Rumor Walmart Black Friday Round 2

I'm not sure if this is a smart move for WM it's late in the season and many people have done their big item gifts if not already done all together. But if this is not a rumor I hope they have some good things that catch my eye. This better not be another secret sale let down.

Should be interesting if it is true. Have nothing else to shop for, so doubt I will go unless there is absolutely something I can't live without.

But honestly, a true procrastinator doesn't switch into gear until the 24th. The 15th is still too early. Just ask my DH! ;)

The only thing that would be worth selling is Women's clothes and Merry Christmas to my wife. Because, guys are the only ones who are making their shopping choices at that point!!

I guess I am the exception. My wife has 17 presents under the tree already and more to go. I shop for her all year and hide them at my mommy's house. :cheesy:

Sure makes sense. Anything and everything to pull those numbers up. If nothing else I would suspect at least the competitors will do see if the Sun. release of the Wii will bring up numbers enough and then will be forced to follow suit.

The WII isn't being released until Wednesday morning at 8:00 am.

I wonder if they will have some of the same items or different ones? I will have to skip this one. Walmart wasn't worth getting out of bed for me this year, but, i agree with the flasher lol that Best Buy is worth every minute.

But, hubby does wait till the last minute to do his shopping :tongue1:

The only thing that excites me about this is if it gets Best Buy and Circuit City to do extra deals like they did on BF. WalMart got the word out about the Secret Specials which prompted BB & CC to do the same and their sales turned out to better than Walmart's. Walmart just can't seem to get it together.

I'm not done shopping yet either. I always get a few impulse gifts at the last minute and I don't think the 15th is too late by any means.

Also my DH doesn't shop until the 24th either, LOL. I can't complain I always get everything I want - it is just never on sale.:D

The store manager of my Best Buy said that they'll be having a BF-like sale the weekend before Christmas (12/16-12/17). Considering how clueless they were going into Black Friday, I take that news with two big grains of salt.

I really dont care if they have another one or not after what i experienced on black friday. I had called my local walmart and was told by customer service that they would be honoring ALL bf ads. so what did i do. gave up my line at best buy and went to walmart just to be told at checkout. WE WILL NOT HONOR ANY OF BEST BUYS BLACK FRIDAY ADS. I asked to speak to the manager and told him what i was told by customer service and he replied that he will TRY to better educate his employess but he would still not honor anything in best buys ad.

NEVER AGAIN WILL I SHOP AT WALMART.

Rule of thumb when it comes to WM (or any store) honoring another store's ads. Call and speak with the day store manager and get his complete full name. Anybody else (even assistant sm) has absolutely no clue or they are "trained" to say it to pull you in, but can't be held responsible. The store manager can be held responsible, and they have to give it to you if they state it, your recourse is to complain to corporate. If the manager is wrong it comes out of his/her hide, and you get the deal. Trust me, their job is more important to them than not honoring an ad after they said they would. It works and saves you a lot of time and frustration.

I heard that they were gonna clearance anything they pulled of the shelves in lawaway and because ALOT of WM got stuck with so much excess BF items and returns, they were gonna try it again. My best friends BIL, just told him NOT to spend all his money before christmas, so I will just wait and see. I am always ready for a great deal, even if I must sacrifice and get it for myself...LOL :D

Confirmed By my Brother. An Email came from Corp. Best Buy. They are to Redo do Schedules for the weekend of the 16th. The store will open at 6:00 am. Overtime was authorized if needed and the stores should be fully staffed. They said there will be a conference call on Monday At 7:00 am and all department managers and Store manager should be present. Something big is in the maken!!!!!!!! :cheesy:

As far as WalMart price matching they have a new policy. They will honor any price match as long as it is not a 4, 5 or 6 hour sale or percent off. I had this problem BF and this week with a sale that was from 4 to midnight. I told them they has always matched and she called the big manegar up and he said policy changed this year. I think they are digging themselves a big hole.....

By December 15th, my shopping will have been long completed and the gifts will be wrapped.

I will be too, but it is shocking to find out how many people are last minute shoppers. Traditionally, the Saturday before Christmas is the biggest shopping day of the year. I'm assuming that this year will have some surprising last minute deals in due to the fact that Christmas is on a Monday.

If memory serves, it seems like rumors about these kind of things came out last year and where did it all go----NoWhErE!! I, along with everyone else, will just have to see it to believe it. You would think that if WalMart was going to do something liket this, they would start doing teasers or something to entice you into waiting and seeing what it is all about---so far nothing, which leads me to believe that it is nothing more than a gimmick.

If you think about the date that the rumored sale is suppose to be that is before the items that were able to be put on layaway are put back on the floor which they will not have run for.

So what they are attempting to do (if it happens) is unload merchanise before the clearance items hit the floor.

Opinion only:smart: