Digital Camcorder Question

shoppinnut

Hopefully someone will have some advice/tips for me.

I've been wanting to get a new camcorder for some time now. My problem is, which one I should get. I don't have too many options that I MUST have, but a few that I would like to have. I want it to be VERY easy to watch what I've taped, whether I have to hook it up, or pop it into the dvd player. I also want to be able to shoot in low light/night light and want a good zoom for my kids soccer/basketball games.

I guess the main thing would be the ease of watching what I've taped. There are so many different kinds such as High 8, DV, DVD, etc, that I don't know where to begin. It probably won't get used a whole lot, so I want to keep it under $400. I know there are a few on BF sales, so does anyone have any suggestions? :g_help:

Hopefully someone will have some advice/tips for me.

I've been wanting to get a new camcorder for some time now. My problem is, which one I should get. I don't have too many options that I MUST have, but a few that I would like to have. I want it to be VERY easy to watch what I've taped, whether I have to hook it up, or pop it into the dvd player. I also want to be able to shoot in low light/night light and want a good zoom for my kids soccer/basketball games.

I guess the main thing would be the ease of watching what I've taped. There are so many different kinds such as High 8, DV, DVD, etc, that I don't know where to begin. It probably won't get used a whole lot, so I want to keep it under $400. I know there are a few on BF sales, so does anyone have any suggestions? :g_help:

I am also in the same situation you are in, which one should i get?!...i think i will wind up geting the Samsung Mini DV Digital Camcorder from Best Buy...that is if i get there on time...it is on sale right now for Black Friday for $129.99, and you save alot because it was regularly like almost $400!