Panasonic 42" Plasma---Price Match

ewiz06

Just got off of the phone with the Sears Sr. Sales rep and he told me that they will do a price match on the $1199.00 Panasonic 42" Plasma. Since it is not a doorbuster sale and is on sale Friday through Saturday, they will honor the Circuit City price. I'll ask about the 10% difference when I get there, but I'm not going to get greedy.

Heading over there now. I'll let everyone know what happens.

Just got back from Sears and they gave me a price match on the 42" Panasonic Plasma $1199.00 without a problem. All they did was verify online (by going to Circuit City's webpage) that it was not a doorbuster and then they processed the sale. On top of that, as part of their price match policy I got 10% of the difference between their current sale price $1499.00 and the Circuit City price, which brought down the final total to $1169.00!!! I actually saved money by not going to Circuit City.

While I know Best Buy had the same TV as an doorbuster for $999.00, I would have had to have been in line by 5:00 P.M. on Thanksgiving Day to get one of those because the lines were so long. 10 hours of waiting for-not me.

Bottomline, I got a great TV for $30.00 less than Circuit City's price, did not wait 1 minute in line outside the doors in the freezing cold, nor did I have to wait the typical 1-2 hours in line once I got in the store. Not to mention a full night's sleep. :yup: :yup:

If you want this TV, Sears is your place.

Sears did price match me this morning very early in the crowded floor area on BB's price. I purchased this for 1267 (after a price match on Tweeter last Thursday) Got a $287 credit today for a total of $981 including taxes with the BB price match. I showed the salesman the printout of BB's 7 hour sale. No questions asked and manager came over and swiped his card to approve. Lots of customers around the register so they were trying to take care of my business asap. In the door at 5am and out at 5:15am.

Sorry guys but I had my numbers wrong and got it for 1066 after taxes. Still not to shabby....

Beagle--I checked with Circuit City before I went to Sears and was told three things by a floor manager, one-they were sold out of the TV and there were no rain checks, two-most of the 10% coupons were fakes, three-the coupons (if valid) were not being honored because the TV was a special offer that does not allow additional discounts. Trust me I tried because I was trying to get as low a price as possible, but you weren't getting this TV for less than $1199.00 at CC. Watched people in line with printed internet coupons who were being denied.

Wolfdevil--you got a sweet deal. The Sears manager told me they would not do a price match on a doorbuster. You got there at the right time. Like you said, there were a lot of people around so they were trying to process folks without hassles. By the time I got to Circuit City they were sold out so I didn't have a TV to purchase to get a price match. Congrats to you. I know you'll enjoy the set.

In any case, I'm really pleased with my purchase. Got it hooked up and it looks great!! I still got a great price and did not have to fight any crowds or wait in any lines.

Yeap, I called the store where I purchased from this past Tuesday night and it was like no way are we going to price match door buster deals. I could have matched on the CC price 1199 there but I was like what the heck go for the BB 7 hour price 999. Then at the last minute I decided to go to the Sears closest to my house where I did not make the purchase and got very lucky. Like I said in my other replys, each Sears seems to be different and it just depends on when you go (crowds versus no crowds),who the salesperson/ manager are and what kind of day they are having. If I had went later in the day, I may not have gotten the price match. Like today the manager was so busy he didn't even have time to ask what the price match was and just wanted to take care of the needs of his salesperson and me so he could get to the next customer. The best thing about the whole deal is I've had this set up and running for days and didn't have to camp out for it(which I wouldn't have done any way). I couldn't have done it without all the advice I have read on these gottadeal forums.

Yeap, I called the store where I purchased from this past Tuesday night and it was like no way are we going to price match door buster deals. I could have matched on the CC price 1199 there but I was like what the heck go for the BB 7 hour price 999. Then at the last minute I decided to go to the Sears closest to my house where I did not make the purchase and got very lucky. Like I said in my other replys, each Sears seems to be different and it just depends on when you go (crowds versus no crowds),who the salesperson/ manager are and what kind of day they are having. If I had went later in the day, I may not have gotten the price match. Like today the manager was so busy he didn't even have time to ask what the price match was and just wanted to take care of the needs of his salesperson and me so he could get to the next customer. The best thing about the whole deal is I've had this set up and running for days and didn't have to camp out for it(which I wouldn't have done any way). I couldn't have done it without all the advice I have read on these gottadeal forums.

You couldn't have said it better Wolfdevil. It's all a matter of being at the right place at the right time. :)

Like you said, if it weren't for the great folks on these forums I would have never gotten this TV for anywhere close to what I paid. Have a good one!

Just got back from Sears and they gave me a price match on the 42" Panasonic Plasma $1199.00 without a problem. All they did was verify online (by going to Circuit City's webpage) that it was not a doorbuster and then they processed the sale. On top of that, as part of their price match policy I got 10% of the difference between their current sale price $1499.00 and the Circuit City price, which brought down the final total to $1169.00!!! I actually saved money by not going to Circuit City.

While I know Best Buy had the same TV as an doorbuster for $999.00, I would have had to have been in line by 5:00 P.M. on Thanksgiving Day to get one of those because the lines were so long. 10 hours of waiting for-not me.

Bottomline, I got a great TV for $30.00 less than Circuit City's price, did not wait 1 minute in line outside the doors in the freezing cold, nor did I have to wait the typical 1-2 hours in line once I got in the store. Not to mention a full night's sleep. :yup: :yup:

If you want this TV, Sears is your place.

In another post, I walked in at 1 and special ordered it for 999 :)