Gift ideas for boyfriend of almost 2 yrs

krolyat

Looking for some additional gift ideas for my boyfriend of almost 2 years. I have a few things that I have already gotten him but I am looking for "that one thing" that will make him say WOW.

His likes:

Computers, electronics, somewhat in to cars (Spending limit $200)

All Ideas would be great and Thanks in advance :g_dance:

Also need some gift ideas for, a close friend (20yrs old - girl - spending limit $30) FOUND thanks to Saucywench (post #4)

What's your $$ limit?? One of the most memorable gifts I got my boyfriend was a weekend away from the city. Just one night in a cabin up on the mountain, breakfast the next day, and hiking around in the snow together before heading home. I made all the reservations before Christmas, and then decorated a card with pictures to give him an idea of where we were going....trees, snowflakes, sleds, a cabin, etc. When he gave me a puzzled look while reading the card I told him what the 'real' gift was, and he was thrilled. He still mentions it as his favorite Christmas gift. :)

how about naming a star after him? not sure of the budget you want to keep but the least expensive is the custom at $54+ S&H, deluxe $97 + S&H, Ultimate $139+ S&H they have other things on their site as well, and if you cant decide what to name the star you can buy the certificate and left him name it starting at $63.. my mom bought one years ago and it was a very touching gift she gave to her friend who had a son pass away. its different than the normal gift. Happy Holidays!

for the female friend what about this..The Make A Wish Star Keepsake Box $35...

This bright new star hold five stars - Dream, Peace, Hope and Love. The box itself features Swarovski® latest creations - aurora borealis crystals that give off a rainbow effect. And as always, a $5.00 donation will be made to the Make-A-Wish Foundation® with every box purchased. A thoughtful engraved message would make the gift complete.

mom has one of these- very nice set plus youre also donating to charity at the same time.

Is he into Nascar? You could get him a "nascar Experience".

http://www.findgift.com/cgi-bin/Gift_Wizard.cgi?m=Show_Gift&genid=301&whoid=1727&ageid=613&occid=6170&gpp=24&p=1&RURL=%2Fcgi-bin%2FGift_Wizard.cgi%3Fgenid%3D301%26whoid%3D1727%26ageid%3D613%26occid%3D6170&pid=69466

Tickets to his favorite teams-Game? Football/Hockey/whatever.

If you go to Findgift.com, they have a ton of ideas after you enter a little info about the person your buying the gift for.

:) Good luck!

How about one of the satellite radios for his car?

His car came with one of those but that would have been something that I would def. go for. Might just do it for myself though lol Thanks shopping mom.

What's your $$ limit?? One of the most memorable gifts I got my boyfriend was a weekend away from the city. Just one night in a cabin up on the mountain, breakfast the next day, and hiking around in the snow together before heading home. I made all the reservations before Christmas, and then decorated a card with pictures to give him an idea of where we were going....trees, snowflakes, sleds, a cabin, etc. When he gave me a puzzled look while reading the card I told him what the 'real' gift was, and he was thrilled. He still mentions it as his favorite Christmas gift. :)

I updated the first post with the spending limits of

Boyfriend - $200

Close friend - $30

Wow a night in a cabin would be a lot of fun.

for the female friend what about this..The Make A Wish Star Keepsake Box $35...

This bright new star hold five stars - Dream, Peace, Hope and Love. The box itself features Swarovski® latest creations - aurora borealis crystals that give off a rainbow effect. And as always, a $5.00 donation will be made to the Make-A-Wish Foundation® with every box purchased. A thoughtful engraved message would make the gift complete.

mom has one of these- very nice set plus youre also donating to charity at the same time.

Great idea with the Make A Wish Star Keepsake Box. Thanks

Is he into Nascar? You could get him a "nascar Experience".

http://www.findgift.com/cgi-bin/Gift_Wizard.cgi?m=Show_Gift&genid=301&whoid=1727&ageid=613&occid=6170&gpp=24&p=1&RURL=%2Fcgi-bin%2FGift_Wizard.cgi%3Fgenid%3D301%26whoid%3D1727%26ageid%3D613%26occid%3D6170&pid=69466

Tickets to his favorite teams-Game? Football/Hockey/whatever.

If you go to Findgift.com, they have a ton of ideas after you enter a little info about the person your buying the gift for.

:) Good luck!

Hmmm tickets would be good but his team isn't doing so hot lol. Thanks for the address to findgift.com :)

At Home Depot, the HUSKY Jumpstarter System is a really cool handy thing to have. $89 it has a jumpstarter, air compressor, work light, and a 12 volt power outlet. It has 400 watts of power so you can actually take this thing anywhere and plug smaller things into it. Laptop, cell phones. Handy for emergencies. I got my son one.

Home Depot won't go right to the link so do a search for Husky Jumpstarter System. It's got great reviews.

At Home Depot, the HUSKY Jumpstarter System is a really cool handy thing to have. $89 it has a jumpstarter, air compressor, work light, and a 12 volt power outlet. It has 400 watts of power so you can actually take this thing anywhere and plug smaller things into it. Laptop, cell phones. Handy for emergencies. I got my son one.

Home Depot won't go right to the link so do a search for Husky Jumpstarter System. It's got great reviews.

Hmm that might be worth a looking in to. Thanks Cassie :g_thumpsu

I got my DH a gps for the car but it was around $400...I am not sure if you want to go over your limit of if there are gps' for around $200 but if he likes his car, he might like one.

His car has a built in GPS system. I'm not too worried about going over the limit it's just that I've gotten him several other things and am still looking for the one big WOW gift.:holiday02

Hmm that might be worth a looking in to. Thanks Cassie :g_thumpsu

It's got really good reviews:

http://reviews.homedepot.com/1999/100096992/reviews.htm

http://toolmonger.com/2006/10/31/hands-on-huskys-portable-acdc-power-system-4/3/

I bought one for one of my sons who works on vehicles and camps alot. Then when I showed it to my other son who is a computer techy he said it was cool. You can even power a video game on it. lol