Who got the $99 laptop?

u4eagirl2000

I bought it, #2 in line with my friend, his college age daughter came up, and her boyfriend bought one as well = 04. Only nuisance was another lady in line questioned our integrity, and the second time she came up with a store associate who then had to reassure her that multiple laptops could be bought, on the same credit card, but to different residences. (This was on the up and up - everyone would be purchasing for different locales ie: school, work, or home). I felt apologetic to the lady, but she did pull an 'attitude.

My sister's SO got it. She didn't get it for $99 though because their Vonage signup computer was down. so no one got Vonage. She paid the $299(??) for it and will get the $100 mail-in rebate. She was 17th in line, and they had 35 of the laptops.

Guest vjwilson27
I am soooo not happy about this at all. I think something fishy went down at our CC. We got there at 8pm and spent the night there (with my 11 month old nonetheless) and hubby was 25th person in line. At the beginning there were only 4 other people in line that wanted the laptop in front of us. (Everyone was talking about what they wanted and joking around, it was great) We were sooo excited. Thought for sure we'd get one. Then there was a rumor (started by an CC employee that wasn't working BF) that they had FIFTY laptops. We were positive we'd get one... Well 4am comes around... there were only TWELVE laptops, and suddenly the first 14 people in line got them. I'm all for first come first serve and all that. But I don't think what happened was fair. I definitely think someone wasn't playing by the rules.

There were only about 20 at the CC I went to in Everett Washington. I was bummed cause I didn't get it, but I did get the $600 Acer and I love the thing..it rocks! LOL I got in line at about 1am (would've gotten there earlier if I hadn't worked) and was about 50th person in line.

Hubby and I have talked about getting a laptop for awhile now, but have no desire to stand in line for one. So he went on CC.com Friday night and the $299 laptop showed in stock in our local store, so he called and they said they had 2 available. Clerk held it for us until we got there. Walked right in and bought it at 8pm at night, no lines. Guess their FireDog team had done something special to them with an added $30 charge, that was fine by me. One of the other employees was pissed he did not know about the ones in the back. Regardless, I am working on my $299 laptop right now!