What do you think a good gift would be for my son's "girlfriend"?

jarerice

What should I buy for my son's girlfriend? They are in the 3rd grade!!!!! They have been in every class together since first grade. And have "liked" one another since then. Goes to each others BD parties and has talked on the phone.

For Easter last year, he wanted to get her something and I said no. He asked again for this christmas.

But I spoke to her mom and she's getting a big kick out of this too. So I said he could get her something small.

What do yall think? Should I let him and if so what does he give her?

That's so sweet :)

I agree, set a price limit and take him shopping. He knows her, so he'll know what she likes, you won't have to pick the gift out-- but retain veto rights.

On a side note, you may want to doublecheck with her mom if he chooses lipsmackers or any other kind of cosmetic or lotion-y type gift, especially those sold in sets this time of year, for food allergies. If she has any allergies at all, best he choose something else.

Are you friends with her parents? What do they think of this? Maybe im old fashioned, but I don't promote girlfriends/boyfriends at that age. Way too young. If her parents don't mind and its a gift of friendship then thats a different story. A nice christmas card would suffice w/ a mini stocking filled with some candy.

Are you friends with her parents? What do they think of this? Maybe im old fashioned, but I don't promote girlfriends/boyfriends at that age. Way too young. If her parents don't mind and its a gift of friendship then thats a different story. A nice christmas card would suffice w/ a mini stocking filled with some candy.

No, i'm not friends with her mom, but I spoke with her to make sure that it was alright. As I said earlier, she is getting a kick out of them as well.

It's just cute.

Well, I went to the mall today and picked her up one of the 24 inch white christmas plush Eeore. Was 24.50, on sale for 10.00 and I had a 10.00 GC. So not bad at all.

I wanted my son to pick it out, but today was the last day of the sale. I hope she likes it. He said he wanted to get her a stuffed animal.

Thanks everyone!!!!

No, i'm not friends with her mom, but I spoke with her to make sure that it was alright. As I said earlier, she is getting a kick out of them as well.

It's just cute.

Well, I went to the mall today and picked her up one of the 24 inch white christmas plush Eeore. Was 24.50, on sale for 10.00 and I had a 10.00 GC. So not bad at all.

I wanted my son to pick it out, but today was the last day of the sale. I hope she likes it. He said he wanted to get her a stuffed animal.

Thanks everyone!!!!

My daughter has had the same boy like her since Kindergarden., and she likes him, Although they have not exchanged anything beyong birthday presents, there is nothing wrong with puppy love as long as it is just that, She know that she can not date as she is only 9 but if she wants to call him her boyfriend I see nothing wrong with it. As his a boy and they are friends,. I think that gift is perfect.

Ok

I'm having second thoughts.......... (i have not spoke to my son about this)

As you know I got the Eeroe

But I'm thinking about returning him and getting the Stitch.

What do you think? Which is better for an 8 year old girl? My son watches Stitch on tv still and he has never liked Pooh Bear.

I think thats why he didn't have that great of a reaction.

Help

I bet stitch would go over better...generation gap I guess. lol

You should pick up one of those giant Hershey kisses http://www.blaircandy.com/hegiki7oz.html and put it in the gift bag as well. What girl does not like chocolate? I loved those at that age. In fact I even got one from my "boyfriend" in 3rd grade...sheesh ages ago. lol You can pick one up at a drug store like CVS or Walgreens for about $2.xx

You were right to go with the Stitch. I asked my son which one he would rather give her and his answer was, (I quote)

Yeah, mom get the Stitch! That's her 2nd favorite cartoon. She will like that.

So I asked him what her favorite cartoon is and it's Scooby.

I thought it was so cute:sidesplit her 2nd favorite cartoon:sidesplit

There is a boy in my daughters class (3rd grade) that liked her all through first and second grade. I became friends with his mother and she was always telling me how much he liked her. Then last year when we were at breakfast with santa the school had a bazar for the kids to buy presents for people at cheap prices and I remember he would go buy my dd something give to her and buy something else for her . He did this about 2 - 3 times. Me and his mother just laughed. This year he moved onto liking an older girl.

I think you're worrying about it way too much! It's a personal opinion, of course, but I would not encourage Christmas gifts to boyfriends/girlfriends at this age. I think kids are too often encouraged to have "relationships" too early in life.

I agree. I wouldn't even be referring to her as his "girlfriend" at this age.

Thanks but I am no longer worrying over what to get her. We got her the Stitch stuffed animal. My son is also getting gifts for his 3 best friends. And if he wants to call her his "girlfriend", it's fine with me. To me thats just not that big of a deal. There are many other issues that I take concern in and I have learned to choose my battles. And "Girlfriend" is not worth it. In my opinion.

Thanks to everyone for helping me find this gift.