pixter or leapster???

I have no experience with the pixter...but I know we wanted to get until we found a great deal on the leapster bundle 2 yrs ago. My daughter STILL LOVES it! We are upgrading her to the LMax this Xmas though as it will play all her regular leapster games still and we got her a few new Lmax ones too. We'll save her leapster for her older sister to play occassionally or for her baby brother when he gets old enough...its pink, so hope he won't mind too much. lol

If I am correct I believe the Pixter is more of an artsy/ game type system and the leapster is more of an educational type system. I only have experience with the pixter. Dd's has paint type things along with a few games that we purchased one was a barbie fashion designer. I have one stored for my ds2 that he will be getting for his birthday I purchased 4 games for him that again are more arcade/interactive. I don't know if this will have any influence on which system you purchase but I thought you might want to know.;)

• 2 weeks later...
We bought Pixter 2 years ago and my son still plays with it, but we are getting Leapster this year cause it does quite a bit more...I guess it depends if you are looking for more of a play toy or more of an educational toy...both are fun and both have learning qualities, but Leapster is MORE educational

We have both Pixter and Leapster. The Leapster is played with much more. The games are more educational and "fun" for the little ones (my son is 6). He still plays Pixter but will reach for the Leapster first. Also the games really grow with the child. Hope this helps.

My Dd also has Pixter and Leapster. Leapster wins hands down. Even my almost 11 year old wil play it sometimes. Leapster is a system that grows with your child and the difficultylevel advances as they become more proficient. We have the older Leapster not the L-Max, but we have also had it for 4 years and it is still being used. DD got one when she was 4.

I bought the Leapster for my son when he was 3. It got very little use, until now (age 5) he won't put it down! I purchased one at WalMart this year for my 3 year old daughter because she always wants to play with her brother's. There was a bundle deal at WalMart where you bought the Leapster and received a carrying case as well as the "Letterpillar" game for less than $60.