Looking for DVD camcorder

tkoran

I found one on QVC for about $400 shipped, but can't find any reviews on it. It's a Panasonic 1000x DVD Camcorder 2.5"Diag. LCD Bag& Accessories. Item #E01979 (this site won't let me post the link. Sorry).

Any suggestions/deals on one of these. DH is very technologically challenged so this would be a better option for him than something that needs to be transferred to DVD through another medium.

Thanks

Tami

ETA: I can't really afford to spend more than $400, but don't want it if it's poor quality.

I found one on QVC for about $400 shipped, but can't find any reviews on it. It's a Panasonic 1000x DVD Camcorder 2.5"Diag. LCD Bag& Accessories. Item #E01979 (this site won't let me post the link. Sorry).

Any suggestions/deals on one of these. DH is very technologically challenged so this would be a better option for him than something that needs to be transferred to DVD through another medium.

Thanks

Tami

ETA: I can't really afford to spend more than $400, but don't want it if it's poor quality.

Hi Tammy :) I know you requested info on the DVD recorder but have you considered the mini DV recorder? I researched this thoroughly, and learned from a few professional reviewers that the compression ratio, whatever that is, I think it has to do with image quality,your hubby will probably know, is actually better with the mini dv recorder than the DVD recorder. After researching all the models, I finally bought a canon and am very happy with it. I paid $213 total for it on buydig.com. They had the best price and are highly rated by consumers. I would highly recommend them. Hope this helps!:yup:

Hi Tammy :) I know you requested info on the DVD recorder but have you considered the mini DV recorder? I researched this thoroughly, and learned from a few professional reviewers that the compression ratio, whatever that is, I think it has to do with image quality,your hubby will probably know, is actually better with the mini dv recorder than the DVD recorder. After researching all the models, I finally bought a canon and am very happy with it. I paid $213 total for it on buydig.com. They had the best price and are highly rated by consumers. I would highly recommend them. Hope this helps!:yup:

TAMI, after reading thru your post again, I misunderstood and thought you said your husband was very knowledgeable on electronics. Sorry! Also, Sorry I misspelled your name in the previous post;) Also, if you have any more questions about my camcorder:yup: feel free to ask!

TAMI, after reading thru your post again, I misunderstood and thought you said your husband was very knowledgeable on electronics. Sorry! Also, Sorry I misspelled your name in the previous post;) Also, if you have any more questions about my camcorder:yup: feel free to ask!

Yes, they do record to a tape, but they can be transferred over to a blank DVD thru a DVD recorder. Do you have one? If not, you could purchase one with the $ you saved on the camcorder, just an idea:) You just plug the camcorder in to the dvd recorder and dub the tape onto the blank DVD. Just a thought!

Hi again!

Yes, we do have a DVD recorder, but DH gets upset pretty much everytime he uses it because he can never remember how it works that's why I was thinking the camcorders that record directly to DVD would be a better option for him. I would transfer the tapes myself, but with a full-time job, a 10 year old and a very demanding 4 year old, I just can't find the time to do it.

Hi again!

Yes, we do have a DVD recorder, but DH gets upset pretty much everytime he uses it because he can never remember how it works that's why I was thinking the camcorders that record directly to DVD would be a better option for him. I would transfer the tapes myself, but with a full-time job, a 10 year old and a very demanding 4 year old, I just can't find the time to do it.

Hey again:D I do understand - the DVD recorders can be tricky. It's just that the deciding factor for me was price, picture quality, etc. and the model I bought had high reviews. I was reading thru my posts and I don't know why I kept referring to the camcorder as the DVD recorder - I hope you understood that I was talking about the camcorder. DUH! My brain is foggy today...:cheesy:

Hey again:D I do understand - the DVD recorders can be tricky. It's just that the deciding factor for me was price, picture quality, etc. and the model I bought had high reviews. I was reading thru my posts and I don't know why I kept referring to the camcorder as the DVD recorder - I hope you understood that I was talking about the camcorder. DUH! My brain is foggy today...:cheesy:

P.S. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about when it comes to kids and time...I have a 19 yr old son, a 15 yr. old daughter, and a 7 year old son. I was just telling my husband last night that I am tired of feeling this way every year at Christmas time; we're not supposed to feel so stressed at Christmas!