RCA 52" widescreen projection HDTV for $474 discussion thread

angela8282

Yes, that's my number, but I can't find any advertisement for today's sale with the model number to prove it's the same tv. I can't open your link. I'm trying to find some proof. It's a $400.00 difference and I'm sooooo angry about it. Thanks.

Hello all..... I'm looking for anyone out there who DID get one of the tv's on sale. I'm tryin to find out what the model number is for the ones they sold today. I just paid $900.00 for this same tv 12 days ago. The manager in my local store is tryin to tell me today's sale tv's are a different model number, and they won't issue me the $400.00 difference. I need some proof. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks all.

Here is the model # right off the box in my garage R52WH74 Hope this helps and to clarify I am in WI and we in fact purchased this for $474.00 + $58.00 for the extended 2 year. I arrived at our local store at 1:10 am there were 2 people ahead of me and only 6 TV's available. Everything was smooth where I was and they were very organized (but they just opened at thier new location a week ago).

OH MY GOD!! I new it. They were supposed to have 3 tv's available today, and I was at the store at 5:00 am with my receipt after I saw the tv on line. I wanted a credit back as I just purchased this tv 12 days ago, I paid exactly $894.00 for the tv, plus 58.88 for the service plan. Manager wouldn't give it to me, saying "oh no, it was a different model number on the sale ones. It's the exact same number. I'm sooo frustrated. I need proof to get my refund. Is there any way that you can help me? I'm in Rhode Island. My Walmart supercenter here just opened this month. Please help. Do you have email or a copy machine? Would you be willing to help me? Thanks in advance. ( I hate it when stores are sneaky). I also wonder where the three tv's went to at 5:00 am. I didn't see anyone leaving with them.

Hello again...... I have great news.... I called the manager at Walmart right after I read your message and told him that the tv that I bought and the sale ones are exactly the same with the same model number. Told him I knew someone that bought one today. They told me to come in for a refund!!!!! Looks like they new all along. Thank you so much for replying to my message.... you were a blessing. Without knowing for sure if the model #'s were the same, I wouldn't have been able to get a credit. Happy Holidays to you and your family. THANKS!!

The ad stated Minimum of 3 per store. A lady about 10 or so back in line from me called and they told her they had 6.

Turns out they had only 2. The counted the display as the third but wouldn't sell it. Not sure what happened to the others. Employees bought them maybe? The TV's weren't even on the floor. We got tickets in line, took the ticket to the register to pay, then pulled around to the back of the store where they loaded it. So I never saw any of the TV's to see how many they actually started out with.

Our Walmart had 12....we did not want one, although we had the opportunity we were #8 :smirk: in line. Our store did the number thing...very orderly!!! It was nice! We are getting a different one in the Spring. LCD not projection...I don't like the way it looks.

Our walmart was great...i priced matched everything that was in the BB ad, and was able to bypass best buy all together...LOL

We got to the Super WM at 3 am,asked one of the clerks,she said they only had 4 and showed us where to go.Well there were about 6 or 7 people standing around so we just went off to find the other stuff.Come to find out there was actually 11 of them...errr.....we could have gotten one...oh well.I wish I would've asked 2 or 3 people.

We did get everything else we went there for,so we're happy...and exhausted!

Jenn A

We got to my Walmart around 12am to get in line there was already people lined up for them since 5Pm thrusday. They only got 7 of them I was lucky 7. People where so nasty and tryin to cut in front of the line so the 7 of us that where there helped each other out. The people that had someone else with them got 2 tickets and passed them back to make sure that we got our 52" inch RCA. Got a new TV and made new friends:gdthums:

My Wal-Mart in Saint Louis, MO had 5 tvs. They unlocked the door at 4:30 to hand out tickets to the plasma, and told everyone the RCA's were already gone. I'm guessing the employees bought them. So actually, I guess my store started the day with 0 Tv's. So... skeezy!!!!

Hi and :2welcome: to Gottadeal!

Just curious what WM you went to in St Louis. I used to live there and we always either went to Kirkwood or Chesterfield Commons.

I liked the Commons more. Walmart, Target Greatland, Circuit City, Best Buy, Sams, and much much more right there together. ;)

Hope you had a good day!

WE GOT THE TV :cheesy: My friend has this tv and LOVES it. We got to Walmart at 11:30 last night with 2 other people in line. I was #3 and my DH was #4. We got two of these, one for us and one for my mom. She has Lupus and her body couldn't handle staying up for that long. My Walmart only got 4 in and then they sold the display. The guy behind DH got the display but they wouldn't give him a discount. I was SO tired today, I was up for 24 hours and then came home and slept for 3 hours and got up. And I am still going (sort of lol)

Well, I'm from Wisconsin. We went to the store Thusday night to check out the TV. As the add for the TV is advertising it for the 4XX.XX dollars on the actual TV a worker came over and told it was a misprint on the internet. So friday morning I went to Shopko and Target first. Then when I got to walmart,at 6:30, everything I wanted was still there exept the cabbabage patch kids. The parking lot was empty we parked right up by the doors. That has never happened at our Walmart they are always busy. I think they messed up this year.