Little Tikes Log Cabin at TRU

AFkat

I wish they would have told me that, it said Standard Ground. A truck can't get down my road! They always get stuck trying to turn back onto the highway! The closer to Christmas the better for me, just can't be after!

The supervisor I spoke with when I ordered it said the box is just too big to go UPS or FEDEX.

The box from the 8 in 1 was huge and they would only deliver it to the curb-I was reponsible for getting it into the garage. The driver called before delivering it to make sure I would be home to sign for it-I'm not sure if that will be the case with the log cabin.

I am going to try again tomorrow and see who I get. I haven't called and complained at all yet, b/c I was watching all you girls calling and nothing seemed to be getting done about it. Then I looked on here today and I see that TRU is doing something to honor the orders. YAY! Now let's just hope I am one of the ones they will honor it for.

Thank you for your responses!!!!

Tricia

Got my log cabin today!!! and I ordered on the 27th. I'm suprised I got it so quick! I didnt even get a shipping notice. A guy in a big white truck dropped it off. I dont know if I was supposed to help or have someone here but he seemed kind of agitated for some reason

Now my box is kinda banged up alot so i'm kinda worried about it. But I'll see what condition its in later after hubby gets home.

I've called TRU 3 times, and all 3 times have been promised that I would be called back with a 'code'. Never happened. So today I called, and told them I would wait on the phone until they have this issued solved. Waited about 20 mins, and then was told that I couldnt get a 'code' until they had them in stock again. I checked the TRU website and it did indeed show sold out. He did say that I could see if a local brick and motar TRU had one in stock, and if they did, have that manager call the 1-800 # and they would get that store to honor the $75 price for me. So I'll try that. Would save me the shipping costs.

If that doesnt work, the guy on the phone said that they will honor all the log cabin orders, no matter how long it takes. One thing I have noticed when I called in though...each time I gave my order number, they TRU agent at first played stupid and said...'oh, that's been cancelled.' When I ignored that and stated that I was looking for my 'code', then they said...."oh. Ok. Sure. Hold on." Maybe they've been told to act stupid so as to discoruage the ones that ordered from pressing the issue. Be firm.

I kinda wished they had done that for me, but TRU is 40 miles away, and my neighbor nearly got killed a few years ago when she was hauling one home for her kids. It blew out of the back of the truck on I-44, and she jumped out to get it, right as a semi hit it, throwing it back at her. She was pretty banged up for a while. She's really dumb anyways, but I didn't think it was worth it for DH, who thinks nothing needs tied down, to haul it.

I was never given any tracking info but yesterday the carrier left a note on my door with a # to call. I had to sign the note to give him the ok to redeliver it today in case I wasn't home to sign for it. I just checked outside and the cabin is here!!!!

My friend is still waiting for her cabin. She lives in a gated community and they tried to deliver yesterday but didn't have the gate code.

This has been such a mess. I have been calling TRU at least once a week trying to get my Log Cabin. I just got off the phone and was told that they can't give me the code until the item is back in stock. Of course they can't tell me exactly when that will be, but the expect it to be the middle of the month. I sure hope so, I am trying to get it here by Christmas. :banghead:

Did anyone else get their log cabin or get the code?

I did speak to a manager at TRU.com last week and she told me that Little Tikes has assured them that they would have more log cabins by December 16th. I would suggest calling on that day if you are waiting for the code.

Good luck!

What is the code you are talking about? Can anyone use it? How do you go about all of this?? It sounds really good! Any help would be awesome!

Thanks- Gina

Momma to 3 girls!

In order to get the code you had to have a cancelled order for the $75 log cabin with TRU.com. When you call with your cancelled order #, they research it and generate a code.

Each code is generated for that particular person and will not work on another order. The supervisor stays on the phone with you while you enter the code and place the new order.

Okay, mine shipped on the 4th, and originally the website said 5-7 days w/ freight. I called today because I am unable to track it, and was told that it is 14 business days. This will put it here the Friday before Christmas. If I'm lucky. They could not tell me what carrier has it. What's funny is that they are shipped from Kentucky.. the next state over!

Has anyone else gotten theirs? I am still not getting anywhere w/ TRU, and Santa is about to panic. I just need to know if it will be here!!! They have already charged me, and I would hate to buy yet another Santa gift. DS saw the 1st 2 things we got DD from Santa, so we had to get this to keep him believing.

Well, TRU has taken the 'temp not available' off of the webpage, so I tried to order really quickly. However, I couldn't get the log cabin into my shopping cart. I got it into my wish list, and in the wishlist it says that it is now available for purchase, but it wont go into my shopping cart. Hence, I called TRU, and got a supervisor, and was told that the website is in error...that they aren't any to order now...and there won't be any until after Christmas. She told me to call back next Tuesday. One wonders how in the world this company stays in business, for the left had has no idea what the right hand is doing.:(

How can one supv say that the log cabins are shipping on the 16th from Little Tikes, another says that they have no idea when they are shipping, another say that nothing has been shipped, another says that they cannot see when their inventory will be replenished, and now one says they will be here next Tuesday?

Can I apply for a job with them? I have an IQ of 14. I'll fit right in! What a joke.:mad:

Guest JustMeDiana
Can someone help me out please. I have been watching this post. Is their a code or some way to still get the log cabin for $75. Please pm for info. Thanks.:)

Has anyone else gotten theirs? I am still not getting anywhere w/ TRU, and Santa is about to panic. I just need to know if it will be here!!! They have already charged me, and I would hate to buy yet another Santa gift. DS saw the 1st 2 things we got DD from Santa, so we had to get this to keep him believing.

I can't believe your cabin hasn't come yet. You should call TRU and request a supervisor-don't even waste your time with the reps that answer the phone, demand a supervisor at the beginning of the call and don't take no for an answer. Didn't your cabin ship more than 2 weeks ago? It should not take this long! I would very upset.

okay, after 4 hours, my cabin has been lost. They will not send another, and will not refund my $$ until they find it. Fedex has no record of it. It was sgipped ground. What really PISSES me off is that when i called last week, i was told that it was sent freight and would take 14 days. Now it is 10 days late, they claim they have no more, and if they did, wouldn't honor the price, don't do reships, etc. I am on hold for a supervisor. I have spent hours on here today!! This is my final straw!!!!

okay, for an update:

After calling every freight company I could think of with similar tracking #'s, I realized that UPS Chain Solutions is a subsidiary of UPS Freight. Finally, I hear, "here it is!" It has been sitting on a dock 20 minutes away for over 2 weeks!!! TRU didn't give them my #, which is unlisted, and he said he had been trying for 2 weeks to get them to give it to him. They had my address wrong, so he couldn't look it up either.

It will be delivered Thursday morning. He said he was about to panic because he knew it was a little kid's Christmas present.

TRU was no help, if I hadn't taken matters into my own hands, I never would have gotten it! GRRRRRR!!!!!!

I REINSTATE MY FULL FLEDGED BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the same company that delivered our cabin- I wish I would have posted the info to make it easier for you! I am in the middle of a claim with their insurance company-the delivery driver damaged our driveway when he dragged the box all the way up from the curb to my doorstep!

I am so glad that you are getting your cabin! I hope your kids enjoy it!

Melissa,

Did you get yours put together? Was it difficult or easy, and how long did it take? We're pressed for time now!! I got the guy to deliver it to my parents', just hope it will fit in the back of our truck to haul it home!

We haven't put it together yet, we are waiting until Christmas Eve. I think it will be fairly easy- this is our 2nd Little Tikes Playhouse and the first was pretty easy for DH.

The box is big-but I'm sure it will fit in the back of a truck.

Here's my good news!!

Corporate called me tonight, to verify the story and assess their customer service problems. The woman profusely apologized and told me that there will be a meeting held to teach all CSR's how to track, input, and deal with customers. She was amazed that I found it, when they couldn't. I explained to her all of the time and stress involved.

I have her direct extension to call with any further problems.

and, my FREE log cabin shall arrive tomorrow!!!!!!!

:gdnum1: :gdevillaugh: :holiday01