32" Westinghouse TV

DramaQueenLucy

I was able to get a 32" LCD HDTV at Bestbuy but it wasn't the advertized HDTV on BF that ended at 11:00am. They offered a $899 Insignia 32" as a substitute for the Westinghouse 32" that was sold out at about 8:30 at the Riverside, CA Bestbuy. I paid $479.99, $8.00 CA recycycling fee, 4 year extended warr for $59.99, and 7.75% sales tax.

I also read some complaints on AVSFORUM.com concerning the Westinghouse LCD tvs. I went to Best Buy around 6:30 A.M. yesterday and picked up one 27" and one 32" for cheap bedroom tvs, but now I am worried and I am considering taking them back tomorrow. The complaints that worry me the most are the posts that mention a vertical line that appears on the left or right side and a freezing problem.

I also read some complaints on AVSFORUM.com concerning the Westinghouse LCD tvs. I went to Best Buy around 6:30 A.M. yesterday and picked up one 27" and one 32" for cheap bedroom tvs, but now I am worried and I am considering taking them back tomorrow. The complaints that worry me the most are the posts that mention a vertical line that appears on the left or right side and a freezing problem.

The verticle line on the left side of my NBC station is normal, if that's the sort of thing they are referring to. I have 2 PC HDTV tuner cards and my NBC station shows the same left-side line thing. The station broadcasts like that. I dunno if maybe that is what people are talking about. Is it on every channel?

i have had a west. 32" for about a year and a half and recently i have noticed that when i am watching an HD station and the whole screen is used there is a dark line about 1.5 inches on the left of the picture that runs all the way down. This is just a bedroom TV that was pretty cheap but i am still alittle dissapointed in it.

I was able to get a 32" LCD HDTV at Bestbuy but it wasn't the advertized HDTV on BF that ended at 11:00am. They offered a $899 Insignia 32" as a substitute for the Westinghouse 32" that was sold out at about 8:30 at the Riverside, CA Bestbuy. I paid $479.99, $8.00 CA recycycling fee, 4 year extended warr for $59.99, and 7.75% sales tax.

Wow, nice best buy. Ours was pretty nice too, they started tossing t-shirts into the crowd and getting everyone pumped up. I got my 32" Westinghouse, set it up and it is hooked to an analog tv antenna. Its hilarious, because it actually works and its pretty clear, now I do not need to spend the money on an HDTV antenna.

I camped out for 15 hours to get the 32" LCD Westinghouse tv as a gift. I was #3 in line. I opened it today to make sure that it was working before I brought it out-of-state as a Christmas gift for my family.

The tv is WONDERFUL! I have analog cable but the picture (480) was very good and I thought the stereo sound was excellent. This should be spectacular with HD.

I am thrilled with this tv. I had a very good time camping out (low was 29 degrees) but the fact that the tv is so terrific makes the experience even better.

Yeah.