Amazon.com Vote For A Deal Round 3 is up!!

deelite

The rules have now changed:

Amazon Customers Vote FAQ

Round 3 Timeline

Voting Period: Sunday, Dec. 3, 9:00 a.m. PST - Tuesday, Dec. 5, 11:59 p.m. PST

Buying Period: Thursday, Dec. 7, 12:00 a.m. PST - 11:59 p.m. PST

General Questions

Has this promotion changed?

Yes. Due to the incredible volume of traffic stemming from the popularity of this feature, we have made some changes to Amazon Customers Vote.

What are the major changes?

You are eligible to buy only the deal that you voted for. Choose your deal carefully, because you will be eligible to receive a claim code for only the deal that you voted for. If you vote for the deal that gets the most votes in the end, you will be eligible to receive a claim code only for the winning deal. If you vote for one of the runner-up deals, you will be eligible to receive a claim code only for that deal, at the runner-up discount. (The runner-up discount won’t be as ridiculous as the winning discount, but it will still be pretty darn good.) Remember: as before, you can only vote once, and you cannot change your vote once you have made it.

You need an authorized credit card on your account. You will need to have an authorized credit card on file with Amazon.com in order to be eligible to receive a claim code. For Round 3, that means you must make sure you fulfill this requirement before voting closes. (You can read more about this in the Credit Card Authorization section.)

There is no more race to buy: the claim codes will be distributed only to randomly selected customers. There is an overwhelming demand for these great deals, and we want to ensure that all our customers have the same opportunity to get a claim code. We will randomly select a group of customers who voted for each item, and only those customers will receive a claim code to purchase that item at the Amazon Customers Vote discount during the 24-hour buying period. So you no longer have to worry about being at the site at a particular time of day to get a chance to purchase one of these great deals.

:holiday07 It is now by invitation only!!:holiday07

you can get the bike for 60.00 right now , check out the customer vote scroll down theyre offering week one prices guess not everyone that won ordered it.

Actually, you can get it for $50. because they're having a promotion - buy $80+ on sporting goods, receive $10.00 off. So you get it for 60 and they apply another $10. credit.

See that the rules have changed:)

They said that we (people who tried to win) kept crashing the servers so they had to change the rules. I thought Amazon could handle the traffic that they should have known was coming. Well, at least that means no more waiting by the cpu going refresh...refresh...refresh! :)

The rules have now changed:

Amazon Customers Vote FAQ

Round 3 Timeline

Voting Period: Sunday, Dec. 3, 9:00 a.m. PST - Tuesday, Dec. 5, 11:59 p.m. PST

Buying Period: Thursday, Dec. 7, 12:00 a.m. PST - 11:59 p.m. PST

General Questions

Has this promotion changed?

Yes. Due to the incredible volume of traffic stemming from the popularity of this feature, we have made some changes to Amazon Customers Vote.

What are the major changes?

You are eligible to buy only the deal that you voted for. Choose your deal carefully, because you will be eligible to receive a claim code for only the deal that you voted for. If you vote for the deal that gets the most votes in the end, you will be eligible to receive a claim code only for the winning deal. If you vote for one of the runner-up deals, you will be eligible to receive a claim code only for that deal, at the runner-up discount. (The runner-up discount won’t be as ridiculous as the winning discount, but it will still be pretty darn good.) Remember: as before, you can only vote once, and you cannot change your vote once you have made it.

You need an authorized credit card on your account. You will need to have an authorized credit card on file with Amazon.com in order to be eligible to receive a claim code. For Round 3, that means you must make sure you fulfill this requirement before voting closes. (You can read more about this in the Credit Card Authorization section.)

There is no more race to buy: the claim codes will be distributed only to randomly selected customers. There is an overwhelming demand for these great deals, and we want to ensure that all our customers have the same opportunity to get a claim code. We will randomly select a group of customers who voted for each item, and only those customers will receive a claim code to purchase that item at the Amazon Customers Vote discount during the 24-hour buying period. So you no longer have to worry about being at the site at a particular time of day to get a chance to purchase one of these great deals.

:holiday07 It is now by invitation only!!:holiday07

:confused: How do I get to the Credit Card Authorization section?

:confused: How do I get to the Credit Card Authorization section?

How can I tell if I have a valid credit card on file?

On the Your Account page, click “Edit or delete a payment method” under the “Payment Settings” heading. You will see the last few digits and the expiration dates for all of the credit cards that you have on file with us. Make sure that at least one of the credit cards is not expired. Check with your banking institution if you have any questions as to the validity of the card.

How can I add a valid credit card to my account if I don’t have one on file?

On the Your Account page, click “Manage Your Address Book” (which is listed in the “Personal Information” header in the “Account Settings” section). See example.

Make sure that your credit card billing address is listed as one of the addresses on this page. (If it is not listed, click the “Enter a New Address” button at the top of the page in order to add your credit card billing address.) See example.

Click the “Edit 1-Click settings for this address” button in the box to the right of your credit card billing address. See example.

On the following page, you will be prompted to add the number, card type, name, and expiration date associated with your credit card.

ps. I had to do the same :yup:

They said that we (people who tried to win) kept crashing the servers so they had to change the rules. I thought Amazon could handle the traffic that they should have known was coming. Well, at least that means no more waiting by the cpu going refresh...refresh...refresh! :)

I have to make a comment here. My daughter is very good friends with a guy who actually works for Amazon and is a computer engineer and part of the group working on this promotion. They stress and load tested their servers for several weeks before the first one (with the xBox). For a couple days before and during it, these guys were working 12-14 hour days getting ready for this (and since they are salaried, they get no overtime pay for this!). They expected about 1-2 million hits.......they got 3-4 times that many. Not only did it clog the buffers they had built in, but spilled over onto the website servers as well and caused problems for people trying to order regular items. BTW....the xbox sold out in 19 seconds! And no, the employees didn't get any consideration. In fact, I don't think they were even allowed to purchase them.

Second week.......they did even more stress and load testing and changed the process a bit. Guess what......they got tons of people, but this time it was the robots that people were using to reload every millisecond that literally blew up the system that the promotion was on. They were trying to protect their regular site for people not involved in it, and because of the 'bots, they had problems. Oh.....portable DVD sold out in 4 seconds this time. Neither my daughter nor myself could get through.

Because of all the moaning and complaining and threatening lawsuits that everybody was doing on their site forums, and for the sanity of the people working on it, they decided to change the rules. Had people been a little less greedy and not "cheated", things might have not gone as bad. So that's why the rules changed. These guys really tried, but couldn't satisfy anybody.

Sorry, but since I know a little about what was happening behind the scenes I felt that I needed to speak up in defense of the guys trying to make this promotion fly. You guys are actually very nice compared to the things being said on the Amazon forums themselves! DD claims that her friend doesn't get paid near enough for what is expected of him there! Plus he doesn't get the discount that you would expect. In fact, it's pretty chintzy.

I voted but I have even less chance at that than I did getting through with the masses since I never win anything at all. So it doesn't really matter. What I voted for I won't buy at the runner up price anyway.