchases made within the last 90 days on a store account, third-party charge account, check or GiftCard using our unique Receipt Look-up system.

That is true - Target can look up every transaction except cash. It is great because I purchase pretty much everything with a credit card. I just give them the card and they run it through their system and find my transaction - simple as that. I have trouble keeping track of my receipts so I really prefer this system.

I don't shop at TRU for many reasons and the only time our TRU is busy is during Christmas. I don't think that will sustain them throughout the year.

Refusing to shop at a store because of their return policy is just stupid.

I absolutely disagree. I maintain a Costco membership and make many of my more important purchases there simply BECAUSE of their outstanding return policy. In the XBox360 thread someone said that they bought their game system there for the same exact reason. I'd hardly call it stupid. Some people like a company that stands behind the products it sells.

It is also for that same reason that I never have and never would make a registry at Target and recommend that my friends follow suit. At stores like WalMart and Target I basically only buy things like paper goods and cleaning supplies that I would never return anyway.

It does not hurt the majority of the sales, but you can bet they see a hit from it. On the other hand, they don't have the losses to write off. It's all based on the type of clientele that shops at the store, really. Costco obviously hasn't suffered for their liberal return policy.

I finally caved and went into WalMart yesterday. It was on the way home from a birthday party and I needed flour and sugar for baking and WM is cheaper than the grocery store. Hubby waited in the car with the napping kids and I went in. It was extremely empty for the second to last Sunday before Christmas. There were no crowds to fight and no lines at the four open checkouts. I had to wait behind one person. If this keeps up, WM is going to be in serious trouble. I was in Target on Saturday evening and it was busy, but not as busy as would be expected. I wonder if online shopping is having an impact?

I went in at lunch at ours today...was not like that at all..busy busy busy. I went in through the garden center I needed a key made went to the sporting goods counter was #4 in line, but everyone in front of me only had one item so that didnt take long. Then I went and got dog food and washing powder and headed right back out throught the garden center.

WOW Im "Stupid", well Merry Christmas to you too!

Anyways, just so you know Target does not have th same policy and neither does Walmart. Here is Targets off their website, see they have this great system that can look up your purchase if you dont have your receipt. I think if TRU was smart they would invest in that also.

Im my opinion TRU will be closed within 5 years.....Althought that may be "stupid" too.

TARGET RETURN POLICY WITHOUT RECEIPT

In most instances, Target stores can verify purchases made within the last 90 days on a store account, third-party charge account, check or GiftCard using our unique Receipt Look-up system.

I just returned something the other day without a reciept at Target (I apparently paid cash because they couldn't find it on my credit card) and they gave me a mechandise credit

I think a return policy is a very good reason to decide on a store, so I guess I am "stupid" too. This year I only purchased 2 presents at TRU and that was because Target did not have them and it is because of the return policy. In past years I purchased most presents at TRU, not anymore.

I didn't know it was "stupid" to be able to return a defective item if a person does not give you a gift reciept.

I've been able to return a defective item, without a receipt -- cash purchase, at Target -- in exchange for another of the item -- with no problems whatsoever. I have also never had a problem returning at WM.

wal-mart is my dry goods store.... shampoo laundry detergent soap that kind of thing there clothes are not good quality

I totally agree!!! I bought sleepers for my toddler last winter on clearance at both K-mart and Walmart. She WILL NOT wear the ones from walmart anymore. They all still fit but the ones from walmart are rough inside and out. The ones from k-mart are still soft and are her favorite. She has a mind of her own at the ripe old age of 2 or just knows better quality. So for next season none of her sleepers will be from walmart!!

I agree, they haven't been nearly as busy. Makes life less aggravating for me, anyway.

Last night, I still saw some of the basket displays full of BF "deals," believe it or not. :rolleyes:

yep so does our, they had the dvr that was 100 on black friday marked down to 75 then they put it to 50 for a day when I got up there the price was back up to 75....at least my brother got a good deal......still hoping it goes down again

I absolutely disagree. I maintain a Costco membership and make many of my more important purchases there simply BECAUSE of their outstanding return policy. In the XBox360 thread someone said that they bought their game system there for the same exact reason. I'd hardly call it stupid. Some people like a company that stands behind the products it sells.

It is also for that same reason that I never have and never would make a registry at Target and recommend that my friends follow suit. At stores like WalMart and Target I basically only buy things like paper goods and cleaning supplies that I would never return anyway.

It does not hurt the majority of the sales, but you can bet they see a hit from it. On the other hand, they don't have the losses to write off. It's all based on the type of clientele that shops at the store, really. Costco obviously hasn't suffered for their liberal return policy.

OMG I love COSTCO!! They are my fav store, for numerous reasons, but there return policy is one of them. As a matter of fact. I had purchased my son the vsmile there, I found it a little cheaper somewhere else, but because of there great return policy I felt it would be a better idea to get it there, incase it stops working in three months, costco will take it back.

I just returned something the other day without a reciept at Target (I apparently paid cash because they couldn't find it on my credit card) and they gave me a mechandise credit

I think a return policy is a very good reason to decide on a store, so I guess I am "stupid" too. This year I only purchased 2 presents at TRU and that was because Target did not have them and it is because of the return policy. In past years I purchased most presents at TRU, not anymore.

I didn't know it was "stupid" to be able to return a defective item if a person does not give you a gift reciept.

Thanks I feel better Im not the only stupid one:)

I think TRU won't be open for long.When ever you go in a toys r us not many people are in there at all. I use to shop in there all the time,not any more.They dont care how they treat anyone. I bet it won't be open in 2 years. Lets see who is stupid then.

I think TRU won't be open for long.When ever you go in a toys r us not many people are in there at all. I use to shop in there all the time,not any more.They dont care how they treat anyone. I bet it won't be open in 2 years. Lets see who is stupid then.

It seems to me that this has gotten a little off thread;I had to scroll back to the top to see what the topic was suppose to be about.

In reference to Costco and other warehouse clubs; when you purchase items there you have to me a member which means they can scan your card to see when an item was purchased thus not having a problem returning anything.

In reference to Costco and other warehouse clubs; when you purchase items there you have to me a member which means they can scan your card to see when an item was purchased thus not having a problem returning anything.

Yes, but they take back anything at any time with the exception of computers, which have a 6 month return policy. I can return something from there 5 years later and they will take it back. My uncle returned open software and they gave him his money back no questions asked. I was shocked that they did that because I've never encountered a place with such a liberal policy. It was shortly after that when I decided to get a membership.