XBox 360 Platinum Deal at Overstock.com ~$350 shipped

Brad

With the Dell deal over, here is another nice one for the 360. It's a little complicated though, so pay attention :P

1. Activate this 12% coupon link

2. Search for "xbox 360 platinum"

3. Add the system to your cart

4. Add any other non-media item to your order (that means no CD/DVD/book/video game)

The 12% savings should be shown in your shopping cart, plus everything has free shipping.

The reason for adding the additional item is that the 12% coupon can't be used for an order comprised solely of media items, so you have to add something else to get the coupon to work. But Overstock has hundreds of items under $10 so that shouldn't be hard to find :)

Am I correct in reading that the dell offer only has the system and the harddrive, but not the controller and the headset? if this is the case, after adding what they charge you for those (even after 15% savings) the deal on overstock.com is way better.

I think in the Dell thread it's explained, I went ahead and e-mailed Dell asking them to cancel m order. I was able to get the same thing in Overstock PLUS the down comforter and Gears of War (limited instead of regular) and it came out a few bucks cheaper. Basically, got the upgrade in the game and a free comforter.

Hope Dell will honor the cancelled order!

If Overstock doesn't charge tax, does that mean the gov't doesn't tax them? I know someone has to pay taxes and it wouldn't make sense for overstock to, they'd lose so much money. What's the deal on that?

The government is trying to get its hands in the pockets of the cyber stores, but as far as I know--as of right now in most states--if the store doesn't have a physical presence in a state, it doesn't have to charge the buyer from that state sales tax. For instance, since Overstock.com isn't located in Alaska, it doesn't have to charge Alaskans sales tax.

I think in the Dell thread it's explained, I went ahead and e-mailed Dell asking them to cancel m order. I was able to get the same thing in Overstock PLUS the down comforter and Gears of War (limited instead of regular) and it came out a few bucks cheaper. Basically, got the upgrade in the game and a free comforter.

Hope Dell will honor the cancelled order!

I followed your example, Rkade, and bought the XBox 360 at Overstock.com. With the 12% discount and free shipping, and no sales tax (which I would have had to pay at Dell), it was a better deal for me. I added an extra wireless controller, the controller rechargeable battery pack and the Gears of War Limited Edition game (it looks like something my teenagers would like) and a king-size down comforter. My total was $485.79. Also, using my Starwood AmEx I automatically get an additional year of the manufacturer's warranty for free (although I may add the extended warranty protection offered by Overstock...have 10 days to decide that). I'm sure most credit cards offer similar buyer's protection, so check your cards terms and conditions.

Wazzu, I agree and while I didn't get the extra controller (I basically am the only one who will be playing it) I saved a few bucks PLUS got the comforter. Used my Amex as well! My total bill (includes Scroll game as well) was 480.85.

If you add the two-year protection plan, it will qualify you for free shipping and the discount. Basically you add the $34.99 plan and then the discount gets you $52.08 off plus free shipping. Why not have the extra protection seeing as how some people report failure after 6 months or so...:D

If you add the two-year protection plan, it will qualify you for free shipping and the discount. Basically you add the $34.99 plan and then the discount gets you $52.08 off plus free shipping. Why not have the extra protection seeing as how some people report failure after 6 months or so...:D

Depending on the credit card you use, you might already be getting a year of warranty protection for free.

In the words of Homer Simpson "DOH!" If only I knew that.

I made the purchased on Saturday and it's Monday and I already have it here in front me. I used an American Express card but I didn't see anything about an extra year of warranty. What bothered me about the packaging was there was no protection to protect the xbox, all there was, was construction paper and it was on the opposite side of where it should be. THere were no "Fragile" writings anywhere. I was concerned. So I open it up and once I take out my xbox I here a clicking noise, I think something is loose inside the system. Anyone else get that noise? I shook it a little bit to hear it some more and I definitely think there's a loose piece of something in there.

Wazzu, you stated you have 10 days to decide if you want to purchase the warranty. I already have my xbox, can I still extend the warranty and if so where can I do this? Thanks.

I also hear something but wonder if it's an internal spring?

Whew! Hopefully it's all xbox's and not mine. Because the packaging sure was poor with no protection and they didn't even have the decency to write fragile on it. It's like shipping a laptop with no support! Dropped, banged, rolled around etc.

Has anyone find anything on there site under $5 to add to the order to make the discount work? Cheapest item I found was a plastic ice scoop for $9.

I know you can add the 2 year warranty and the discount works, but I'll use my AmEx Blue card and get a free additional year warranty.

Has anyone find anything on there site under $5 to add to the order to make the discount work? Cheapest item I found was a plastic ice scoop for $9.

I know you can add the 2 year warranty and the discount works, but I'll use my AmEx Blue card and get a free additional year warranty.

I used my AmEx blue card and didn't get any warranty. How do you know you got the extra extension? I didn't get any notification of a warranty extension at all. Is it a part of overstock's deal if you use the card you get a year extra on the warranty?

You can use an item for $1.99, check it out in the 12%off overstock thread, it's listed in the first post. Here I'll just give you the link to the filler item: http://www.gottadeal.com/goto.php?http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=2192935

EDIT: oops looks like the filler item is officially out of stock, sorry.

I used my AmEx blue card and didn't get any warranty. How do you know you got the extra extension? I didn't get any notification of a warranty extension at all. Is it a part of overstock's deal if you use the card you get a year extra on the warranty?

The Amex additional warranty coverege is called the Buyer's Assurance Plan. It's available on select cards (I know blue and optima for sure since I have both). You don't have to fill out or mail in anything, just keep the original receipt and packaging. If you want full details call Amex customer service. Not trying to push you off, but they can explain the plan much better than I can. ;)

It's not something from Overstock, it's a Amex card member benefit.

Thanks for the link... I'll keep looking for something else cheap!

The Amex additional warranty coverege is called the Buyer's Assurance Plan. It's available on select cards (I know blue and optima for sure since I have both). You don't have to fill out or mail in anything, just keep the original receipt and packaging. If you want full details call Amex customer service. Not trying to push you off, but they can explain the plan much better than I can. ;)

It's not something from Overstock, it's a Amex card member benefit.

Thanks for the link... I'll keep looking for something else cheap!

I didn't even know anything about it. I do have a blue amex card and used it. I'll keep the original receipt and packaging for sure. Thanks!

Ok I just got done talking to a customer rep for AmEx. He said because Xbox's mfg's warranty is only 90 days, they can only match it. So the full warranty with the AmEx and Xbox's warranties are a full 6 months, not one year. However, if we get the 2 year extension warranty from overstock.com, AmEx will cover up to 1 year AFTER the 2 year extension warranty expires, so it's for a full 3 years not 6 months if you buy the extension, I'm going to now.

Also I talked with OS.com's rep and they told me they couldn't apply the 12% off coupon towards the warranty because I had already used it. So I find the other 10% off and asked her if that could be applied towards the warranty and she said no and only on my next purchase. I told her she's contradicting herself and that the 10% works when you buy the xbox w/warranty and the warranty is discounted as well. So she says ok I'll notify the warranty department. I'd better get the 10% off, even though it's like $3 and some change.

Ok I just got done talking to a customer rep for AmEx. He said because Xbox's mfg's warranty is only 90 days, they can only match it. So the full warranty with the AmEx and Xbox's warranties are a full 6 months, not one year.

Sorry... I forgot the XBOX warranty was only 90 days.

Even with the 2 year extended warranty at OS it comes to 381.90, shipped. Not a bad deal.

If anyone is interested and does not already know... if you have a Microcenter near you they have the XBOX 360 premium for $299.99 after a $100.00 mail in rebate. Valid in B&M stores only, not available online. I don't like MIR's and the OS deal with warranty is hard to pass up... debating pulling the trigger.

A lot of credit cards--besides Amex--offer warranties as a perk. Of course they only promote that fact when they want you to apply. Once you're a cardholder they'd probably rather you forget it. :)

If you can't locate the terms and conditions paperwork for your credit card, Google the name of your card along with "extended warranty" or something like that. You'll still want to know the exact terms and conditions should you ever need to use the program, but if you do a search you should be able to find out whether your card offers the incentive.

To read more about Overstock's warranty program:

Platinum Protection Product Plan FAQ: https://help.overstock.com/cgi-bin/overstock.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=41&p_created=1146604757#PlatinumFAQ

Platinum Protection Product Plan Terms and Conditions: https://help.overstock.com/cgi-bin/overstock.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=41&p_created=1146604757#PlatinumTC