Kohl's tips and deals - New clearance 2/12 and 2/13

Guest RealLivePrinces

Guest RealLivePrinces

Here's just a few random tips to add to my BF list:

1. Our big sale days are on Wednesdays and weekends. Even if you don't see it advertised, that's when you'll get our lowest prices of the week.

2. Most stores are open until at least 11pm every day until after the holidays. Overnight work generally starts at 10pm. Thus, if you come in Tuesday and Thursday nights and see an ad set team setting signs with lower prices, just tell the cashier and we'll honor them.

3. Quick Return Guide aka everything associates (or at least this one!) would like customers to know BEFORE returning an item.

4. Through December, every Wednesday is a senior's day. Also, you'll get 15% just for applying for a Kohl's charge instead of our usual 10%.

I'm a department supervisor on the west coast, so I usually get the ads a couple weeks in advance. If you'd like me to keep an eye out for something, let me know. :) I can also handle specific Customer Service, Jewelry and Beauty questions.

Ok if you are a senior and you go in on Wednesday and everything you want is 50% off, then you get the 15% senior discount on top of that, can you also use the 15% appreciation certificate that came in the mail on top of that or is that a no no?

This advertised biggest 50% off sale of the year yesterday and today - is that really the biggest that Kohl's has?

I have been a Kohl's customer for years and have the credit card with the perks and love Kohl's - fyi!:)

Ok if you are a senior and you go in on Wednesday and everything you want is 50% off, then you get the 15% senior discount on top of that, can you also use the 15% appreciation certificate that came in the mail on top of that or is that a no no?

This advertised biggest 50% off sale of the year yesterday and today - is that really the biggest that Kohl's has?

I have been a Kohl's customer for years and have the credit card with the perks and love Kohl's - fyi!:)

Don't get me wrong here, I LOVE Kohl's but this deal of "the biggest sale of the year" thing is getting old. That's the reason I stopped shopping so much from Jcpenney's. Every week is a HUGE sale, well how about just lowering the prices and you wouldn't spend so much in printing sale ads!!

Guest RealLivePrinces

No. We do not double dip our coupons. The only exception are employee discounts/Kohl's charge coupons, Kohl's Cash/Pick-a-Days and occasional special promotions for new account applications.

is that really the biggest that Kohl's has?

Our best, best ever are the Lowest Prices of the Season sales. I know most people see sales titles like that and dismiss it - but that one tells the truth. Combined, the Jewelry discount then was about 85% off. The four Estee Lauder brands were 20% off, and then coupons on top. It also goes on the longest.

But as 50% off goes, I do know there is some stuff going on sale that either never has before, or has never been more than 10-20% before and is now 30-40%. So I guess in that way, it's not false advertising.

We consider seniors to be at least 55. That's always sticky - I usually say "if you qualify, there's a senior discount today", and there's always women who get offended at even that. The men are pretty much "oo, more money off!" Heh.

I know the lowest pricest of the season sale in October is usually when I find the best deals. I hold off buying 'winter' clothes for it because it doesn't get too cold before then. I end up getting a lot of stuff for really good prices! I think they also have it in April?...sometime in the Spring.

Last year, after BF, the toys were on 50% off sale at least 2 more times if I recall correctly. They may have been the Wednesday only or the Night Owls/Early Birds they run on Friday and Saturday. But I know they did it again on less busy days, and I hope they do it again this year!

I thought the senior discount was 60. I always joke that my dad should go with me..my mom isn't old enough for it. lol

Ok, is it just me, or does it seem like Kohls is getting more and more "let's mark things up first, so we can then mark them down for a big advertised sale" ?? I used to find great prices at Kohls no matter where I turned, but now I never seem to find deals -- even the 80% off rack is still too high -- take little girls t-shirts; 50% off on a cotton t-shirt makes it $7??? Sorry but that's still much higher than I could find other places, and it's not a "name brand" of any sort either -- I've just stopped shopping there unless there's something seriously WOW to go in for. It's a shame too, b/c they have such nice selection, but I just can't make myself pay those prices -- and shoes have been disappointing too -- the kids shoe prices are like shopping at Stride Rite or Finish Line -- I wish they'd go back to the old way of doing business, but I guess there's overhead with all the new ones opening up etc...

Guest RealLivePrinces

Hee, no worries. And yeah, some of our prices are higher. But so is our quality of merchandise. Kohl's is dominated by designers... Liz Claiborne manages Axcess, apt9, Stamp 10, Villager (and fashion jewelry Trifari). Chaps, which we introduced a year ago I think, is both our highest priced and biggest selling brand - and it's a division of Ralph Lauren. So you're getting what you pay for. As far as direct markups, those are rare and usually happen in Fine Jewelry because as the cost of living goes up, so does the cost of gold and stones. Can't be helped.

I think if Chaps hadn't been such a success, we would've stayed at lower median prices. But when a brand outsells the goal for the year in about a month, I think Kohl's has to hear that as demand of higher quality (and thus higher priced) stuff. It's only gonna get bigger next year when Vera Wang's line debuts. That's another reason why most of the states have an interest-free Kohl's charge... there's 12 (or 16) times a year where you save just for using it.

I checked little girl's t-shirts. Chap's clearance was running about $6-7 bucks, but there was plenty of $2-5. We have to make money, too!

I have been eyeing the fiberbeds, featherbeds and down comforters. Are they going to go on sale again?

Yes. Let me see if I can get you a direct price and all that.

Hi RealLivePrincess,

I have been eyeing the fiberbeds, featherbeds and down comforters. Are they going to go on sale again?

In todays sale paper they are showing as a night owl/early bird special for Friday/Saturday.... any size .... down comforter/pillows/featherbed all in one set for $59.99. I am going to try to get a set for my sofa bed to make it at least tolerable!

Hee, no worries. And yeah, some of our prices are higher. But so is our quality of merchandise. Kohl's is dominated by designers... Liz Claiborne manages Axcess, apt9, Stamp 10, Villager (and fashion jewelry Trifari). Chaps, which we introduced a year ago I think, is both our highest priced and biggest selling brand - and it's a division of Ralph Lauren. So you're getting what you pay for. As far as direct markups, those are rare and usually happen in Fine Jewelry because as the cost of living goes up, so does the cost of gold and stones. Can't be helped.

I think if Chaps hadn't been such a success, we would've stayed at lower median prices. But when a brand outsells the goal for the year in about a month, I think Kohl's has to hear that as demand of higher quality (and thus higher priced) stuff. It's only gonna get bigger next year when Vera Wang's line debuts. That's another reason why most of the states have an interest-free Kohl's charge... there's 12 (or 16) times a year where you save just for using it.

I checked little girl's t-shirts. Chap's clearance was running about $6-7 bucks, but there was plenty of $2-5. We have to make money, too!

No, you're right; supply/demand -- I get that, I just miss when Kohls carried the less popular stuff, b/c pretty much everything was cheaper at Kohls, but it's just not that way for me anymore (being the type who doesn't care what the tag says; esp for my kids, kwim? So long as it's not made of something awful, the name brand isn't an issue)

Hey princess...

My husband said he saw a commercial this morning that showed a video camera for $150. Can you confirm this for me? Thanks for your help.

According to the ad that came in my paper this AM......

Digital Video recorder & camera 5.1 MP; 2.4" LCD screen; video with sound; voice recorder; 4x digtal zoom; MP3 player; FM radio. Orgin. 199.99 While supplies last - no rain checks$149.99 Fri Dec. 1 - 3pm to Midnight or Sat Dec 2 - 6am to 1 pm

In todays sale paper they are showing as a night owl/early bird special for Friday/Saturday.... any size .... down comforter/pillows/featherbed all in one set for $59.99. I am going to try to get a set for my sofa bed to make it at least tolerable!

Thank you soooo much for the head's up. I need to jump on this. I hate that I missed the $39.99 on entire stock sale.

Guest RealLivePrinces

I'm confused, too. lol. I do know we're selling a new-to-us MP3 player for 29.99 after a $20 rebate, and my store has a very limited number. It's so tiny and cute + headbuds!

Will they be on sale again for anywhere near that price? Even in the $10-15 range?

I asked the lead, and she said the Saturday before Christmas sale.

FYI: Gold Fine Jewelry will be 60% with an extra 20% during the power hours. Sterling Silver will be 65% off.

Guest RealLivePrinces

Okay, tonight through tomorrow morning, there's a huge sale featuring the video camera and MP3 player, 40% off fine watches and an additional 20% off already 60% fine jewelry and other stuff. Sorry, forgot to grab the ad. Hee.

But next week, it's looking pretty good:

Wednesday, Dec. 6 (my birthday!): half-price sale, senior day, fine jewelry is 60% with an additional 10%, 50% off Fisher Price toys (excluding TMX Elmo, which most stores don't have anyway, and Power Wheels.)

AND THEN, HUUUGE SALE:

Friday and Saturday Dec. 8th and 9th, night owls and early birds:

-$10 Kohl's Cash for every $50 spent. "Lowest Prices of the Season" prices on most stuff during power hours, including:

-- 60% Winter Outerware (coats, etc) Excludes Columbia.

-- 65% off down comforters and featherbeds

-- 60% off blankets; $9.99 microfleece, is that what you're referring to?

Etc, etc. If y'all want me to check on a specific item for those two sales, I have the ads and would be happy to. :)

ETA: Oh! Forgot to do that sale's big ticket items:

--- $94.99 (after $30 rebate) 8" portable DVD player

--- $189.99 Fisher Price Pixar Cars Power Wheels (original $249.99)

--- $98.99 digital camera/video recorder

--- $88.99 Digital Frame

Guest mldepalma
Yeah, thanks for keeping us updated on the upcoming sales at Kohl's. I always forget to use my "pick a day" sale card; are there any that are still good now, or have they all expired? (I can't believe I forgot to bring it to the store on BF. I could have saved a bunch. Oh well...:(