Rumor Walmart Black Friday Round 2

As far as WalMart price matching they have a new policy. They will honor any price match as long as it is not a 4, 5 or 6 hour sale or percent off. I had this problem BF and this week with a sale that was from 4 to midnight. I told them they has always matched and she called the big manegar up and he said policy changed this year. I think they are digging themselves a big hole.....

that's not true. My Walmart had a huge sign up when you walked in the door that said they would PM anyone's add on BF .. and the WM I ended up in on BF had the same sign. I think WM policy on PMing is up to the individual store manager.

Our WM matched EVERYTHING. Only thing the manager that checked us out even did a double take on was that Best Buy had McCaffee Internet Security on sale for 4.99 and WM price was 39.99. But she looked over the ad and then sent it through for that amount and just commented "i think you guys just got the best deal of the day" but not at all in a snotty way.

Hello! Havent seen you in a while! :)

I've been crazy busy with school and kids! I didn't do too much BF planning this year because I knew I'd be in Florida. We went to Disney on BF afternoon, but I made sure to make it to Staples for 4am to get those laptops, lol.

The thought had somehow crossed my mind to go to WalMart this morning, but I regained my senses and went to BJ's and Target instead and finished almost all of my shopping. Now to find digital photo frames for mom and mil and get some giftcards from AAA for nieces and nephews and I'll be pretty much set. :)

I must say that I feel really good not having gone to WalMart. I will consider it my holiday challenge. :D

Sadly, I haven't been able to even shop yet for my kids (or anyone else!) because my finances are pitiful this year. So HOPEFULLY I will have some $$ by then and HOPEFULLY WM will come through with some decent deals on BF Round 2!!! :(

I know what you mean. I did most of my Christmas shopping for my 4 kids in Jan 2006 and just saved the stuff until now because I bought most of the toys at 75%. I did do some on-line shopping and BF because of the good deals posted on GD. I told my kids that we'll go do some more shopping after Xmas and they were understanding. Maybe you can try that with your kids too.

Good luck!:yup:

The layaway items must be picked up by December 8th this year (due to them no longer doing layaways after the first of the year), so if there is a BF Round 2 on the 15th that would give them time to discount the items not picked up.

I know lots of people don't like Wal-Mart...including me. However, where do you think all of those people would work if they didn't work at wal-mart? Do you really think you're hurting Wal-Mart by not shopping there? Don't get me wrong, I don't like their business practices either. It's basically the only place to shop where I live.

Can we start another thread with this please? I value all opinions, and am in definite agreement with several of you. HOWEVER, I am in this thread to see if BF #2 has been confirmed and what the latest rumors are.

Thanks! (I love a good debate, just not when I'm looking for something else)

Confirmed By my Brother. An Email came from Corp. Best Buy. They are to Redo do Schedules for the weekend of the 16th. The store will open at 6:00 am. Overtime was authorized if needed and the stores should be fully staffed. They said there will be a conference call on Monday At 7:00 am and all department managers and Store manager should be present. Something big is in the maken!!!!!!!! :cheesy:

OK, it's Tuesday.

Did you talk to your brother?

You seem to be one that may have "the scoop".

Please help us!(Boy, I get excited easily...)

I may speak for more than myself, when I say that I'm excited at the prospect of a Round II!

:gdlicklips:

Do you work at a locate Wal-Mart in Mpls? Do you know if they are marking down the layaway items for a sale on 12/18/06? Thanks!:yup:

I work at one south of the cities. I haven't heard anything along those lines. I do know we have two more sale ads coming out before Christmas but no clue on what's in them. Sorry.

I work at one south of the cities. I haven't heard anything along those lines. I do know we have two more sale ads coming out before Christmas but no clue on what's in them. Sorry.

well thats good news to hear...keep you eyes peeled..and let us know any other info you come across!!! TIA...

oh, and if they are planning on having this "bf2" sale it better be on Fri or Sat...i took off the next two weekends (fri and sat) specifically for this...if it doesnt pan out i can always use the time to wrap the presents i have and other stuff...

So I was in my local WalMart this evening and spent a considerable amount of time with the Customer Service Manager discussing a price of something I'd bought. Anyway, I joked that now that we knew each other so well, he should tell me the truth about whether they were having a Black Friday Part II. I'm so willing at this point to believe that it's going to happen, that when he said "Where did you hear that?", not "No" or even "No, not that I'm aware of," I almost hollered out, "Ah hah!" I feel like I can now go to meetings and announce my presence by saying, "Hello. My name is FourDreemz and I'm a shopaholic."

By the way, I was pleasantly surprised tonight by having not one, but two (!!) WalMart employees actually show me where things were that I was inquiring about, rather than just pointing the way from across the store!

The Sims? You need to make sure that what ever computer you get can play it. The Sims 1 should be easy to find, but the sims 2 require some pretty decent graphics power and processor. My 2 year old dell couldn't run the Sims 2 at all and it was state of the art when I bought it.